closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Track Day vid Snetterton 20.05.21

Track Day vid Snetterton 20.05.21

Highlights of a superb track day at Snetterton 20.05.21.

Sorry about the over-exposure of the filming. First time I've not mounted the camera on the windscreen, but I've got some settings to try next time so the quality will be better.

1:50 - Trying to stay with Arun (a racer who counts Snetterton as his favourite circuit) in his Cup 360. Eventually I lose touch in heavy traffic.
    6:24 driving in the rain. The track did dry out after about an hour
    6:59 Chasing a BMW race car that had lost his rear PU, but was otherwise in good order.
    8:03 He gets a slide on coming on to the Bentley straight
    8:20 Knowing he'll be nervous about grip levels, I pull a slightly rude pass at the end of the straight
    8:28 and then I'm a bit too fast through The Esses
    10:00 Passing a Caterham 620R
    10:05 Letting Phillip & Alastair through (Sport 380 and Cup 430) and then following them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxHU9lU5is
    Last edited by andy tims; 23rd May 2021 at 07:08.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Thanks for posting - good to see TZers put the hammer down.

I've embedded the video for you.

Craftsman
    Looks like you were having fun Andy. How are you finding the Lotus after many years in the GT3? Remind me which Lotus you went for?

Great video Andy. Clearly a good driver. Would have been better (from a viewers perspective anyway) to have the camera mounted outside on the front somewhere for a clearer view of the trackand cars.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Thanks for posting - good to see TZers put the hammer down.

I've embedded the video for you.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Looks like you were having fun Andy. How are you finding the Lotus after many years in the GT3? Remind me which Lotus you went for?
    I was indeed. I have a Sport 410. It's much faster than the GT3 and handles better. I didn't like the new Snetterton layout in the GT3 as it's less flowing than the previous, but being nearly 300kg lighter the Lotus is easier to stop & get turned in to the tight corners. I do miss the GT3's noise at 5,500 rpm plus though.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Great video Andy. Clearly a good driver. Would have been better (from a viewers perspective anyway) to have the camera mounted outside on the front somewhere for a clearer view of the trackand cars.
    Thanks

Externally mounted cameras are not allowed. Next time I'll sport out the exposure much better and use a longer FoV. I've also ordered a sturdier mount.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Is that a safety thing? I have innovv K2s fitted to all my bikes. Could be discreetly tucked away in a grill or something? Anyway, great footage and thanks for sharing It.
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Next time I'll sport out the exposure much better and use a longer FoV. I've also ordered a sturdier mount.
    Presume you’re using a GoPro suckered to the Perspex behind the seats? You need to turn the spot meter on and then it’ll focus on outside of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Presume you’re using a GoPro suckered to the Perspex behind the seats? You need to turn the spot meter on and then it’ll focus on outside of the car.
    Yes + I've bought the harness bar mount, which will be more stable.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting this! I love the sound of the Lotus' engine

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Yes + I've bought the harness bar mount, which will be more stable.
    Good plan, although I never had an issue with the sucker mount on my Exige. I bought an extra long cable too, so I didn’t have to worry about the battery discharging.

It’s hard to tell from the video as to whether you heel and toe. I’m sure I read that one of the Exige software updates didn’t allow the accelerator and brake to be depressed at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Good plan, although I never had an issue with the sucker mount on my Exige. I bought an extra long cable too, so I didn’t have to worry about the battery discharging.

It’s hard to tell from the video as to whether you heel and toe. I’m sure I read that one of the Exige software updates didn’t allow the accelerator and brake to be depressed at the same time?
    Good tip on the charging cable.

I'm not healing & toeing. I'm fine with the technique but whilst you can press both pedals down, the accelerator does virtually nothing in terms of RPM until you're almost completely off the brake, so I don't bother.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57