closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC perpetual calendar

Master

IWC perpetual calendar

I was in WoS on Regent street today and they have an oversized model of the IWC perpetual calendar on the wall. They explained its the product of WoS adaption of the IWC.

Has anyone seen details of how it works, how the adaption is made and how they they achieve all changes takings place at the same time ( day/date/month/year), etc?

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    If you mean the watch. I stand to be corrected - but I believe it is all done via the crown and geared together. So if it stops you have to hand wind through the days amd months to get to the correct day / date / month / year. If you over wind you have to stop it and wait for it to “catch up”.

manual:

https://www.iwc.com/content/dam/rcq/.../8/1534328.pdf
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 30th May 2021 at 21:59.
    Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it. HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If you mean the watch. I stand to be corrected - but I believe it is all done via the crown and geared together. So if it stops you have to hand wind through the days amd months to get to the correct day / date / month / year. If you over wind you have to stop it and wait for it to “catch up”.
    I got the impression there is the standard IWC watch and they overlay a cock/bridge and take a drive off the standard watch and into a deeper case.

The model on the wall showed the first two shoots of the year (20 of 2021) is printed with 20 21 and 22 and then you have to go back to the shop for the next three years ( in 280years).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

manual:

https://www.iwc.com/content/dam/rcq/.../8/1534328.pdf
    Thats the watch. Im curious about how the gear train is connected to the perpetual mechanism.