closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RN Diver dial swap

Threaded View

Craftsman

RN Diver dial swap

I’ve had my RN diver a few years now. It was bought for me by my wife from this very forum (thanks John Wall) after I posted a wtb. It’s my daily wearer and has seen it’s fair share of action with some battle scars to show for it. The only thing that caused me a problem is that it had no date. A lovely looking symmetrical dial, yes, but the date function for me is something that helps me keep track of things. I work irregular hours and also seem to have absolutely no brain capacity to remember a date for more than 3 seconds.
    A bit of light googling revealed that the movement in the RN diver is the same as that in the SBS and I could actually hear the day date function when I wound it past midnight. A quick email to CWC and they confirmed they could change the dial to the SBS so that the day date function is revealed. I got it back yesterday and am really pleased with the result. I know that this dial may not be as visually appealing as the no date version but this is genuinely a ‘tool’ watch for me and it has vastly improved its usefulness to me!
    A before and after pic to complete the post :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bobbyf; 25th May 2021 at 17:11.