closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swatch parts account - help?

Craftsman

Swatch parts account - help?

Hi

I am looking for some parts to build an Omega SM300.
    From what I've read Swatch clamped down on the watchco builds being sold as complete units but still sell the parts if needed for a service.

Does anyone on here have access to a parts account with Swatch so I can order the bits I need?

Many thanks

Craftsman
    Bump - can anyone help?

Looking for a reasonably priced SM300 ref.166.024 Dial part number 064PP0827001

Grand Master
    My advice is to forget it.

The guys who have parts accounts have to meet strict standards regarding facilities and qualifications, they have to make a very significant investment in tools and equipment too. Furthermore, they have to agree to NOT supply parts to third parties and if they get caught doing so they lose accreditation and their business model is bust. I made enquiries along these lines a few years ago when Swatch Group stopped supplying wholesalers (2015) and I got nowhere, on reflection I’m not surprised, why would someone risk their business to do me a favour?

If you do find a supplier the prices will be eye- watering. You also need a movement and that’ll cost a few £100s to source and get rebuilt properly.

I built two of these watches in 2015, having bought the parts when they were still available freely and using movements sourced from gold- plated watches bought cheaply then rebuilt using lots of new parts, it was feasible in those days but nowadays it isn’t.

Sorry to sound like I’m pissing on your fireworks, but you have to be realistic.