closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Arnie Bezel Query

Seiko Arnie Bezel Query

Quick question for those with older dive watches.

My old Seiko Arnie, bezel doesn't turn, any quick resolves for this?

I did look to take the Bakelite shroud off the overlay, unscrewed the 3 screws, yet didn't want to force the shroud off as I know they are prone to break.

I usually wear this whilst running, use the timer/ stopwatch function. Just would like to use the bezel also.

Thanks Brad

Have you tried turning the bezel under a running warm tap - assuming you trust the watch's waterproofness? That's often done the trick for stiff bezels for me.
    An alternative may be some graphite powder to see if that frees it.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Have you tried turning the bezel under a running warm tap - assuming you trust the watch's waterproofness? That's often done the trick for stiff bezels for me.
    An alternative may be some graphite powder to see if that frees it.

Best of luck.
    Thanks yes have tried that have got 1 or 2 turns (more unaligned bezel) rather than full clicks.

Heard people mention floss works but unsure.

Master
    They can be stiff
    To remove the original shroud you’ll need to gently pry it off where the spring bars are - it has 2 lugs that hold it in place but as you’ve said they are (by now) very brittle
    Try to get a new bezel gasket and give it a light smear of silicon grease
    Any excuse for an Arnie pic
    Arnies by biglewie, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    They can be stiff
    To remove the original shroud you’ll need to gently pry it off where the spring bars are - it has 2 lugs that hold it in place but as you’ve said they are (by now) very brittle
    Try to get a new bezel gasket and give it a light smear of silicon grease
    Any excuse for an Arnie pic
    Arnies by biglewie, on Flickr
    Thanks Lewie

I knew TZs others Arnie owner would know. Guess don't want to break mine but reckon it will. I've seen some on eBay plastic replicas so may have to bite the bullet.

Mine looking more slightly worse than your two.

Master
    I’ve a couple of shrouds- the shapeways one is a little ‘rough’ and for me there is a little too much gap between the bezel and the shroud
    Also one that I bought from the US - it’s not bad but a little too ‘shiney’ could be with being more of a Matt finish
    Just be careful and can I suggest you could just cut off one of the lips with a sharp knife - might just save it from destruction
    I did repair my original with black loc title and some milliput

Maybe try to get some thin dental floss down far enough into the front of the shroud so you can get it under the bezel - a bit of gentle ‘saw action’ especially if you do this in combination with some warm water as mentioned above should do the trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I don’t think it would be possible to get floss down without removing the shroud

Perhaps this is an excuse to buy a new Arnie for exercise and gently retire the old one for more relaxed duties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk