closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Rumours

Master
    Blog Entries

Rolex Rumours

Been away from the forum for a while but it’s my twins’ birthday coming up and it always fell around the same time as Basel World.
    Is that still a thing? I used to enjoy seeing all the rumours about which watch I can’t buy Rolex are going to release.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Watches and wonders is the next big event, April 13-14 I think

Craftsman
    Pretty sure the last Basel World was 2019, then was permanently parked after a couple of years of being paused due to Covid. For any new release news Id look to Watch & Wonders, but Ive become a bit jaded of year after year of new releases that Ill never get my hands on

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    Pretty sure the last Basel World was 2019, then was permanently parked after a couple of years of being paused due to Covid. For any new release news Id look to Watch & Wonders, but Ive become a bit jaded of year after year of new releases that Ill never get my hands on

I get the feeling that many people, myself included, are so brassed off with Rolex not being available that they have lost all interest in what they may produce next.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    White Dial Explorer 1

Titanium Submariner (Which will kill Steel Sub prices)

A black red GMT (maybe next year for 70th)

Various boring tweaks to watches that youd never consider in the range anyway
    RIAC

I'm always interested to see what Watches & Wonders reveals. Obviously some watches are difficult to purchase. But having just picked up the 1908 that was released last year, it is occasionally possible. My interest in watches has always extended beyond that which I can afford or are available to purchase. So, bring it on!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    White Dial Explorer 1

Interested to know your viewpoint about why a titanium sub would kill stainless sub prices?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Interested to know your viewpoint about why a titanium sub would kill stainless sub prices?
    Seems unlikely to me. With the exception of the 1st 39mm explorer (which was a bit of a dog) I can't recall a new release having this effect on a previous edition.

Grand Master

Rolex Rumours

New kid on the block, lighter, brushed. Will be the one to have and divides the sub family choices up this watering down already falling values
    RIAC

New kid on the block, lighter, brushed.
    Sounds not dissimilar to the Tudor Pelagos 39......

Master
    New kid on the block, lighter, brushed. Will be the one to have and divides the sub family choices up this watering down already falling values
    I can see the SC listings now last of the SS subs, highly desirable ;)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    I can see the SC listings now last of the SS subs, highly desirable ;)
    No i think it will be an addition to the range but until the new factory is live and ramps up itll be harder to get.

Once that new factory lands the 'legacy' of unavailability will reduce significantly.
    RIAC

Journeyman
    You won't be able to get one so its all irrelevant imo, how many titanium yacht masters have you seen......

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by omegasteve View Post
    You won't be able to get one so its all irrelevant imo, how many titanium yacht masters have you seen......
    As above. New factory, new era for Rolex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

I predict a Rolex x seconde seconde collaboration, a modern Red Submariner with the minute hand replaced by a cartoon penis.

At 12 o clock on the dial will be a depiction of bum cheeks being spread wide so on the hour, every hour, you get a reminder of what you had to go through with the AD to obtain the watch.

Master
    More likely to be a titanium DSSD or maybe Exp II I think.

Black/grey GMT, BLRO precious metal only, LNRO possibly.

A few different dial colours people will lose their mind over and give crap nicknames to.

Craftsman
    Im really bored of Rolex and their antics. Its been liberating getting free from their 904L steel shackles. I wear and cover watches from other brands again now (having been sucked into the Rolex hype for the last few years). Turns out non Rolex watches are just delightful, can be bought at a whim and sometimes for a discount. I therefore couldnt care less what they release. Maybe they will pleasantly surprise me againprobably they wont.

Craftsman
    *covet

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    I get the feeling that many people, myself included, are so brassed off with Rolex not being available that they have lost all interest in what they may produce next.

I'm with you on that. Couldn't care less anymore. I think I may focus on Panerai next. Their boutiques seem much more friendly and approachable from experience.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    Im really bored of Rolex and their antics. Its been liberating getting free from their 904L steel shackles. I wear and cover watches from other brands again now (having been sucked into the Rolex hype for the last few years). Turns out non Rolex watches are just delightful, can be bought at a whim and sometimes for a discount. I therefore couldnt care less what they release. Maybe they will pleasantly surprise me againprobably they wont.

Eloquently put indeed. Love the image of "904L steel shackles". I've owned 3 Rolexes, I sold my James Cameron that I wasn't wearing, I turned it into a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms & a Panerai Luminor PAM111. I get more pleasure from them than I ever did from the Cameron & the associated antics of the Crown. I still own a Sub 124060 but it carries much less weight in my collection these days, beautiful as it may be.

Blog Entries
    I respect a lot of your opinions but this one seems unrealistic.

Submariner of any iteration are unlikely to be in the window for a while. Whilst there isn’t the same appetite from grey dealers to offer overs on them, there are still people out there who can’t get on the list (currently….) and would pay a small amount of overs to get their hands on one. The price increases will make that happen.

Whilst the”pick it up and sell to Watchfinder for 2k profit” flippers have gone, there are still people on here”getting the call” and buying watches. I can see a lot of pragmatic buyers on here (and have experienced silly offers….) who don’t want to pay for a used watch when they think they’ll soon get a call for a new one at a similar price, and I understand that.

Anyway, If it follows the Yachtmaster it will be 2k more expensive than the stainless, will be made in much smaller numbers and of course will be unavailable (I don’t remember a single person on the forum picking one up yet and my AD in Manchester has said that they have had ONE WATCH since its launch for a well known premiership footballer who has a huge annual spend) coupled to the fact that the price increases coming thick and fast.

My AD in Manchester has told me on several occasions that the days of every call to the first person on the list, and them saying “YES” immediately, are gone and with some watches, it can be the 8th, 9th, 12th, 20th person that says yes but that's Yachtmasters, Explorer2, Airking, Datejust, blue OP etc, hot stuff like Subs, GMT, skydweller et al are first or second call “Yes”’s

I bought a sub (ND) in Nov 21 from my AD it was 6450 iirc. and it’s now over 8k, in just over 2 years. I don’t expect I could sell it for more/much more than current list if I decided to (certainly WF for example wouldn’t be giving me 9750 like they did for my 114060 in late 2022….) but I can’t see a titanium unobtainable version will cripple the value as they still aren’t obtainable and people still want to buy them.

Still, it’s only an opinion.
    Last edited by RJM25R; 13th March 2024 at 10:39.

Rolex Rumours

Brushed Titanium matt dial Submariner (not Submariner Date) will be the perfect watch. Only if they could find a fix to that movement though.
    Last edited by Toshk; 13th March 2024 at 11:09.

The hype is always quite good but reality strikes and they'll release:

Something with barely any change from the current line up
    Something mildly cool but completely unobtainable
    Something with lots of colourful gems, that nobody in the real worlds wants.

The year they released the upside-down GMT was an all-time low for the brand.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    More likely to be a titanium DSSD or maybe Exp II I think.

Black/grey GMT, BLRO precious metal only, LNRO possibly.

A few different dial colours people will lose their mind over and give crap nicknames to.
    A titanium DSSD would help that model but slimming it would too
    RIAC

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post

If yoj couldnt care less was it worth 77 words telling us!
    RIAC

Grand Master
    I respect a lot of your opinions but this one seems unrealistic.

Submariner of any iteration are unlikely to be in the window for a while. Whilst there isn’t the same appetite from grey dealers to offer overs on them, there are still people out there who can’t get on the list (currently….) and would pay a small amount of overs to get their hands on one. The price increases will make that happen.

Whilst the”pick it up and sell to Watchfinder for 2k profit” flippers have gone, there are still people on here”getting the call” and buying watches. I can see a lot of pragmatic buyers on here (and have experienced silly offers….) who don’t want to pay for a used watch when they think they’ll soon get a call for a new one at a similar price, and I understand that.

Anyway, If it follows the Yachtmaster it will be 2k more expensive than the stainless, will be made in much smaller numbers and of course will be unavailable (I don’t remember a single person on the forum picking one up yet and my AD in Manchester has said that they have had ONE WATCH since its launch for a well known premiership footballer who has a huge annual spend) coupled to the fact that the price increases coming thick and fast.

My AD in Manchester has told me on several occasions that the days of every call to the first person on the list, and them saying “YES” immediately, are gone and with some watches, it can be the 8th, 9th, 12th, 20th person that says yes but that's Yachtmasters, Explorer2, Airking, Datejust, blue OP etc, hot stuff like Subs, GMT, skydweller et al are first or second call “Yes”’s

I bought a sub (ND) in Nov 21 from my AD it was 6450 iirc. and it’s now over 8k, in just over 2 years. I don’t expect I could sell it for more/much more than current list if I decided to (certainly WF for example wouldn’t be giving me 9750 like they did for my 114060 in late 2022….) but I can’t see a titanium unobtainable version will cripple the value as they still aren’t obtainable and people still want to buy them.

Still, it’s only an opinion.
    Noted and respected

RIAC

An interesting and unsurprising piece in the Daily Wail a couple of days ago for a different take on Rolex indifference (see what I did there?)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ma...rocket-60.html

Coke GMT will come at some point. If they kill the Pepsi I would swap my expression of interest over to it.

Other than that, Im disinterested.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    An interesting and unsurprising piece in the Daily Wail a couple of days ago for a different take on Rolex indifference (see what I did there?)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ma...rocket-60.html
    Im not suggesting its a London-only issue however the last line of the report All things considered, sales of luxury watches have held up pretty well, down just 1 per cent in the 13 weeks to January 28, compared with the same period last year. While jewellery sales were down 18 per cent. would suggest its not really having much of an impact. A mere 1% drop, in recession, would have most businesses jumping for joy.

I wouldnt wear an OTT watch in London personally, I wouldnt know the no-go areas to be fair being a northern lad but at the same time, I wouldnt wear anything flash in the less salubrious areas of Manchester like Moss side, Ordsall or Cheetham Hill because I know the areas have a criminal underbelly.

They'll just turn that green/black destro GMT back around and have the even more exclusive Rolex GMT Master II Sinistro.

Im not suggesting its a London-only issue however the last line of the report All things considered, sales of luxury watches have held up pretty well, down just 1 per cent in the 13 weeks to January 28, compared with the same period last year. While jewellery sales were down 18 per cent. would suggest its not really having much of an impact. A mere 1% drop, in recession, would have most businesses jumping for joy.

I wouldnt wear an OTT watch in London personally, I wouldnt know the no-go areas to be fair being a northern lad but at the same time, I wouldnt wear anything flash in the less salubrious areas of Manchester like Moss side, Ordsall or Cheetham Hill because I know the areas have a criminal underbelly.
    Exactly. I have told countless people over the years that we members of the public hear and read about these robberies when they happen because it's the press enjoying passing on bad news. Every day there are millions of people around the country wearing OTT watches who DON'T get robbed. It's just the perception.

What I did see last year was a fall away of the number of people enquiring about Rolex watches and I think that is more symptomatic of both the state of the economy and of the frustration of trying to get onto waiting lists without spending a fortune on things you don't want.

Anyway not involved with Rolex any more so no longer something to keep me awake at night.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    They'll just turn that green/black destro GMT back around and have the even more exclusive Rolex GMT Master II Sinistro.
    They need to, its a howler
    RIAC

Master
    They need to, its a howler
    Indeed, the colour I like a great deal, but for me it looks like some knockoff where it was assembled without any attention being paid & slipped through the net.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sad enough to be all over the Rolex website on release day. It's the highlight of the watch geek calander afaic. This year there's a very good chance the coke will finally arrive with the discontinuation of the Pepsi. I'm sure I read that red on black is easier to manufacture.

... Titanium Submariner (Which will kill Steel Sub prices) ...
    I think for the wealthy WISards within these hallowed cloisters there will be a grain of truth to this prediction. In the wider world, where the mere possession of shiny-anything-with-coronet is ALL, not so much. It'll probably come with a usurious price premium in any case, never mind the inevitable total unobtainability...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I predict a Rolex x seconde seconde collaboration, a modern Red Submariner with the minute hand replaced by a cartoon penis.

At 12 o clock on the dial will be a depiction of bum cheeks being spread wide so on the hour, every hour, you get a reminder of what you had to go through with the AD to obtain the watch.
    Chortle!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    My interest in watches has always extended beyond that which I can afford or are available to purchase. So, bring it on!
    Exactly - I enjoyed last years Oyster Perpetual celebration bubble dials and the playful / totally insane jigsaw and emoji gold day dates, without needing to own one. I guess I wouldnt have minded trying the celebration dial OP36 if it was actually available in store, but soon realised the simple blue dial was a near perfect one watch and perhaps a more sensible choice. Then remembered I already have a blue dial OQ Datejust and didnt need any of them. A fun daydream while it lasted though, particularly trying to picture the party where the gold emoji day-date would make perfect sense!

Bound to be something new for the GMT range which has it's 70th Anniversary this year as the original 6542 came out in 1954. The GMT "Coke" has been rumoured pretty much every year since the change to a Ceramic bezel in 2007 so, maybe, this 70th year will see it finally come out...

Journeyman
    Coke would be a nice addition

Master
    More Titanium please.

Quote Originally Posted by uwtc View Post
    Seems unlikely to me. With the exception of the 1st 39mm explorer (which was a bit of a dog) I can't recall a new release having this effect on a previous edition.
    I take exception, I like dogs....

David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I take exception, I like dogs....

You're a skilled photographer...

Solid gold Explorer and it's going to be great

Be very very hard to get titanium Sub. Like the Yachty in titanium my local AD never seen one
    Sent from my SM-A245F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Bound to be something new for the GMT range which has it's 70th Anniversary this year as the original 6542 came out in 1954. The GMT "Coke" has been rumoured pretty much every year since the change to a Ceramic bezel in 2007 so, maybe, this 70th year will see it finally come out...
    I believe Rolex recently amended that to 1955.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post

Well, there is at least two of us in that category. You cant buy them, and even *if* you can, you cant wear them so whats the point? Ive recently got into a bit of a GS groove beautifully crafted, excellent used market prices, gathers nods from those in the know, and do not readily invite mugging.

Oooo one thing 'my' AD said recently is that he wouldn't be surprised if Rolex discontinued the OP41 line in its entirely (and relaunch at some point in future). He said the OP is meant to be the lower entry point for the brand but the reality is that they are almost as difficult to get hold of as many sports models and this isn't going down well with the non WIS man on the street.

White Dial Explorer 1

Neither of those, IMO. Can't ever see a Ti Sub materialising, either.

Rose gold 34mm white dial Explorer

A white gold explorer could be an exit watch for many including me.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I believe Rolex recently amended that to 1955.

Correct. Googling wikipedia isnt a valid reference. 70th for the GMT is next year
    RIAC