closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How you turn £85 into £3k Star Wars content

Master

How you turn £85 into £3k Star Wars content

Back in 2015 I sold a signed copy of a Star Wars script. It's at the bottom of this thread.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ar+wars+script

This is a copy of the 4th draft script, signed by Dave Prowse with his later "Dave Prowse IS Darth Vader" signature, he never signed like this until later years when he had fallen out with LFL, it's a fun item, with the script copied for SW fans to read & later signed by DP. The ONLY original 1970s LFL part is the rare sticker that has been added to make it look cool. It was sold for it's value as a nice interesting SW item back then for £85.

This is now being resold with a £3k starting bid & an estimate of £5-10K :
    https://bid.eastbristol.co.uk/auctio...9-ad28009eaa8a

The description as it stands:
    "STAR WARS-ORIGINAL FOURTH DRAFT SCRIPT PRODUCTION SCRIPT"
    "Star Wars (1977) - a rare production used script" & "Production used copy of the script, likely issued to crew members, ":

someone is about to get royally ripped off if they pay anywhere near the asking price, this is NOT an original 1970s original script, the sticker is real & the signature is real, I have asked them for any provenance to back up their claim that it is an production used script. It has some age to it but it is not a 1970s production used script.

Maybe the auction house don't realise what they are doing to try to achieve this crazy price, the words original & production turn this into something it is not. So far I've had no response from them about it, they may revise the listing but not so far.

The actual value is more like £250-300 now because the value of the original sticker had increased & DP is now deceased so his signature has gone up slightly

I know there's a few SW collectors on here & sure some will remember the original sale here, I don't think anyone would get duped but it's just a heads up/watch out, it's a cool item for sure but it's not a £3k+ item
    Last edited by wampa; 17th May 2021 at 17:22.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up.

Not going to lie, read the first bit of the thread title and thought ‘Christ, not another Bitcoin post’

Never knew star wars stuff was worth much. I have an original vintage star wars giant bean bag from the 1980`s that is so rare i cant even find a trace of it online or in past ebay sales, nothhing. But i bet i couldnt even get a £10 for the thing

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Never knew star wars stuff was worth much.
    Is that tongue-in-cheek? 😜

I managed to get him to sign this poster I bought off here (probably from yourself) acfew years ago.

My son also got this metal plate poster signed

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Master
    The poster was signed by the artist John Alvin, from memory, it was an artist proof because it was signed on the side, the regular signed versions were signed underneath in the middle

Great to see you got DP to sign it too :)

Yep that's the one.. Still in my pocession :)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk