closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RIP Max Mosley

RIP Max Mosley

Former FIA Chairman Max Mosley has passed away at the age of 81.

A link to his achievements: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Mosley

It should be noted that there is a rather ambiguous notice at the top of the Wikipedia biography.

Suffice to say, he inherited the Chair of the FIA when it was in something of a disarray, the previous incumbent, Jean-Marie Balestre could be most kindly described as "eccentric". One of Mosley's greatest achievements was the introduction of the Euro NCAP safety accreditation for new cars, which did much to force the introduction and development of safety features in new cars.

Mosley always felt that he made a mistake in selling the commercial rights of Formula 1 to his long-time friend Bernie Ecclestone, but the genie was released from the bottle.

A man who should be remembered and celebrated for his many achievements.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Former FIA Chairman Max Mosley has passed away at the age of 81.

A link to his achievements: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Mosley

It should be noted that there is a rather ambiguous notice at the top of the Wikipedia biography.

Suffice to say, he inherited the Chair of the FIA when it was in something of a disarray, the previous incumbent, Jean-Marie Balestre could be most kindly described as "eccentric". One of Mosley's greatest achievements was the introduction of the Euro NCAP safety accreditation for new cars, which did much to force the introduction and development of safety features in new cars.

Mosley always felt that he made a mistake in selling the commercial rights of Formula 1 to his long-time friend Bernie Ecclestone, but the genie was released from the bottle.

That was a very carefully worded post. You know he's dead now?
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post

The orgy with 5 hookers must be one of them. I doubt I'd have the energy for 5 at that age.

Top shagger. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    That was a very carefully worded post. You know he's dead now?
    His lawyers live on...
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Mosley was not nice but he was determined and clever. He was a man you would want on your side.

I admired him for the way he handled himself after the hooker thing and he certainly warned the press off doing it to others.

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    The orgy with 5 hookers must be one of them. I doubt I'd have the energy for 5 at that age.

Top shagger. RIP.
    Thank goodness you managed to resist the urge to suggest a whip-round in his memory...

Let's not forget the man's politics, including the infamous leaflet that he published in 1961

I, for one, won't mourn his passing.

Well, his upbringing probably didn't help.

He was the son of the Daily Mail's favourite for PM...

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

Top shagger. RIP.
    In a dungeon with all that leather too what a trooper, he did an awful lot for f1 though and fair play to him, the sport was better for having him around
    RIP Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Let's not forget the man's politics, including the infamous leaflet that he published in 1961

I, for one, won't mourn his passing.
    That’s not very appropriate, you have to remember back then the world was like this in a lot of the ‘alleged’ civilised west, many many people we revere were part of a systemic racist establishment so to single out one man when he passed is a bit unfair

A man who defied his detractors in the most public of arenas, both personal and in business - a rare quality.

RIP.

The leaflet already shown, the taking part in racist rally's and associated violence, and the whipping of prostitutes wearing striped pyjamas whilst counting out the lashes in German (which, of course, is not legally in any way Nazi related). Surely there is enough there, no matter what else he has done, to state that he was scum and in no way deserving of an RIP post. Would Hitler have got one for building a good motorway network?

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    The leaflet already shown, the taking part in racist rally's and associated violence, and the whipping of prostitutes wearing striped pyjamas whilst counting out the lashes in German (which, of course, is not legally in any way Nazi related). Surely there is enough there, no matter what else he has done, to state that he was scum and in no way deserving of an RIP post. Would Hitler have got one for building a good motorway network?
    You and others need to respect that this is the G&D.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    You and others need to respect that this is the G&D.

This topic can’t survive the G&D restrictions given the nature of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    This topic can’t survive the G&D restrictions given the nature of the man.
    Partly my point.

There is a higher level discussion but again, not for the G&D.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

+1

Master
    By that same quarter most think Churchill is a hero, well he was, but also a massive racist.. are we going to say Churchill is not deserving of any praise for the good he did.. no

Oh and Hitler built awesome motorways .. but every genius has his weakness… a genocidal maniac, trying to dominate the world and exterminate the Jews and anyone else he didn’t like is a pretty big detractor .. I’ll give you that one