closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Identify this 80's Casio Digital.

Identify this 80's Casio Digital.

I always thought my first watch was a Casio F91(like so many others of my generation I suspect). Mum brought up some old photos the other day and looking curiously at the pics with my old watch in view I noticed something, it clearly wasn't a f71/F91 at all.

Notice the two pushers on the right side of the case? Also Casio logo appears centred. So what is it? I've found pics of a DW-240 which looks about right, but as I'd like to hunt one down I thought worth asking if any of our resident Casio experts have any thoughts on other possibilities.

The fact I'm wearing it playing my Speccy+2a tells me I obviously had it before 1987 as I bought the +2a when they released and that was the year it came out.

Anyway here are the pics with it featured, hopefully a fun challenge for somebody to identify and then it can be added to my eBay saved search. I'm on a bit of a retro tip lately so would be cool to rebuy one(sadly my own watch is long gone now).

And the only watch I can find which checks the button, centralised logo and year.....

Any other possibilities?
    Last edited by Tetlee; 27th May 2021 at 10:09.

Blog Entries
    I haven't checked yet but you could possibly check old Argos catalogues by way of narrowing the search by year of back issue and when you think the photo was taken.

It probably won't identify the model number but rather give you a visual of the popular models and supplier you likely may of received it from. I'll suspect most people's relatively cheap digitals of the 80's and 90s were bought via Argos or Index .

https://issuu.com/retromash

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that site but I've thought for years I'd love to look back through old Argos/index catalogues. Thanks for the link!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that site but I've thought for years I'd love to look back through old Argos/index catalogues. Thanks for the link!
    Good luck identifying!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Master
    Had one very much like that myself in the late '80s.

Interestingly a very similar case shape is available in the current Casio range, if you fancied a sort of modern homage:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Class...dp/B00BFDF1QY/

Craftsman
    Pretty sure I had the same. Got mine in Dixon’s.