closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RN Diver dial swap

Craftsman

RN Diver dial swap

I’ve had my RN diver a few years now. It was bought for me by my wife from this very forum (thanks John Wall) after I posted a wtb. It’s my daily wearer and has seen it’s fair share of action with some battle scars to show for it. The only thing that caused me a problem is that it had no date. A lovely looking symmetrical dial, yes, but the date function for me is something that helps me keep track of things. I work irregular hours and also seem to have absolutely no brain capacity to remember a date for more than 3 seconds.
    A bit of light googling revealed that the movement in the RN diver is the same as that in the SBS and I could actually hear the day date function when I wound it past midnight. A quick email to CWC and they confirmed they could change the dial to the SBS so that the day date function is revealed. I got it back yesterday and am really pleased with the result. I know that this dial may not be as visually appealing as the no date version but this is genuinely a ‘tool’ watch for me and it has vastly improved its usefulness to me!
    A before and after pic to complete the post :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bobbyf; 25th May 2021 at 17:11.

Your watch and your call. Not for me, the ND is the best configuration, but I get why you did it.

I am sure Swiss Tony once said a A CWC diver is like a fine woman, they always looks better with a bit of wear on them, but make sure you get a face you like to look at.. ok maybe he didn’t but the idea still rings true. Why not get a watch you love modified so it suits your needs. You have the perfect watch
    Enjoy.

Craftsman
    Looks good! I didn't realise that CWC would do such a swap. I assume you sent it to Silvermans? Do you know if they do the work (in house) or do they send it to the actual manufacturer of the watches?

Master
    Looks good to me! Its never going to be a million quid watch is it so I see it as no big deal that you have changed the dial.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I am sure Swiss Tony once said a A CWC diver is like a fine woman, they always looks better with a bit of wear on them, but make sure you get a face you like to look at.. ok maybe he didn’t but the idea still rings true. Why not get a watch you love modified so it suits your needs. You have the perfect watch
    Enjoy.

that is very well put.

I like the fact he wears the watch and has modified it for his needs.

like I say on my motorbike the function comes first over looks.

what job do you have that needs constant reminding of the date though?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Looks good! I didn't realise that CWC would do such a swap. I assume you sent it to Silvermans? Do you know if they do the work (in house) or do they send it to the actual manufacturer of the watches?
    Thanks. I wasn’t sure if they would or not but didn’t think there was harm in asking as I couldn’t see why the SBS dial wouldn’t fit straight in. I sent it to CWC (Silvermans) and they sent it on to the service team who I suspect could be Swisstec although I may be wrong. The slight fly in the ointment is that I asked for the original dial to be returned should I wish to change it back in the future but I didn’t receive it back with the watch. I’ve sent an email asking if they could find it but I don’t hold out much hope of them finding it.

I think what you have done is fine with one of their normal releases. I wouldn't advise doing it with an older issued watch, that would destroy the value and the originality of the watch.

Good luck getting the other dial back.

Craftsman
    Enjoy.
    Thanks and well said. It’s the perfect watch for me now. I loved the look of the no date dial but having a date has increased functionality massively for me. It’s not as if it is a rare issued watch that I needed to keep in original condition. And it will never be sold either. I chose the Matt RN diver over the SBS as it looks slightly less military/tactical.

Craftsman
    Enjoy.
    😂
    👍

...and I’m just happy to have helped in the first place.
    Enjoy your watch Bobby

Craftsman
    Thanks John, I certainly am

Craftsman

RN Diver dial swap

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Good luck getting the other dial back.
    These were my thoughts entirely however to update the thread, after one email they sent me a brand new ND dial with a note apologising for not returning the original. In the circumstances I’m more than happy.
    Last edited by Bobbyf; 29th May 2021 at 11:51.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    These were my thoughts entirely however to update the thread, after one email they sent me a brand new ND dial with a note apologising for not returning the original. In the circumstances I’m more than happy.
    Their customer service is spot on.

Craftsman
    PS - could I ask what sort of money a dial swap was? (By pm if you wish)