closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 133 of 133

Thread: Champions League Final 2021

  1. #101
    Fair

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Go back and read the order of posting Bob.
    Then tell me who was obsessing over whom ?
    Enjoy your parade . Just be careful with the fireworks those pesky Everton fans get hold of .
    There was a happy football talk thread until the obsessed one at 2am mentioned his beloved team.

    Nobody mentioned your name, it was you who made the assumption but if the cap fits.......

    Regarding fireworks presumably that wasnít you throwing chairs at Portuguese police officers pre match then? Maybe the chief constable in Porto was in on the conspiracy too.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    I threw Klopp on the end for a little fishing trip and looks like it worked !

    As for Klopp though he came to Liverpool and won us the European cup and the league in the face of peps 800m spend.

    Klopp also leads in h2h games through their managerial careers.

    For me pep need to go somewhere like a Liverpool ( big under achieving side ) and make them great again.

    Me or you could win the league with city now goat itís basically football manager.
    You really do talk shite

  4. #104
    This place gets more and more like a playground and Twitter every day

  5. #105
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57299661

    Looks like the injury was a lot worse than first thought

  6. #106
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57299661

    Looks like the injury was a lot worse than first thought
    Not sure why Rudiger doesn't get more flak for this. So blatant. Almost as bad as Ramos pulling Salah's arm off!

    Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Not sure why Rudiger doesn't get more flak for this. So blatant. Almost as bad as Ramos pulling Salah's arm off!

    Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    True, it didnít seem ďthat badĒ at first a body check that happens all the time in the game especially as he also went down and first thought was they both got hurt. KDB looked absolutely shell shocked though after it wonder if it also had an effect on the team.

  8. #108
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,685
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    . KDB looked absolutely shell shocked though after it wonder if it also had an effect on the team.

    Yep because Man City were 3-0 up at that stage and cruising ;)


    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  9. #109
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,580
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    There was a happy football talk thread until the obsessed one at 2am mentioned his beloved team.

    Nobody mentioned your name, it was you who made the assumption but if the cap fits.......

    Regarding fireworks presumably that wasnít you throwing chairs at Portuguese police officers pre match then? Maybe the chief constable in Porto was in on the conspiracy too.
    A happy football talk that descended into Liverpool fans calling out City , right ?
    Of course Iím going to defend them .
    And you really want to open up about football fans misbehaving abroad ? Christ !

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    You really do talk shite
    Thing is there is a lot of people that say the same thing about pep. Too many for it to be shite. TBH they should of won it last night but the manager and team totally bottled it for the one thing they have been after for yeeears. Maybe if Liverpool didn't get hit with injuries this season they wouldn't have the prem either.

  11. #111
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Heís immortalised in a certain town in the East MidlandsÖ. Iíll be chatting about the lovely little man in my rocking chair
    I love him, I think heís great, but he wonít be chatted about outside East Midlands in a few years time. My comment was in reply to a claim he was the best player in the world.

  12. #112
    Guardiola has changed the game with his tactical knowledge and how he's developed the game .

    He's human, he's doesn't always get it right, it's what's great about football and sport in general. Mickelson just won a major at 50.

    We wouldn't have it any other way.

    61 out of last 62 games he's started Rodri or Fernandinho

    A bad call and hes not the first manager to underestimate Kante

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Heís immortalised in a certain town in the East MidlandsÖ. Iíll be chatting about the lovely little man in my rocking chair
    Rightly so. A fantastic player and apparently a very decent, humble man. We could do with many more like him.

  14. #114
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,272
    LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer agrees with this post

  15. #115
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    4,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Pep has serious question marks for me, heís managed Barca in a two team league with the best player of all time.

    Heís managed Bayern In a one horse league and flopped in the CL.

    He managed city who had already won the league and spent vast money then has spent another 800m whilst heís there.

    Not even comparable to the likes of SAF, Mourinho, Clough, Wenger, Klopp etc.
    Good God
    What bullshit
    Is that the 2 team league that Atletico Madrid just won
    Defensive managers like Mourinho or Tuchel he struggles against though.

  16. #116
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Nope , sorry
    Was on the flight and caught up with the waffle spouted by you and your fellow clingers on .
    If that was a rant I posted, Iíd suggest trying a life outside your bubble .
    The highlight of your season is to mock the Champions League runners up ? Brilliant .
    Oh look , and hereís Boring 747 to add absolutely nothing to the topic .
    thegoat, I appreciate that inside, you're very likely more than a bit slightly pi$$ed off after having made all that effort to get to Portugal and come away with Sweet FA given that you all thought it was going to be a piece of cake, a walkover - I mean it was only Chelsea but look on the bright side, you brought some sunshine back with you to the UK (but sadly, for Citeh and you as an ardent fan, no European Cup).
    Hard $h1te really...

  17. #117
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    england
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Good God
    What bullshit
    Is that the 2 team league that Atletico Madrid just won
    Defensive managers like Mourinho or Tuchel he struggles against though.
    Yes itís that two team league thatís seen the pair of them win 40 out of the last 50 years

  18. #118
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,580
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    thegoat, I appreciate that inside, you're very likely more than a bit slightly pi$$ed off after having made all that effort to get to Portugal and come away with Sweet FA given that you all thought it was going to be a piece of cake, a walkover - I mean it was only Chelsea but look on the bright side, you brought some sunshine back with you to the UK (but sadly, for Citeh and you as an ardent fan, no European Cup).
    Hard $h1te really...
    I did , youíre spot on as usual.
    All my posts were of my total confidence in Citeh smashing Chelsea easily , right ?
    Plus, Iím definitely upset at making the effort to get there as my previous posts show .
    Pissed off is getting beat by Lincoln on a rainy Wednesday in November leaving the team 12 th in the third tier.
    Getting beat by an excellent Chelsea on a balmy May night in Porto is a walk in the park.

    May the fireworks and celebrations of drawing at home to relegation fodder keep you warm going forward .

    YNWA right ?

  19. #119
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I did , youíre spot on as usual.
    All my posts were of my total confidence in Citeh smashing Chelsea easily , right ?
    Plus, Iím definitely upset at making the effort to get there as my previous posts show .
    Pissed off is getting beat by Lincoln on a rainy Wednesday in November leaving the team 12 th in the third tier.
    Getting beat by an excellent Chelsea on a balmy May night in Porto is a walk in the park.

    May the fireworks and celebrations of drawing at home to relegation fodder keep you warm going forward .

    YNWA right ?

    Absolutely.....


    How many European Cups Citeh won ??


    Oh yeah........................NONE !!

  20. #120
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,580
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Absolutely.....


    How many European Cups Citeh won ??


    Oh yeah........................NONE !!
    Brilliant riposte
    Although you missed off the ner ner ne ner ner and to tell me your dad is bigger than mine

  21. #121
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Matlock
    Posts
    683
    On a proper football fans perspective, in that I mean fans that have been through all the hard times and are enjoying the good times now etc.....

    ....IF I had known before I had booked and paid for everything, jumped through all of the required hoops to go to this match that my team would lose: would I have done it just the same? Absolutely I would.

    You cannot buy these experiences. I suspect that The Goat and the majority of old school City fans would probably agree(?)

    The fact that my team won makes it all the sweeter.

    The bit that disappoints is the media, the pundits, people here etc mostly say ďCity lost because Pep was tinkeringď. Sorry but Chelsea beat Man City, not City lose to Chelsea shocker. Very little credit for how Chelsea have beaten Cityís A, B & C Teams in the past six weeks.

    The pre match media build up was all about City and how many they might win by, hardly a balanced approach.....being the underdog suits us.

    Back to my point on proper fans perspective ďwin or lose, we are on the booze, following our teamĒ

    I have seen us lose FA Cup finals, semi finals, league cup finals at Wembley and had great days out with memories that no one can take away from me. They make the victorious ones all the more sweeter. The Full Members Cup Final was my first visit to Wembley to watch a football match. I didnít think that I would get another opportunity to go to another final......thanks for the memories Chelsea


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #122
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Brilliant riposte
    Although you missed off the ner ner ne ner ner and to tell me your dad is bigger than mine
    I only respond because your mouth is wide open, every time. Fish on a hook.
    I have little to no interest in football, I just like winding you up and you go for it, every time...

  23. #123
    I'm just glad it was a good game, many CL finals aren't . Pep got it wrong, the players couldn't figure it out on the pitch and with the quality you have in Mount , Havertz etc all it took was one pass.

    That Mount had plenty of time with, something he wouldn't have had with Rhodri on the pitch.

    Kante mom for me and Gundog had a poor game. Small margins

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  24. #124
    I remember the disappointment and frustration when we'd lost against Utd in the 2008 final and the absolute nightmare journey to and from a rain soaked Moscow (out via Hamburg and return via St Petersburg on standby tickets and Helsinki)
    Would we have done it again knowing the result? Of course we would, our first Champions League final was something no Chelsea fan had ever dared dream of and made eventually winning the thing so beautiful.
    When City get to their next CL final I'll be cheering you on (unless it's against us obviously) which isn't something I can say about many other clubs.


    By the way, some stat this for an underdog team going into a final that the "experts" say are going to get walloped.

    Chelsea conceded just FOUR goals in the whole of our 2020/21 Champions League campaign, a new UEFA record.
    Chelsea were only behind for a total of five minutes combined across the 13 matches.

    Have a great sunny bank holiday Monday everyone.

  25. #125
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,580
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I only respond because your mouth is wide open, every time. Fish on a hook.
    I have little to no interest in football, I just like winding you up and you go for it, every time...
    So a troll then
    Kudos

  26. #126
    The person who won the most aerial dules in the final was Kante

    He's 4ft tall.

    The last 3 finals won by German managers

    Not sure what you can do with this information

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  27. #127
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    So a troll then
    Kudos
    Not at all. An individual who's heart rate and general persona that doesn't get too fuffed up by 22 men chasing a ball around a field and doesn't feel the need to spout out endless amounts of garbage to that effect. That's all, Manc..

  28. #128
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    england
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    The person who won the most aerial dules in the final was Kante

    He's 4ft tall.

    The last 3 finals won by German managers

    Not sure what you can do with this information

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Are we saying German midgets are potentially the best footballers in the world ?

  29. #129
    I never watched it ,but Iíd of loved city to have won ,really like pep ,saying this has a Liverpool fan .
    But I just had a feeling Chelsea would do it ,especially with all the hype around city.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #130
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Matlock
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Not at all. An individual who's heart rate and general persona that doesn't get too fuffed up by 22 men chasing a ball around a field and doesn't feel the need to spout out endless amounts of garbage to that effect. That's all, Manc..
    Genuine question: if you are not bothered about football, why read the thread and get involved in it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #131
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Matlock
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Are we saying German midgets are potentially the best footballers in the world ?
    Gerd MŁller??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #132
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    4,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Yes itís that two team league thatís seen the pair of them win 40 out of the last 50 years
    Premiership was a 2 team league for it's first decade or so.
    Didn't make it a bad league or devalue Ferguson or Wenger's achievements.

  33. #133
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Genuine question: if you are not bothered about football, why read the thread and get involved in it?
    I didn't say I wasn't bothered, I'm a mild armchair "enthusiast". What people seem to forget is that win or lose, 999 out of 1000 of them will still be going to work on a Monday morning.
    Furthermore, it nauseates me to read some other people spouting lop sided $h1te opinions and the way I was brought up was to offer an alternative as and when it felt necessary.
    You're welcome...
    Last edited by reggie747; 31st May 2021 at 23:28.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information