closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it winter?

It’s stupid cold here in sunny Worthing and the rain is getting worse, I’ve got a massive eucalyptus tree down in the back garden due to the soggy ground and crazy wind, it’s in my garden but has fallen over into my neighbours..it’s being held up by an Ash which has stopped it flattening his shed and a trampoline!
    Should be an interesting call with my insurance company tomorrow as even my tree surgeon mate has said it’s going to be an expensive and tricky job to remove it…

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Went out for a bike ride with my club this morning...in winter gear! Only got a bit hot when I had to put a jacket on as it was chucking it down!

Craftsman
    I decided to wash the outside of my greenhouse this morning. I was rinsing it down with the hose, as the rain was pelting down, and the waters were rising slowly around me. I will be going for a swim at the lido in half-an-hour - it has stopped raining for now, not that it makes much difference once you are in the water. I think I must prefer the wet to too hot and sunny.

Weirdo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I think I must prefer the wet to too hot and sunny.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Weirdo!
    You'll be too hot soon David🥵 heatwave on its way😎

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    It barely ever goes below 28c here (Ho Chi Minh), so I do sometimes miss the seasons.
    We have two here - dry season (October - April) and wet (May - September). We had an almighty storm on Thursday to welcome in the rainy season, and the temperature dropped to 25c. It was wonderful to stand out in it... until it started to go t*ts up.

We will rebuild!

Our village had Open Gardens this weekend, in aid of fundraising for the Church (that has seen a huge drop in income due to the pandemic). We do it every two years, although last year it was postponed due to the pandemic.

My wife, who is a keen and skilled gardener had put in days of prep, but naturally so much hasn't yet come into bloom due to the truly attrocious weather.

Of course it rained off an on throughout, so I told her not to be disappointed if hardly anyone turned up.

I could not have been more wrong - at least 120 people visited, many of them carrying brollies or wrapped up against the wind and rain, and all utterly determined to go and look at some rather soggy gardens. As one lady put it, "I've hardly been anywhere for the past year, I wasn't going to miss this no matter what."

You have to love the British sometimes.
    So clever my foot fell off.