Craftsman

Tudor Reverse Panda

Goldsmiths Trafford Centre have a Tudor Reverse Panda
    In the window for anyone interested.
    Lovely watch but personally want on the bracelet

Craftsman
    Photo ….sorry not a great one

Ah yes, the Adnap.

You dodged a bullet there with all the wonky additional hour markers and that massive strap gap.

Same story with the GMTs and 58s when they were new, available on straps but not on bracelets. Funny how they can't make as many bracelets as watches.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

What’s the story with these at the moment?

The reverse panda on bracelet is top of my list for 20th anniversary present.

Is there any chance of a discount and what is the availability like?

Cheers, Shaun

Master
    Pretty much doubt you would get a discount when many are being touted for 5 grand plus. There is one dealer asking £6.5k on e-bay.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    What’s the story with these at the moment?

The reverse panda on bracelet is top of my list for 20th anniversary present.

Is there any chance of a discount and what is the availability like?

Cheers, Shaun
    My busy local Tudor AD told me they had 55 names down for the Panda and half that for the reverse.

I have a good relationship with them and trust what they say. They are quoting 18 months for the white.

I'll forget it then, plenty more options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    My busy local Tudor AD told me they had 55 names down for the Panda and half that for the reverse.

I have a good relationship with them and trust what they say. They are quoting 18 months for the white.

Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    I'll forget it then, plenty more options out there.
    I should mention that is on the bracelet, the leather strap models are more freely available so far.

I visited my mum in Shrewsbury and missed out on a previous black face BB chronic for a good price.

I went in to try a Tag Monaco as that was top of the list but wasn’t keen on the thickness. It’s most probably not that much thicker than many other but the slab side makes it look much thicker.

I tried on the BB and liked it. We had other things to sort out and by the time I’d decided to buy it , it had gone.

So I put my name down for a reverse panda as they didn’t require any deposit so nothing lost.

A Speedmaster is now top of the list as it’s something I’ve always admired and should be a lot easier to get hold of! I’m not sure if I’ll like the panda dial as much.

Cheers, Shaun

Master
    Had a call for one of these black dial reverse panda , going to have a look tomorrow at the AD but not sure if I’m going to buy. Hmmmm

Craftsman
    everything about that reverse panda tudor is perfect to me, except for the faux rivet bracelet! why did they do that

The black there would be my pick of the two but depends how bloated it is in real life. Could go the same way as the BB GMT.

Tudor is similar to Patek Philippe in a way. You never actually own a Tudor. You merely look after it for the next owner on SC.

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Had a call for one of these black dial reverse panda , going to have a look tomorrow at the AD but not sure if I’m going to buy. Hmmmm

It’s quite big Alec:/ lovely watch but I didn’t like it that much :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    You dodged a bullet there with all the wonky additional hour markers and that massive strap gap.
    I found the strap gap hard to live with, so switched to a curved ends rubber strap which is much better.

Cheers
    Rory

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    It’s quite big Alec:/ lovely watch but I didn’t like it that much :P

Yes no Daytona in terms of slimness or curves, but of course great value. Will decide later..

Craftsman
    I absolutely love my reverse panda. I had no intention of buying one until I saw it in the Shop window a few days ago and tried it on. I haven't taken it off since. I am use to wearing my Pelagos so have no issues with the thickness. Compared to other automatic chronographs it's actually quite slim I believe.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post
    everything about that reverse panda tudor is perfect to me, except for the faux rivet bracelet! why did they do that
    Kills most of the BBs for me. Just wish the strap versions didn’t have such a big gap between the watch head and strap

Rather buy an original big block

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    Rather buy an original big block
    These are still a relative bargain in my book. Getting trickier to find a nice one as a full set though

Quote Originally Posted by Aimforthebushes View Post
    These are still a relative bargain in my book. Getting trickier to find a nice one as a full set though
    I remember not going for one when they were £3500-4000. Chrono24 suggests £6500 for a an almost 30 yr old loose watch. As much as I like them, I’m not sure I see the value in that.

Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I remember not going for one when they were £3500-4000. Chrono24 suggests £6500 for a an almost 30 yr old loose watch. As much as I like them, I’m not sure I see the value in that.

Dave

I sold this one for c£2k - was a beauty. https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ighlight=Tudor

Craftsman
    Popped into TC , this week to see how I am progressing “up the list”
    This since I started this thread. Apparently they estimate a 18 month wait for these but pleased to be informed that I am indeed “the next” - for reverse panda on bracelet.

Conversely not sure if I will ever rise to the top of “the list” for a Oyster Perpetual 36mm with pink dial for my significant other.

Craftsman
    Got offered the black dial on bracelet at the weekend but turned it down as my preference was the white dial.
    So they are slowly becoming available. Originally was told I should have it by Christmas.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk