closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Out of character posts

Out of character posts

Ladies and gentlemen of this fine forum.
    I have noticed lately that over the last couple of months I have made some out of order, and out of character posts.

I was reading a post the other day from one of the members saying about a terrible situation he is in at the moment- thought he had a tumour, but turned out to be cancer of the bone situated on the inner surface of his skull where the brain is housed.
    I have been looking for the post to send on my best wishes and to read further of his treatment etc.

To cut a long story short a small cyst in my brain was found about 6 years ago.
    No worries though, everything was investigated fully by the wonderful health system in New South Wales. It turns out I was born with it, it didn't effect me before and hasn't since.

A couple of months ago I developed a headache, which never goes away, it just varies in intensity. I thought it might of been the cyst playing up, so I chased it at the doctor's.

I have had full CT scans, blood tests, lumbar puncture to test for spinal fluid issues and pressure. Everything checks out ok medically so far.
    Now trying different medications until the headache either fades away or other symptoms show themselves.

My friends and my partner all know, and comment that I'm not myself, and I can see that by some of my irrational outbursts here.

So I will take this opportunity to apologise to all those I have offended directly and indirectly.
    I have had some thoughtful PMs and comments posted in my best interest.
    I have also seen a few of my posts quoted to call out my bad form.

I thank both sides, both have either comforted me or highlighted my comments for me to reflect on.

Now this isn't a post looking for sympathy, just trying to explain my current behaviour.

Peace to all, and no more outbursts from myself.

Best wishes

Nick

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that Nicky and just to say thanks again for your PM.

I was just saying elsewhere that we have all made posts which on reflection were misjudged, or could have been softened. Or deleted.

Hope you get to the bottom of things and find something that helps to ease the headaches.

Was going to suggest pituitary tumour as source of headaches but since you’ve had MRI already I guess not. (speaking from experience)

Best of luck.

Hi Nicky, I hope you find the root of the headaches and that it's something harmless or trivial causing them.
    It's a big thing to publically apologise, even if I'm not sure an apology was needed, and it takes a big man to do it, bravo to you sir.
    Regarding inappropriate comments I've certainly been very guilty of that, as have many others, and there are a small few that continue to write them, seemingly unable to stop themselves. So you are not alone by any means on this forum when it comes to an over sensitive response mechanism, especially in these difficult and strange times.
    I now take time to read an angry post I have written before submitting it and think, would I say that to the persons face? And also take time to read what is meant as a funny response and think does the written word convey the humour only or could it be read as malice? I have tried to abide by these simple rules, doubtless I will occasionally fail, but will always try my best.
    Peace to you, it looks like you have found the right track, and my best wishes regarding your health (and that of every other forum members too).

Brave move calling yourself on it Nicky, I hope all turns out well.

Sounds worrying so genuinely wishing you all the best. Sometimes these things are never diagnosed and rectify themselves.

Another suggestion for the headaches might be anxiety? You don't often know you have it as it can manifest unconsciously but cause a whole array of physical symptoms. I would consider seeng a cranial osteopath to help release any tension. It's got to be worth a try?

Nicky...being one of those that found your comment perplexing regarding 'bygone cars' etc...as I thought it was a great light hearted thread and was joining in the enthusiasm and genuinely reminiscing.....a bit like looking back at the watches we should never have sold...

respect to you and no harm done chill...

Sincerely take care of yourself

Kindest Regards
    T

I appreciate the post, Nick - I wish you well with finding the source of your headaches and that your discomfort / pain can be relieved. Health is so often taken for granted, but ill health has such a massive impact on life, for the individual and family (lesser so friends). I have the utmost admiration for those who live with long-term chronic (more-so terminal) conditions yet continue to show peace, patience, perseverance, love and selflessness - one of the utmost tests of character, I'd say.

As for aggressive / out-of-character posts - I haven't noticed any, but I don't live here like many. What I would say is that I take most such posts with a pinch of salt - they are often exaggerated and triggered.

Nick, don't be too hard on yourself. We all have our ups and downs and we're all out of character sometimes. It could be the result of lockdowns, stress, anxiety, diet, or even just something in the air/water. Most times we never know causes it but the key thing is to see it happening which you've done already.

Take care of yourself and don't underestimate the benefits of getting out for a walk and going to bed at a decent hour. Works wonders for me when I'm veering off.

Master
    Nick, the first rule in this place is that you must not give a tinkers cuss what others think of you. Say what you think, it is a free world and if someone else comes back with a retort, so what, who cares.

All the best with the medical condition.

Nicky,
    Try to ignore Mick the forum ''old codger'' as your explanation covers it, don't sweat the small stuff, look after yourself and stay safe.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Nick, the first rule in this place is that you must not give a tinkers cuss what others think of you. Say what you think, it is a free world and if someone else comes back with a retort, so what, who cares.
    Sadly Mick that is not a particularly accurate assessment of the forum and members. If that is all you have taken from 7 years of being here it says more about you than others.

As for saying what you think?, good luck with that in the G&D.

Worry not Nick - no harm done and best wishes with getting stuff resolved.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I hope it proves to be something easily resolved, but, honestly, I think most people have been someone different to their normal selves sometime over the last 18 months.

I know I've certainly had the odd moment where I've suffered a severe 'sense of humour failure'.

Hope it resolves soon.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Best wishes indeed.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hope your persistent headache settles and you are feeling better soon. ATB Jon

Hi Nicky,

Had exactly the same situation with headaches 24/7, and can sympathise with how you are feeling, my emotions were all over the place, and I never really got to the bottom of why it happened, the docs put me on Amitriptyline to help manage the pain, I was on them for 2.5 years, took me ages to properly get off them, but it did help even if I felt like I was experiencing life wrapped in cotton wool all the time with the feeling they left me with.

Hope you find a solution soon that works for you.

All the best OP!

Master
    Get better soon, Nick. Everyone’s allowed a few outbursts from time to time, especially when other things are going on.

Rest up and onwards to improved health, mate.

P.S. "tinkers cuss" needs an apostrophe (tinker's cuss) - I had to mention it for my OCD.

Nick, this might be the post that you had read. I hope all goes well for you both. These things happen to all of us, but it is isolating when it does, so having the courage to talk about it really helps a lot of people. -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Went for my consultation today, I don't actually have a brain tumour.
    What I do have is cancer on the inner surface of my skull. I am to have a full body CAT scan within the next two weeks, as they feel sure that these cancerous spots have come from cancer in another part of my body. After this has been established, treatment etc. can commence.

Bugger.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    P.S. "tinkers cuss" needs an apostrophe (tinker's cuss) - I had to mention it for my OCD.
    I don't know if you are right or not and it is now irritating me.

The apostrophe is to denote possession, but how can you possess a cuss?

Hope you get the headaches sorted OP and thus back to your normal self...don't fret about the small stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I don't know if you are right or not and it is now irritating me.

The apostrophe is to denote possession, but how can you possess a cuss?
    A noun can possess an abstract concept. It doesn't have to be physical.

Grand Master
    Hope you find the cause and get it sorted soon chap, all the best
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Than you all very much for the comments folks, muchly appreciated.

And Mike, that's the post thank you very much. Contact made with Bob and best wishes sent

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk