closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gold aqua Terra day date. Is it a bath bomb?

Master

Gold aqua Terra day date. Is it a bath bomb?

Ex display watch, 50% off, makes it rather attractive. However how much lower could it go? Would I take a bath if I had to cash in?

Master
    You’re going to get a bit wet, yes.

What model reference is it? I don't see a gold day date option in the current catalogue.

Master

Master
    Red gold, day and date, white dial with the vertical stripes.

Do not be sucked in just because it appears cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Nice looking watch and £8k for a gold AT from an AD with full warranty sounds decent. Then again the description lists visible marks to case, bezel and an aging strap. Used examples appear to be available for less on Chrono 24, albeit import taxes may impact that.

I'd pass if you're interest was mainly caught by the price, you'll still take a hit on it if you flip. If however you really want a gold AT, it's a decent deal from an AD with warranty (depending on the actual condition, I'd be asking for photos or checking the return policy).

Master
    Yeah, I've asked for photos, but I'm less keen on it now I've slept on it. Decent deal for someone, but maybe not me

Master
    I've had photos now and as far as I can tell, the additional description I got is accurate, the marks are tiny and hardly visible, the head is in good condition and 'unworn' is a fair description. The strap is.... Tatty. It's got a fair amount of damage to either edge from numerous adjustments of the deployant clasp. Tbh that doesn't bother me much, straps are a consumable. What does bother me is the watch's age. Being discontinued and from the strap clearly tried many many times, I asked how old. The shop have had the watch 7 years, so it's due a service.
    I'm fairly sure I'm not interested, just not quite right, I won't wear a dressy gold watch much despite its evidently handsome, it's bling and it's cost would leave me uncomfortable. In think.

Out of interest, does anyone have a 2013/2014
    Omega catalogue? I'm intrigued, what was the mrrp back then?

Master
    The shop contacted me again to ask if I'm interested. I replied with my thoughts outlined above but I bit more positive. I wonder how much they want to sell that watch?

Prior RRP was £16,130.

Get them to have it serviced and replace the strap and, if you like that watch, it’s a fair deal.

Grand Master
    If the OP liked the watch enough he would’ve bought it by now. To me it’s simple, if you can afford it and you like it enough you buy it, if not you don’t. Obviously the condition needs to be right, there’s a difference between light scratches and dings, look carefully at the edges for damage that’s harder to rectify or can’t be rectified.

My advice to anyone who wants a good watch is to buy vintage, plenty of nice ones out there.

Master
    I'm in no rush to buy another watch at the moment. It's a handsome watch but without trying it on I'm not spending £8k. Not on a watch that will not resell easily if I didn't bond. If I find myself near the shop (Abingdon) with time to spare I'd go and take a look, otherwise I've decided to let it lie.