closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag Heuer Monza Cal36

Tag Heuer Monza Cal36

I have an opportunity to buy a Tag Heuer Monza Cal36, until recently I'd only ever seen a Monza in a window and hadn't had one on my wrist.

The pictures I have from the seller look lovely and with the white dial, tbh I'm really taken with it.

Rewind a couple of days I had one delivered to a local shop to view, supposedly a Cal36, but it wasn't - little matter. It gave me the opportunity to strap one to my wrist; so disappointed, it felt small, almost dainty (no offence to any Monza owners!)

I'm guessing I've been conditioned by wearing larger watches over the years, very few under 40mm.

At the same time, the shop had a used Monaco, both have a size of 39mm and comparing side by side the difference was enormous. I've have couple of Monaco's and I feel entirely comfortable wearing them on a flat'ish close to 7" wrist - but the Monza; felt so small.

I'm wondering if white dial watches wear larger - clutching at straws?

Thought from Monza owners appreciated...guess I could 'shrink' into it with advancing years!

Heart and head battle going on that needs resolving :)

I recently bought a black dialed Monza. I have a blue dial Monaco...which is probably my favourite (but least worn?!) watch.

I found the Monza too small wearing too...So I flipped the Monza for a black dialed Monaco.....thought that was too similar to my blue dialed Monaco!

That has since been flipped for a 43.5 Planet Ocean ...which I love! So it all worked out............................................... ............

......................eventually!

The Monza is 38mm IIRC; I’ve had two calibre 36 models, the black dial and the cream dial, and really enjoyed wearing them, particularly the limited edition cream dialed model. They do wear quite tall though.
    The later DLC model is lovely but at 42mm, felt a little too large for me. If you’re preference is for larger though, it’s well worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    I recently bought a black dialed Monza. I have a blue dial Monaco...which is probably my favourite (but least worn?!) watch.

I found the Monza too small wearing too...So I flipped the Monza for a black dialed Monaco.....thought that was too similar to my blue dialed Monaco!

That has since been flipped for a 43.5 Planet Ocean ...which I love! So it all worked out............................................... ............

......................eventually!
    Yes, I remember the Monza and Monaco you had Daney...shame I missed your Monaco, that would've fitted in nicely with what I planned and saved the Monza deliberations too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The Monza is 38mm IIRC; I’ve had two calibre 36 models, the black dial and the cream dial, and really enjoyed wearing them, particularly the limited edition cream dialed model. They do wear quite tall though.
    The later DLC model is lovely but at 42mm, felt a little too large for me. If you’re preference is for larger though, it’s well worth a look.
    I remember you having at least one Cal36 Dave; had an issue with servicing on one of them? If I do go for this one a service will be needed soon, I understand the El Primero should be serviced every 5 or 6 years.

I've seen pictures of the Ltd Ed cream dial - does have a very retro-vintage look about it, not sure that would be my choice. I understand the white dial of the one I may buy is a more crisp white/silver...haven't got any white dial watches at the moment and was rather hoping the white dial may give the illusion of wearing a little larger? I do hope so.

The 42mm version? Can't stand DLC watches. If it had been good ol' plain steel it would be perfect in white with same dial detailing/layout the smaller version has.

The dealer that bought a standard Monza (black dial) instead of the Cal36 version for me to view has been really good. Understands my concerns over size, they know I'm not going to buy it and it's the white version I want. They've allowed me to keep the watch until Monday morning with no charge (do I have my CC details though!) providing it's returned in the same condition. Should give me a decent chance to get a feel for wearing it.
    So far, I'm still getting the 'it is too small' feeling; Mrs JiaB & friends think it's fine, we'll see.

Thanks for your comments; heart and head are still at war!