closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show us your CERAMIC watches!

Quote Originally Posted by neebsta View Post
    I can certainly recommend an Erika’s original as an alternative strap. NATO style with a twist. I got two recently and I haven’t swapped them since they arrived. They are brilliant.
    Thanks. I've just ordered the Black Ops and will try it when I go back to the UK for Christmas.

I have been enjoying this recent purchase quite a lot

Quote Originally Posted by JoePattinson View Post

I'll be honest with you, Joe, I don't know whether I love or hate that? Fair play to you though, as long as you're enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I'll be honest with you, Joe, I don't know whether I love or hate that? Fair play to you though, as long as you're enjoying it.
    Actually I know what you mean, when I look at in the watch box I sometimes think the same, do I love it or hate it. But when I put it on I really like it and it gets some interesting comments from people.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks. I've just ordered the Black Ops and will try it when I go back to the UK for Christmas.

Excellent choice. I have the same strap on my all black Seiko LX, and it looks awesome. Proper stealth!

Master

Great choice - one of mine is the Black ops with dlc hardware.

Last edited by neebsta; 17th October 2021 at 22:13.

Actually I know what you mean, when I look at in the watch box I sometimes think the same, do I love it or hate it. But when I put it on I really like it and it gets some interesting comments from people.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I love it

I'm still on the fence to be honest. I want to love it, but at the moment I actually think it looks better in pictures than in the flesh.
    I say "at the moment" because I haven't really had the opportunity to bond with it yet. I bought it when COVID restrictions were being tightened (the AD personally delivered the watch to my house), and the following week (mid July) we went into full lockdown, and have been in that same situation until this week, where we are now at least allowed out.
    So I haven't really worn a watch for three months, other than to put a few on for something to pass the time. Hence not bonding with it yet. I will give it some wrist time when I can get out and about and back to work.

In terms of the actual watch - It's very legible when reading the time. The script on the dial is barely visible, and is massively exacerbated in photos, which adds to the stealth.
    Quality and finish is right up there; the case is very crisp and the contrast of bevelled edges and the matt case give it a certain bling. Bezel action is nice and positive. The crown is rock solid and easy to grip and wind/adjust. The slightly domed and raised crystal could do with AR as there is a lot of reflection.

It's nice and light at 106g but not unnoticeable on the wrist. The leather/rubber hybrid strap is the same as is on the PO1 (which I also have) but with blackened steel clasp. The 41mm and 14.4mm case wears well on my 6.75 inch wrist.

The open caseback is a nice touch and the MT5602-1U blacked out and decorated movement looks cool. I only tested the time keeping over the first few days of ownership, which was a mix of wearing around the house and sitting off the wrist. It came in at +1 spd, which is excellent but expected of the master chronometer movement (0 +5).

The supplied fabric strap is gash and needs to go in the bin. I've felt better quality hessian bags. I'm gonna buy a mixture of straps for it when deliveries start up again as I think that may improve my bond. Time will tell.

I’m surprised it’s that heavy. The IWC top gun just shown is around 60g

Master

That looks great, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    I’m surprised it’s that heavy. The IWC top gun just shown is around 60g
    You have to remember that only the case and bezel insert are ceramic on the Tudor. Crown, bezel and the caseback are steel. Plus I'd imagine the hybrid strap and deployant add considerably to the weight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Somewhat unexpectedly (to me at least), looks like Tudor wants a piece of the ceramic action:

£3,550 isn't ludicrous, either.
    This Tudor has got my attention! It looks terrific.

Against this competition, how is Longines going to sell its All-black Ceramic HydroConquest (they are similar prices)? Is the Longines more legible?

EDIT: Why did Tudor spoil it by having a PVD coated bezel? The main selling point of a ceramic watch is its scratch resistance. But it’s the bezel that’s most likely to get scratched, and Tudor made this part in PVD-coated metal (it’s bound to get chipped).
    Last edited by Dougal; 21st October 2021 at 05:17.