closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches of Essex ??

Watches of Essex ??

Greetings,
    Anyone had any dealings with Watches of Essex (Sam Journet) of late?

He had apparently sold a Tag Heuer GMT on my behalf at the end of April but he appears to have gone AWOL??

He hasn't replied to any of my emails, no response to Messenger etc since the 24th April. I assume that WOE are a one man band and maybe something has happened to him? (He did go AWOL for several weeks at the beginning of the year due to catching Covid)

The last entry on the face book page was at the end of April.

As it stands though, he may or maynot have sold my watch? But in any event he still has it and I am not sure how to get my watch or money back unless he returns??

There is nothing on the watches of Essex website, Facebook or Instagram to say that they are not trading or why there is no activity.

I just would like to know what my options are ??

Cheers

John

It’s not your watch they have listed on Chrono24?

Presumably not answering their Billericay phone number or mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    It’s not your watch they have listed on Chrono24?

Presumably not answering their Billericay phone number or mobile?
    That’s the one! I was told that a deposit was made in April and final payment would be made end of April but still for sale and seemingly no communication. I did ring the number on the website but no answer, there was no answer to their online chat either?

Time for an update.
    Still no contact from Sam Journet aka Watches of Essex since the end of April.
    Another member tried to make contact without success.
    I contacted Chrono24 who said that they hadn’t received any queries regarding WOE, but admitted being unable to contact the WOE at this time.
    Last edited by odyseus10; 21st May 2021 at 13:31.

I’ve done a quick search and it seems he worked for Emson Haig at Lakeside, his name came up a couple of years ago on the Rolex forum as a good contact for Tudor watches at a discount. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he still does and uses Watches of Essex to offload some watches that he might be able to get his hands on for a profit. Might be worth a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    I’ve done a quick search and it seems he worked for Emson Haig at Lakeside, his name came up a couple of years ago on the Rolex forum as a good contact for Tudor watches at a discount. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he still does and uses Watches of Essex to offload some watches that he might be able to get his hands on for a profit. Might be worth a call.
    Yes, I found some of those too. Clearly he decided to go it along and form his own company??

Just to be clear that Sam Journet is the MD of Watches of Essex and he is the the sole employee???

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    Yes, I found some of those too. Clearly he decided to go it along and form his own company??

Just to be clear that Sam Journet is the MD of Watches of Essex and he is the the sole employee???
    Link...Woe Ltd. The name would put me off...

Looks like he has moved about a bit

https://rocketreach.co/sam-journet-email_35961562

Craftsman
    Well he seems very much alive on Instagram. I think there is a high chance the profile is his given the DOB on Companies House, location and fascination with watches.

https://instagram.com/samjournet?utm_medium=copy_link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    Well he seems very much alive on Instagram. I think there is a high chance the profile is his given the DOB on Companies House, location and fascination with watches.

https://instagram.com/samjournet?utm_medium=copy_link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure any of those are Recent?

Pretty sure this is his brother, you could ask him what’s the best way to contact him

https://www.facebook.com/joe.journet

So a belated update to this thread...

So on 20th May, I posted on the WOE facebook page asking if anyone knew what was going on and suggested few possibilities from illness to bankruptcy.

The next day I get an email from SJ..

"I am just coming to the end of some holiday I decided to take and I received a call from my social media guy last night and he has asked me to contact you urgently as there was some reference made to alleged bankruptcy? I hope you can appreciate this comment has been removed because that is totally not the case. I am surprised you did not receive our out of office emails which were set up so many apologies if you thought we was ignoring you, that certainly was not our intention"

I replied saying that I found this a bit odd stating that I had no reply through Chrono24, (and no reply through Chrono24 to another TZ member). Chrono24 themselves couldn't reach SJ. No reply through his website chat. And finally, nothing on his website, facebook or Instagram to say he was on holiday.

The follow up email ignored all this, but SJ did offer to pay me for the watch sale even though he said he was waiting for the final instalment (this after he had previously said it would be paid by the end of May).

The irony of all this was that Watchfinder offered me £1300 in December and SJ sold the watch for £1550 but after taking off his 10% commission I actually got £1400.

I was a bit Pi**ed at this, because he originally had it for sale for £1950 and I said that was too much and so he reduced it to £1750 and then I got an email in April, to say it was sold for £1550!!! - too late to ask why the £200 further drop in price (of course he said that there had been plenty of interest)

- In hindsight I should have sold to Watchfinder :( :(

A couple of follow up emails were all apologetic and hoped to do business in the future.

On my final email, I thanked him for paying the money and asked him what services he offered, but he never replied and the emails stopped - probably for the best I think !

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting an update on how things ended........ as a resident of Essex, "SJ" won't be getting troubled by any e-mails from me when I look to buy or sell.

What a cowboy.

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting the follow up, OP. I suppose look on the bright side, it could have ended far worse.

Certainly not someone I'd like to do business with.