closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kurono Tokyo Toki (salmon dial): you will have 10 minutes to order it...

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    I'm hoping that the prices on these will get down to a level I can afford (or should I say feel are reasonable). I really like the Kurono Chronograph 2 as well but these are likewise somewhat stellar.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I have the chrono 2 and IMHO in the metal it is the most beautiful chronograph at any price point that I've handled. Bloody hard to tell the time on it though so best classified as an objet d'art!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I have the chrono 2 and IMHO in the metal it is the most beautiful chronograph at any price point that I've handled. Bloody hard to tell the time on it though so best classified as an objet d'art!

That's a useful comment Ryan. Telling the time can be difficult on some watches (I'm thinking of my Fortis Marinemaster for one) as I get older and my eyes aren't as they were. The chrono does look gorgeous though. Maybe its a piece that should just be framed.

That's a useful comment Ryan. Telling the time can be difficult on some watches (I'm thinking of my Fortis Marinemaster for one) as I get older and my eyes aren't as they were. The chrono does look gorgeous though. Maybe its a piece that should just be framed.

It's more the fact the beautifully sculpted and polished hands aren't all that different in length and it can mean confusion ar first glance between hour hand and minute hand. Same applies to the 3 handers to be fair.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    It's more the fact the beautifully sculpted and polished hands aren't all that different in length and it can mean confusion ar first glance between hour hand and minute hand. Same applies to the 3 handers to be fair.
    It took me a week or two with the Toki to get used to that. Although the hands are different in shape, my initial impression was they were too similar in length and I found it made reading the time confusing. Have to say I’ve got more used to it now though - just took a while.

I'm hoping that the prices on these will get down to a level I can afford (or should I say feel are reasonable). I really like the Kurono Chronograph 2 as well but these are likewise somewhat stellar.

From what I have read they seem to dislike selling outside of the JDM, there is a review of one of their watches on YouTube and the buyer got in contact with them over an issue and got a less than impressive reply.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    From what I have read they seem to dislike selling outside of the JDM, there is a review of one of their watches on YouTube and the buyer got in contact with them over an issue and got a less than impressive reply.
    I was more meaning when all the froth died down that they might come onto the pre-worn market here in the UK at more reasonable cost.

I was more meaning when all the froth died down that they might come onto the pre-worn market here in the UK at more reasonable cost.

Ah ok no problem,

I am subscribed to their mail list and was going to buy one when they came out. I think the whole "15 minutes to buy consider yourself lucky" Thing a bit condescending and not really something I want to buy into. I like the Japanese design and I like the little extras like the boxes and straps that they come with as much as I like Japanese pens. I have a preference for bespoke stuff but a dislike when they seem to try to gouge their customers or treat them like they should be grateful to even buy their products. I think perhaps they may be so limited in their production that its unlikely that they will be found in such numbers in the UK that the price will go down, hopefully though like say Grand Seiko they will soon realise that there is a customer base outside of Japan that they can tap into.

Journeyman

Kurono Tokyo Toki (salmon dial): you will have 10 minutes to order it...

Mine has just arrived today (after being notified of dispatch on Friday - very quick delivery to the UK with DHL!)
    My first impressions are very positive. The dial colour is lovely and completely different to anything else I have. It does wear pretty small though which is no problem for me with my wrist size but it still surprises me a bit. I compared it to my 38mm Vacheron and it wears a fair bit smaller imo even though it’s only 1mm less diameter. I think the size of the bezel is exaggerated by the dark ring around the dial from the sapphire crystal. Good value at around £1500 including Import charges.

Last edited by Gavster; 9th August 2021 at 14:07.

Just ordered the new watch box to go with the Toki, should both arrive I'm same month.
    https://kuronotokyo.com/products/haw...as-fulfillment

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Just ordered the new watch box to go with the Toki, should both arrive I'm same month.
    https://kuronotokyo.com/products/haw...as-fulfillment

Funnily enough I have done the same with the plan to put it with the watch. Looks beautiful and Christmas delivery

just received a shipping update - very excited

Master
    Just seen this pop up on Facebook. Last new Kuronos until 2023 by the sound of it:

"Kuronotokyo is working hard to prepare the first batch of 青磁:SEIJI for shipping this month. We are striving earnestly to ensure everyone receives their watch on time. The October batch is expected to be sent out completely by the end of the month unless there is unanticipated disruption.

We would also like to announce that there will not be a new variant of our classic ‘Bunkyō Tokyo’ art-deco design (seen in 青磁:SEIJI and 朱鷺:Toki) for the remainder of 2021 or in 2022. We are focusing on the production of 朱鷺:Toki, and need to manage supply chain and manpower shortages.

We hope you have enjoyed the simple, art deco style as much we have and are looking forward to seeing more of Japanese master watchmaker Hajime Asaoka’s design brilliance next year and beyond!"

I'm still waiting patiently for my Toki, hoping for the email anytime now.

So just playing with my Toki

Also I added the custom watch box as well to make it a more complete set in my mind for the full on Japanese experience

Journeyman

Kurono Tokyo Toki (salmon dial): you will have 10 minutes to order it...

I received another Kurono on Thursday, the Grand Mori with green lacquered dial. I love the dial on this, really changes with the light!

Recently I’ve been enjoying coloured dials…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk