closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Final 2021

Master
    Blog Entries
    What were the odds tonight? I thought city's name was already on the cup to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Where's that yawn emoji when you need it ?
    Have you nothing new or original to contribute ?

We were beaten by a Euro team who were better at playin' the ref.
    Diving tarts - especially Jorghino... and Rudiga, who totally pole-axed De Bruyne and then feigned an injury.
    Beaten by the Chelsea charlatans again...
    Bitter ? Yes ... Blue .. always...
    We'll be back...

z
    Don't be ridiculous. I wanted Man City to win but anyone who watched that game and thinks Chelsea didn't legitimately deserve to win that is a cretin

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Fraudiola strikes again.
    Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. I wanted Man City to win but anyone who watched that game and thinks Chelsea didn't legitimately deserve to win that is a cretin

Yes, ditto. Tuchel’s got Pep’s number, at least for now.

Blog Entries
    True : Chelsea took their chances better than City.
    But they also played the Euro game better ( with an eye to the Euro ref ) with many feigned injuries instant recoveries.
    Even the BT team commented on several occurences.

However, Chelsea played with a better strategy on the night.

Still infrutrating to see professionals feign injury though - regardless of the team.

Cretin ? No
    Football Fan ? Yes

z

Craftsman
    We know who we are! Champions of Europe, we know, who we are.

Chelsea!!!

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 5G using TZ-UK mobile app

True : Chelsea took their chances better than City.
    But they also played the Euro game better ( with an eye to the Euro ref ) with many feigned injuries instant recoveries.
    Even the BT team commented on several occurences.

However, Chelsea played with a better strategy on the night.

Still infrutrating to see professionals feign injury though - regardless of the team.

Cretin ? No
    Football Fan ? Yes

z
    Fair enough and in the heat of the moment as a fan strong emotions are stirred. I don't think you are a cretin but for me Chelsea were deserved winners tonight

BTW I'm going to go out on a limb and state that the best footballer in the world is Ngolo Kante. What a player.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    If they can’t “turn up” for a big final how can they be the best team in the 30 years of the PL?

Surely turning up to (and performing/winning) big finals is what makes you the best?
    3 PL titles in the last 4 seasons, 5 in the last decade, if that doesn’t make them one of the best PL teams ever, the games a bogey!
    As I said in the football thread, Chelsea seem to have their ticket and they just scraped 4th in the league.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Preferred to see Chelsea win but this will only mean Pep will have more money to blow for next season......

The guy really needs to stop over tinkering

Master
    Well deserved Chelsea. Wanted City to win even though I'm a United fan, but you can see it was a tactical masterclass and the Chelsea players wanted it more. Kante is so annoyingly good, and really Chelsea could've won by 2 or 3 nil.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

After losing last two games v Chelsea and seeing how lethal they were breaking forward I just don’t understand how he didn’t start with Fernandinho.
    This has been Sterling’s worst season in a City shirt so I was very surprised to see him start. I’d have started Torres over Sterling. Reece James bossed Sterling until he was subbed.
    Chelsea will be a real title threat next season.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, ditto. Tuchel’s got Pep’s number, at least for now.
    You think so? City were all over Chelsea for large parts of the game Sterling must be one of the most frustrating players on the pitch, at times brilliant at others just not with it. Not good to see Kevin De Bruyne go off like that, wasnt expecting such a fast pace/aggressive game as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    You think so? City were all over Chelsea for large parts of the game Sterling must be one of the most frustrating players on the pitch, at times brilliant at others just not with it. Not good to see Kevin De Bruyne go off like that, wasnt expecting such a fast pace/aggressive game as it was.
    P3, W3? Yeah, I think so.

You must have been watching a different match to me. We had moments but struggled to create any genuine chances. Chelsea let City pass it around in their own half but pressed hard when it mattered and stopped us playing the way we have done most of the season.
    Brilliant by the ref to help up Rudiger whilst showing him a yellow card.

City put pressure on in 2nd half for 10 mins but I don't think they were 'all over them' and Chelsea looked comfortable.

As an aside the ref was terrific. No nonsense and got the major decisions correct even with VAR double checking. Wish we had more of him in the Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    You must have been watching a different match to me. We had moments but struggled to create any genuine chances. Chelsea let City pass it around in their own half but pressed hard when it mattered and stopped us playing the way we have done most of the season.
    Brilliant by the ref to help up Rudiger whilst showing him a yellow card.
    Thought the ref had a decent game but from kick off City had Chelsea penned back but didnt capitalise on it and let them back in it. Second half they were camped in the Chelsea half and Chelsea seemed reduced to catching them on the break. Both teams were pretty wasteful with their chances but City did have a fair few opportunities to score. I dont think City were as bad as the pundits post match were trying to make them out they were singing their praises (Assuming like most of us they were going to get a last minute goal and take the game into extra time)

I am sure its raw at the moment but until the champions league trophy is won I dont see Pep going anywhere, will be interesting to see what he does with the squad though for next season.

Didn’t put a glove on Chelsea for 90 minutes .
    Pretty poor all round .
    Can’t dislike Chelsea . They are a plastic no history club like us

Chelsea played very well, good final watching 2 teams going toe to toe. Good to see the real emotion from the Chelsea players.

“I don’t give a **** we just won the champions league”

Going to be quote of the season that one

- - - Updated - - -

Somewhere in Portugal there is a man trying to find a way to blame Liverpool for this one.
    Sorry to disappoint you and your ilk . We don’t blame others for our failings . That seems to come from the red half of Merseyside.
    Great season btw . Did you enjoy parading the Top at Christmas Cup around ?

Pep overthinking again, Sterling in for Rhodri? He got it wrong and paid the price.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Pep overthinking again, Sterling in for Rhodri? He got it wrong and paid the price.

Yes, it’s hard not to lay the blame at Pep’s doorstep. Probably not the best game to change a winning formula!

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Pretty poor all round .
    Well said, that man(c)

60 out of 61 games this season city have played Rhodri or Dino. But he ditches that for the CL final. They just looked really exposed. Masterclass by Tuchel though. Those players were disciplined are up for it.

Unlike say a Solksjaer, who if they win they turned up, and if they don't win they didn't turn up ( that's all he has, it's Man UTD lads and a pat on the back ), these two are excellent managers .

But against Kante, he pitted Gundog, and he was slaughtered

Well done Tuchel

Stomach was in knots before the game but started to feel better all the while the "experts" we're saying City will win at a gallop.
    Do these idiots actually watch football at all? City are superb and have been for years but Chelsea under Touchel are the best I've seen since Conte was in charge.

50-50 possession I think but it's goals that count and if you're not creating chances you ain't gonna score.

I shouted, swore, screamed and cried tears of joy, I actually have a carpet burn on my knees as I slid across the floor when I thought Pulasic scored.

Probably the best refereeing I've seen in a long time, European referees constantly show up the amateurs we have in the Prem and no VAR spoiling the game.

That game last night is the reason I love football and why I love my Chelsea!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TZ-UK mobile app

Pretty poor all round .
    Never really understood the 'no history' argument.

All clubs start with no history. A young supporter wants to see success now, not hear his Grandad reminiscing about the past.

Sorry to disappoint you and your ilk . We don’t blame others for our failings . That seems to come from the red half of Merseyside.
    Great season btw . Did you enjoy parading the Top at Christmas Cup around ?
    Too busy enjoying a toast to your bitter tears thanks.

It’s delightful your bitterness transcends nations though.

Nothing against City it’s just enjoyable reading your rants

Glad you took the time post match to comment

2am and thinking of Liverpool, tremendous

👍 😂😂

Pretty poor all round .
    Yeah that one always makes me smile when said about our two clubs, mainly by folk who's memory doesn't go back further than the 80's.
    I don't know any Chelsea fans who dislike City, going back to the Full Members final, two 5h!t teams having to invent a competition to have any chance of winning anything. Both sets of fans having a great day out 5-1 up with a few minutes to go and City scoring 3 goals in injury time aged me 20yrs in 5mins!

Don't feel bad losing City, without trying to sound condescending, it's your first Champions League final and when you finally win the thing which you definitely will it'll make it all the sweeter. Take it from me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    3 PL titles in the last 4 seasons, 5 in the last decade, if that doesn’t make them one of the best PL teams ever, the games a bogey.
    One of the best, I agree with. But you said probably the best, which I disagree with.

BTW I'm going to go out on a limb and state that the best footballer in the world is Ngolo Kante. What a player.
    Very effective at what he does, probably the best in the world in that role, but let’s not get carried away here. I’ll go out on a limb too and say people won’t be talking about Kante in 10 years time.

Pep made a bad call with the starting 11, trying to overthink everything.

I agree city have had a good few years with The PL and the league cup( mainly as they are one of the only teams to try win it) but he was hired to win the CL and has fallen short again, same as he did with Bayern. With the teams he has inherited and money spent he needs more CL wins to really go down as one of the best managers.

Would love to see him take over an average side with no money and see what he can do there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

I only caught the last 20 minutes but that was enough - totally embarrassing to see grown men play acting in that manner, with a special mention to Jorginho. Souness must sit there watching wondering what has happened to football.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Yeah that one always makes me smile when said about our two clubs, mainly by folk who's memory doesn't go back further than the 80's.
    I don't know any Chelsea fans who dislike City, going back to the Full Members final, two 5h!t teams having to invent a competition to have any chance of winning anything. Both sets of fans having a great day out 5-1 up with a few minutes to go and City scoring 3 goals in injury time aged me 20yrs in 5mins!

Don't feel bad losing City, without trying to sound condescending, it's your first Champions League final and when you finally win the thing which you definitely will it'll make it all the sweeter. Take it from me.
    Agreed Vic. Had a fantastic day out in Porto but omg it was a bloody long day. I’m now waiting for the train home from Gatwick!

It was generally good natured what I saw pre and post match. No gloating from our side and lots of magnanimous congratulations from City fans. Went up in my estimations .

And seeing as this is a watch forum here’s a quick shot with a nice bit of rubber from a plastic club

We know what we are

Master
    Blog Entries

Lol. I am still quite shocked they didn't win it. It's what they have been gagging for for years and bottled it. Chelsea are decent but city should of won easy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    I only caught the last 20 minutes but that was enough - totally embarrassing to see grown men play acting in that manner, with a special mention to Jorginho. Souness must sit there watching wondering what has happened to football.
    I watched the 89 title decider between Liverpool and arsenal the other night. My god that was football. No stop for 90 mins, tackles galore and even though arsenal were 1 up with minutes to go they were still running to get the ball when it went out of play to run up and try score another. Absolutely brilliant entertainment.

Nope , sorry
    Was on the flight and caught up with the waffle spouted by you and your fellow clingers on .
    If that was a rant I posted, I’d suggest trying a life outside your bubble .
    The highlight of your season is to mock the Champions League runners up ? Brilliant .
    Oh look , and here’s Boring 747 to add absolutely nothing to the topic .

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Pep made a bad call with the starting 11, trying to overthink everything.

I agree city have had a good few years with The PL and the league cup( mainly as they are one of the only teams to try win it) but he was hired to win the CL and has fallen short again, same as he did with Bayern. With the teams he has inherited and money spent he needs more CL wins to really go down as one of the best managers.

Would love to see him take over an average side with no money and see what he can do there.

I agree about the team selection last night, a huge mistake. No-one will be more disappointed in losing than Pep last night. He's only lost two finals out of 10 or 11. That aside, the players need to take responsibility. He can't do the playing for them. Had we shown half of what we showed against PSG in both legs it could have been a different outcome. De Bruyne had a rare poor game, getting caught regularly and passes not reaching team mates. City were short of ideas and they looked like the occasion got to them.

As for Pep's status as a manager, he's won 2 CL already. Ferguson won two Champions League in 26 years, so has Jose in nearly 20 years as a manager. Pep has managed in three different countries and had success everywhere. Yes, in some eyes he needs to win another CL but he is still one of the best managers there's been. As for the League Cup titles what's the point of entering if you're not going to set out to win. It's not in his DNA. People said his style of football would never work in the Premier League yet City have smashed almost every record in the book under Pep.

If he took over an average side he would make them better, no question. Would they win a title, probably not. Didn't hear too many people saying anything similar about Ferguson when Utd were winning almost everything for 2 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post

There’s only two clubs who really go on about it Vic .
    I’m sure it wouldn’t be difficult to guess which .
    European Royalty ? Yeah , the Prince Andrew of football .

Had a great day down by the river with Chelsea and City fans alike . As you said , beyond the expected few, there’s very little animosity between the clubs . That Full Members Cup Final still makes me smile . I think we’d both played the day before too ? We certainly played United on the Saturday and jumped straight on a coach to London . David Speedie still gives me nightmares .

Enjoy your win mate , through my “salty tears” I recognise that you were better than us and outthought Fraudiola .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I agree about the team selection last night, a huge mistake. No-one will be more disappointed in losing than Pep last night. He's only lost two finals out of 10 or 11. That aside, the players need to take responsibility. He can't do the playing for them. Had we shown half of what we showed against PSG in both legs it could have been a different outcome. De Bruyne had a rare poor game, getting caught regularly and passes not reaching team mates. City were short of ideas and they looked like the occasion got to them.

As for Pep's status as a manager, he's won 2 CL already. Ferguson won two Champions League in 26 years, so has Jose in nearly 20 years as a manager. Pep has managed in three different countries and had success everywhere. Yes, in some eyes he needs to win another CL but he is still one of the best managers there's been. As for the League Cup titles what's the point of entering if you're not going to set out to win. It's not in his DNA. People said his style of football would never work in the Premier League yet City have smashed almost every record in the book under Pep.

If he took over an average side he would make them better, no question. Would they win a title, probably not. Didn't hear too many people saying anything similar about Ferguson when Utd were winning almost everything for 2 decades.
    Pep has serious question marks for me, he’s managed Barca in a two team league with the best player of all time.

He’s managed Bayern In a one horse league and flopped in the CL.

He managed city who had already won the league and spent vast money then has spent another 800m whilst he’s there.

Not even comparable to the likes of SAF, Mourinho, Clough, Wenger, Klopp etc.

Pep has serious question marks for me, he’s managed Barca in a two team league with the best player of all time.

He’s managed Bayern In a one horse league and flopped in the CL.

He managed city who had already won the league and spent vast money then has spent another 800m whilst he’s there.

Not even comparable to the likes of SAF, Mourinho, Clough, Wenger, Klopp etc.
    Football knowledge in a couple of paragraphs .
    Sticking Klopp on the end of that list is beyond parody .
    Celebrating 4th .
    What happened to the Dynasty you built last season ?
    Unbelievable Jeff

Nope , sorry
    Was on the flight and caught up with the waffle spouted by you and your fellow clingers on .
    If that was a rant I posted, I’d suggest trying a life outside your bubble .
    The highlight of your season is to mock the Champions League runners up ? Brilliant .
    Oh look , and here’s Boring 747 to add absolutely nothing to the topic .
    I didn’t even mention your name yet you knew yourself you are the only city fan with such a degree of bitterness that even watching your own team play in a foreign country your obsession with Liverpool just overwhelms everything.

Klopp may as well get the decorators in we clearly live in your head and it’s frankly hilarious.

Please please keep posting

Pep is a brilliant manager no mistake. Let's not forget they weren't playing the Whitecliff Strollers U16s team they were playing Chelsea full of internationals. Anything can happen in a 1 off game.

Very rarely does the best team in Europe win the Champions League. The way to show who the best team in Europe really is would be to have some kind of, oh I don't know, league or something ;)

It's a bloody shame that the same few people bring down the level of every football related post on here. It gets to the point that they're not even worth reading.

Blog Entries
    . I’ll go out on a limb too and say people won’t be talking about Kante in 10 years time.
    He’s immortalised in a certain town in the East Midlands…. I’ll be chatting about the lovely little man in my rocking chair

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    What were the odds tonight? I thought city's name was already on the cup to be honest.
    Chelsea was at 4.8 I think.

Blog Entries
    One of the best, I agree with. But you said probably the best, which I disagree with.

Very effective at what he does, probably the best in the world in that role, but let’s not get carried away here. I’ll go out on a limb too and say people won’t be talking about Kante in 10 years time.
    Yeah, like Makelele.

I didn’t even mention your name yet you knew yourself you are the only city fan with such a degree of bitterness that even watching your own team play in a foreign country your obsession with Liverpool just overwhelms everything.

Klopp may as well get the decorators in we clearly live in your head and it’s frankly hilarious.

Please please keep posting
    Go back and read the order of posting Bob.
    Then tell me who was obsessing over whom ?
    Enjoy your parade . Just be careful with the fireworks those pesky Everton fans get hold of .

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It's a bloody shame that the same few people bring down the level of every football related post on here. It gets to the point that they're not even worth reading.
    Sorry mate
    I’m not going to let a couple of little merseysiders post unanswered barbs . Go back through any of my football posts and find cross words with a fan of any other club . I’m big enough to admit when the team or the manager has fallen short but I’m not going to let that shower pontificate .
    Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Mark020 View Post
    Chelsea was at 4.8 I think.
    I had £5 on Cavani scoring between 55 and 60 minutes on Weds which can in at 33-1 . I duly stuck this on Chelsea when I saw no Fernandinho or Rhodri at 18-5 .
    Little consolation but it’ll pay for half of my Season Card ( which will be up for sale when we lose our first game back )

Master
    Football knowledge in a couple of paragraphs .
    Sticking Klopp on the end of that list is beyond parody .
    Celebrating 4th .
    What happened to the Dynasty you built last season ?
    Unbelievable Jeff
    I threw Klopp on the end for a little fishing trip and looks like it worked !

As for Klopp though he came to Liverpool and won us the European cup and the league in the face of peps 800m spend.

Klopp also leads in h2h games through their managerial careers.

For me pep need to go somewhere like a Liverpool ( big under achieving side ) and make them great again.

Me or you could win the league with city now goat it’s basically football manager.

I threw Klopp on the end for a little fishing trip and looks like it worked !

As for Klopp though he came to Liverpool and won us the European cup and the league in the face of peps 800m spend.

Klopp also leads in h2h games through their managerial careers.

For me pep need to go somewhere like a Liverpool ( big under achieving side ) and make them great again.

Me or you could win the league with city now goat it’s basically football manager.
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer agrees with this post