closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Spb213 - Yes or No?

Seiko Spb213 - Yes or No?

I really like the Seiko SPB dive range. Great size for me, I really like the look and it seems to be a solidly build watch. Recently I discovered the new Anniversary edition SPB213. Initially the press photos did nothing for me but yesterday I saw a review on YouTube and it looks much nicer than the photos suggest.

Completely subjective but would you go for this one or one of the others i.e SPB147 or 143?

Last edited by Mr Tetley; 24th May 2021 at 14:05.

I love the white one!

Craftsman
    I have the 149 and love it. Interesting is the first batch don’t have a lume marker at 3pm. New iso spec says you have to have it so newer spbs have the lume at 3

It looks very nice but screams summer watch or holiday watch to me - but I am pretty dull when it comes to watches, mainly black dials with the odd bit of blue thrown in. If you are a bit more adventurous then I’d say go for it.

Ive always been interested in dabbling with a white dial, altho ideally it would be a polar explorer for about £1k max - so would say my chances are slim

Journeyman
    Went to see both the spb213 and spb147. The 213 is very nice and a limited edition. However, I walked out with the 147 because the brown and gold combo was class and the rubber strap was very comfortable.

Pete aka ObiWan

anything but the white dial for me , for better contrast giving easier 'at a glance' legibility.
    brown and grey both look ok but must admit no seen first hand.

Master
    I think I’d be more inclined to save a bit of money and buy the cheaper SRPG47, it gives you a very similar look at a fraction of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by ObiWan View Post
    Went to see both the spb213 and spb147. The 213 is very nice and a limited edition. However, I walked out with the 147 because the brown and gold combo was class and the rubber strap was very comfortable.

Pete aka ObiWan
    I was set on the 147 until I saw this one being reviewed. Would love to see them both side by side ‘in the metal’ but don’t think many ADs will have both in stock here in N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    I think I’d be more inclined to save a bit of money and buy the cheaper SRPG47, it gives you a very similar look at a fraction of the price.

Similar look indeed and nothing at all wrong with the Seiko 5 but I do prefer the SPB range.

Master
    Haven't seen the white one before. Really looks the business. Has class.

It’s a matter of personal taste of course, I actually tried the 147 today, it’s much nicer than I expected but I’m still not keen on the gilt finishing. The 213 strikes me as a watch I would really enjoy wearing a few days a year but not one I would wear very often.

The 143 is still the pick of the bunch for me.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Picked this up today! It’s lovely! Bezel really shines in the like! But looks black a lot of the time!
    Just shame it didn’t come with seiko rubber, so going to try and get one as prefer rubber strap!

But lovely watch! Dial is lovely too! Can get better pics if people want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post

Picked this up today! It’s lovely! Bezel really shines in the like! But looks black a lot of the time!
    Just shame it didn’t come with seiko rubber, so going to try and get one as prefer rubber strap!

But lovely watch! Dial is lovely too! Can get better pics if people want

Very nice! What’s your wrist size if you don’t mind me asking. I can get away with a 42mm diver but most Seiko's I’ve tried are too big for me. I like the fact this one is slightly smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Very nice! What’s your wrist size if you don’t mind me asking. I can get away with a 42mm diver but most Seiko's I’ve tried are too big for me. I like the fact this one is slightly smaller.
    I found these models wore pretty small when I had the grey one briefly - definitely seemed to wear smaller than my skx. If you can get away with 42mm this won’t be a problem - altho the white face might make seem a tad bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    I found these models wore pretty small when I had the grey one briefly - definitely seemed to wear smaller than my skx. If you can get away with 42mm this won’t be a problem - altho the white face might make seem a tad bigger?
    Thanks for that and what I was hoping to hear. I’m used to wearing smaller watches but think I could easily get used to this Seiko.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I’m just over 7” but yeah it wear smaller than it say, they are thin as well which helps as lighter than lots of got her seiko divers

I really like the SPB line, tried the 147 on in an AD, they wear really well. The new white one looks great, although personally I’d prefer a black bezel.

They are releasing another later this year which really appeals to me, SPB239