closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB58 925

Tudor BB58 925

I have been eyeing the BB58 for a while in blue, the watch not me. I am even more inclined to buy now that they are available in silver, but I live a plane trip away from my nearest branch of Ernest Jones, so there are two questions. Are watch shops as a whole allowed to sell new Tudors by mail order or would I have to visit? Has anyone managed to use the 10% discount code, that EJ offer for your email address, against a Tudor.

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    I have been eyeing the BB58 for a while in blue, the watch not me. I am even more inclined to buy now that they are available in silver, but I live a plane trip away from my nearest branch of Ernest Jones, so there are two questions. Are watch shops as a whole allowed to sell new Tudors by mail order or would I have to visit? Has anyone managed to use the 10% discount code, that EJ offer for your email address, against a Tudor.
    Yes to 1st question and no to 2nd the 10% off doesn't work against Omega, Tudor etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks Ryan.

Was that yes to will have to visit?

I assumed that expecting the discout to work would be a little cheeky.

Thanks

Master
    You can get the Tudor online and shipped.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Excellent. Thanks.

Craftsman
    I think there is a waitlist on the BB58 925 though, so dont expect it too soon

Thanks. I can wait for the intial excitement to pass.

There's a YouTuber who claims his has tarnished after a month:
    https://youtu.be/vRL6waR9RW0

The tarnishing is a brownish yellow.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    If it’s on the website then try using Quidco as it offers cashback on the online store
    It’s cured you 10%
    Worth a go

If you’re not a member - here’s my referral code

https://app.quidco.com/raf/JD8H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tarnishing is disappointing, but then of course I could be strange as I would happily wear a BB bronze and let that tarnish, but the BB58 925 I would have to polish the tarnish out.

Is it me or does there always seem to be a problem with new Tudor watches?

I have Quidco, but thanks for the suggestion SH. I have signed up for the EJ newsletter/discount, so I assume that they would consider me to be an existing customer and would decline Quidco on those grounds. To be honest I didn't think that I would get any discount knowing how popular Tudor are.

It's supposed to be a tarnish resistant silver alloy, perhaps with some germanium in it. I've no idea whether the YouTuber's experience will prove typical, but I wasn't keen on the colour of the tarnishing so I'd keep an eye on this issue.

Another mystery is why they've gone with a brushed finish, it'd be easier to maintain with a silver cloth if it was brightly polished.

As it is, it doesn't appear to lend itself to DIY refinishing, particularly as if in the course of trying to remove tarnishing, you get shiny patches; then the course finish on the cases sides would likely need a polishing wheel and although the lug gap looks to have a simpler finish that could be done by hand, you'd have to have the tools to remove the bezel each time, as it overhangs the case slightly.

Also if vintage Omegas are anything to go by, silver is softer and after a few decades of use, they look distinctly less crisp when compared with steel counterparts.
    Last edited by AKM; 26th May 2021 at 19:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    If it’s on the website then try using Quidco as it offers cashback on the online store
    It’s cured you 10%
    Worth a go

If you’re not a member - here’s my referral code

https://app.quidco.com/raf/JD8H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am not sure Quidco works on Tudor or Omega from EJ

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I am not sure Quidco works on Tudor or Omega from EJ
    Doesn't it say "collect in store" anyway for Tudor, so presume online wouldn't apply?