closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice - value of 116610LN

Master

Advice - value of 116610LN

I’m potentially doing a deal with a car I have . The lad wanting it has an unworn 116610LN, all complete , purchase invoice etc. Still with most of stickers etc which he wants to put in with some cash.

In terms of “value” where would it sit. My own view is that it would be comfortable at £9k, am I off the mark at that. He bought it brand new from local AD with receipts. I think the deal is ok but just looking for a bit of a second opinion

Sounds right to me, even if it's a bit out either way, unless the car is a classic you are swapping a depreciating asset for an appreciating asset.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I think that’s a good place to set the value at. If I was buying I’d be looking at £9k and if I was selling I’d be hoping mid to high £9’s. So in my opinion that trade value is about right, you’re being fair.

How can you be sure it's genuine? The fakes nowadays are very scary. I would tell him to sell it to Watchfinder and give you the cash.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    How can you be sure it's genuine? The fakes nowadays are very scary. I would tell him to sell it to Watchfinder and give you the cash.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
    I know what you mean. My only reassurance is that he is a long standing member on a single make car forum im on. He has the watch and the original sales invoices along with a hand written one from the supplying AD.

Master
    Which year is the watch? 9k sounds about right either way.

Do you want the watch? If not tell him to sell to a dealer and pay you cash. Simple!

How old is the Sub? I'd think a it would be worth 9.5k minimum assuming real and full set.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    How old is the Sub? I'd think a it would be worth 9.5k minimum assuming real and full set.
    In the OP’s interest to value it low.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    In the OP’s interest to value it low.
    Agree, but you'd want to know an accurate value either way.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Which year is the watch? 9k sounds about right either way.

Do you want the watch? If not tell him to sell to a dealer and pay you cash. Simple!
    It was supplied by a UK AD in 2020

Master
    >The lad wanting it has an unworn 116610LN<

I'm hearing alarm bells.

Master
    I’ve seen superfakes with excellent “delivery stickers,” genuine boxes / booklets / tag and brilliant sales paperwork which we identified as fake only because the watch was and it had to be. They’re around in big numbers and many have them without realising.

Happy to look at it for free for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Great advice and a nice gesture too.

He's buying a car that is on a database and can easily be traced , if it was fake he won't trade it for something so traceable

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Was he the original purchaser named on the paperwork? If so, you may be ok. If not, he may have been duped himself.

Is this particularly a watch you want? If so I think I'd get onto Haywood or C24 or WF or whatever, and get a genuine one with the cash proceeds of the car.

It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself it's genuine but at £9k value, it needs more validation.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    It was supplied by a UK AD in 2020
    I’d be putting that at at least 9.5k the way the market has gone for these.

Great gesture from HM so I’d take that up to be sure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    I’ve seen superfakes with excellent “delivery stickers,” genuine boxes / booklets / tag and brilliant sales paperwork which we identified as fake only because the watch was and it had to be. They’re around in big numbers and many have them without realising.

Much appreciated.
    The watch includes the electronic receipt and the hand written one from the supplying AD with watch serial number and original/current owners details. The guy has been on the single make car forum I’m on for years. I do appreciate the advice though,

Master
    Much appreciated.
    The watch includes the electronic receipt and the hand written one from the supplying AD with watch serial number and original/current owners details. The guy has been on the single make car forum I’m on for years. I do appreciate the advice though,
    I suppose there’s only a concern for you if he wasn’t the original purchaser. If not good standing is pretty much void.

Master
    I don't wish to be the voice of doom nor to feed Mick P's paranoia, but it's a simple fact that the baddies know very well that such things are taken by many to give "peace of mind" and this is why fake POS receipts, from individual ADs and in any name they choose, commonly accompany the SuperFakes that they are trying to get past / getting past the trade.

Please cover yourself every way that you can, with written agreement that you are going to have the watch inspected and what happens if it is not as presented.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would prefer inspection beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Was he the original purchaser named on the paperwork? If so, you may be ok. If not, he may have been duped himself.

I have bought two brand new Rolex from an AD in the last year,

There is no paperwork.

The only thing written was the date of purchase on the guarantee card. My name doesn't appear anywhere.

Master
    Thanks again gents. As a retired bobby I’m probably as paranoid as anyone about being duped. Just by way of the back story, the lad im doing the deal with is on both a Lotus forum and a Renault forum im on, he’s been on there a similar length of time to myself, quite a number of years.
    He put a wanted post on with a twist in that he had the Sub he had bought in 2020 from an AD down south and did anyone fancy doing a deal with a Renaultsport Clio and some cash. All the paperwork matches him and the watch. The deal we are looking at sits the sub at anywhere between £8500 and £9k (depending on how you value my car obviously). He paid RRP for the watch.

As it would be buying on here there has to be some element of trust and looking at his profiles elsewhere on the net he is eminently traceable and of good standing.

It’s an interesting one certainly

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I have bought two brand new Rolex from an AD in the last year,

There is no paperwork.

The only thing written was the date of purchase on the guarantee card. My name doesn't appear anywhere.
    I guess it depends on your AD, every new one I’ve bought has come with a traditional hand written receipt as well as a hand written insurance valuation.

I guess it depends on your AD, every new one I’ve bought has come with a traditional hand written receipt as well as a hand written insurance valuation.

My point was that a brand new Rolex with no paperwork is perfectly legitimate and is exactly what you get from WoS group for instance.

Never had a valuation and I've bought nearly 10. From two different AD groups.