closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ploprof WOW

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    You could have said that about Daytona's once (well not the depth rating, but the resale hit), but look at them now.

Buying a watch at RRP to resell is a mug's game (unless you can find an in demand Rolex at RRP and sell straight away), but if you like the Ploprof, it might go the same way as the vintage ones in time.

M
    It was tongue in cheek, I don't buy to sell. I really like the Ploprof, especially without the date, but it's around the same price as the DSOTM which I bought for about half price on SC then sold for a bit less after a week or two when I realised it wasn't for me. Omega's RRP is wishful with some models.

I'd love to try a Ploprof at some point but not for nearly £10k from an AD. At some point everything gets sold, even if it's 5 or 10 years later, and I wouldn't want to take a 4-5k hit on any watch.

When I first joinned the forum in 2009, these were a real forum favourite, but you rarely see them mentioned now.

Love them, but for me the one to have is the vintage model from back in the days when it was the tool for the job. The size is a bit of a red herring in that the bulk of it runs comfortably up the forearm.

If anyone fancies one but finds the modern one a little expensive and/or blingy, have a look at a vintage one. I'll never sell mine. It's something truely unique in a world os 'samey' watches.

saw few used selling at around 4K..but barely any transactions as it is certainly not an easy one to carry

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It was tongue in cheek, I don't buy to sell. I really like the Ploprof, especially without the date, but it's around the same price as the DSOTM which I bought for about half price on SC then sold for a bit less after a week or two when I realised it wasn't for me. Omega's RRP is wishful with some models.

I'd love to try a Ploprof at some point but not for nearly £10k from an AD. At some point everything gets sold, even if it's 5 or 10 years later, and I wouldn't want to take a 4-5k hit on any watch.
    Fair enough, I missed it.

I guess most of us have woulda-shoulda-coulda stories

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?