closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch delivery woes with dhl

Craftsman

Watch delivery woes with dhl

So this is mostly a rant but felt this would be a safe space. I sold a watch on eBay for £850 which needed sending to Singapore. I looked at various options for getting it there and found a large number of companies would not provide the insurance that would cover a watch. DHL did offer it and so for the handsome price of around £70 the parcel was sent by them. It was delivered to the depot on Monday and the tracking started working.

The parcel should be due for delivery today in Singapore but there has been no tracking updates since the depot on Monday. I have tried calling but it is seemingly impossible to speak to a human being on the phone. I have resorted to messaging them on Facebook but have not received a response as of yet. I have every expectation of the buyer complaining to eBay but I feel totally stuck. I can't believe how bad the service and customer service is for DHL especially given the price they have charged.

I wonder what other people's experiences have been.

Also if anyone has any tips or suggestions these would be gratefully received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say a lot of delivery companies are going this way...seems like it really spread during the pandemic. For example, Hermes is uncontactable despite appearing to offer multiple ways to contact customer services. When you try any of them, you just get an automated system (either a telephone menu system and pre-recorded messages or a webchat bot) and there is no actual way to get to speak to a human. Fine if everything is going well and you just need a status update but you are screwed if there any problems.

I had an issue with a delivery that went missing by Hermes about two months ago. Said it was out for delivery, never arrived, then the status said it was back at my local depot. It never arrived and there is no way to get into contact with Hermes to sort it out.
    Last edited by Christian; 20th May 2021 at 08:50.

Craftsman
    If your depot is local you could just pop in as they’ll have access to the system, I’ve done this before and they’ve been helpful.

Cheers
    Rory

Is it possible it's stuck in customs? I know the tracking doesn't tend to update until it leaves there.

May I ask why you did not use the eBay Global Shipping Program? That would have got you off the hook for delivery as eBay take responsibility once you ship to the UK processing centre.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I didn't seem to have that available as an option but perhaps I didn't look hard enough

I had a watch sent by ‘DHL Express’ from Newcastle to Norfolk and it took 3 days to get to me - the parcel got held up for inexplicable reasons and the tracking just sat there saying nothing much until the watch showed up. Not really an issue but it stood out as the only delivery I’ve had delayed over the whole of lockdown, and the only time I can remember DHL express being involved. Frankly when Amazon can get stuff to me like clockwork within 24 hours day in, day out it’s a bit ridiculous!

Master
    Covid is still having adverse effects on the international logistics industry. It will almost certainly turn up, all you got to hope for is that is is signed for.

The tracking devices aren't all they are cracked up to be.

I did this, quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    If your depot is local you could just pop in as they’ll have access to the system, I’ve done this before and they’ve been helpful.

Cheers
    Rory

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Frankly when Amazon can get stuff to me like clockwork within 24 hours day in, day out it’s a bit ridiculous!

Amazon have many regional warehouses in the UK which facilitates rapid delivery times. You still get the usual problems of stuff being left on the doorstep.

Amazons track record on deliveries ordered from a foreign supplier is much the same as anyone elses. It can take ages and the tracking info is a bit wonky. They save their skin by quoting long lead times and then appear to deliver before the due date. That way customers are less likely to worry.

I recently used DHL international priority mail to send a watch to Saudi, it went flawlessly, I ticked the box for tracking updates and had a very clear picture of where it was at all times. It did stall at the end point customs for a day and a half but once released it was delivered very quickly, overall very impressed and half the quoted online price compared to FedEx.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    Is it possible it's stuck in customs? I know the tracking doesn't tend to update until it leaves there.
    That would be my first assumption to be honest.

4 days?

I had a watch delivered in Italy 3 months after I posted it.

It will turn up, everything's upside down at present.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The parcel should be due for delivery today in Singapore”

Why worry “don’t panic Mr mannering” as today is not over yet?
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    May I ask why you did not use the eBay Global Shipping Program? That would have got you off the hook for delivery as eBay take responsibility once you ship to the UK processing centre.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    I know you said you didn't seem to have this option but you have to opt into the GSP to be able to use it.

Just type in global shipping program in the help section and you should be able to find it.

I have to say it's one of eBays better ideas as I've had 2 issues over the year's using it but as both had arrived at the GSP and then went missing after being forwarded by them I was fully refunded immediately.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    DHL...... Drop it, Hide it or Lose it.

They seem to be going for option 2 or 3? Keep us posted but hope it all works out.

Can be worrying, but more often than not will turn up, and I have always found DHL to be excellent internationally. Good luck 🤞