closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV anyone got one?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV anyone got one?

Thinking of bagging one of the last ones(as Mitsubishi is pulls out of car sales in the UK), the price and spec is right but am I missing something?
    Anyone got/had one and got a horror story or are they generally pretty good to live with?
    Cheers
    Joe

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I don’t have one but have looked in to them. I think unless you do lots of short journeys the MPG isn’t much better than the non PHeV models due to the extra weight. I may have misunderstood though!

Whilst they’re ok and fo what they do, I’ve never heard of anyone raving about them. As mentioned above, if you’re doing any mileage you’d be better off with something else and if you’re not, then full electric is better.

You’re carrying around two propulsion systems for the sake of about 20 miles on electric.

We leased one a few years ago, we did not miss it when it went back and it was replaced with a FFRR.

Great mpg on just electric for 20 miles or so, very average once you did long journeys.

Blog Entries
    I had one (briefly) as a company car & the best that I can say is it was adequate.

It was large, roomy & practical - but heavy, slow & uninspiring to drive. It also felt a bit flimsy in places.

I only picked it as it had low BIK - which was less than half of what I was paying before.
    Which shows how farcical the rules are - as most of my journeys were motorway miles & my previous car (Jag XF 2.0 diesel) was much more economical for such use.

I think there are numerous other threads on this too...

z

Thanks for the replies, I should have said I’m looking for an auto gearbox and the Outlanders is really tractable and pretty unobtrusive, im afraid pure electric cars still don’t have the kind of range that will prevent me from chewing my nails every time I start off on 100mile each way journeys -and- ones that do boast longer ranges are just too expensive for me right now.
    Sooo unless I can squeeze out an even better deal with the garage it looks like I need to once again consider diesel as an alternative for the next few years.
    My other car is a Nissan X trail diesel and frankly while it’s not exactly a scintillating drive neither can I really fault it -but- I just didnt fancy two diesels sitting in the driveway..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.K View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I should have said I’m looking for an auto gearbox and the Outlanders is really tractable and pretty unobtrusive, im afraid pure electric cars still don’t have the kind of range that will prevent me from chewing my nails every time I start off on 100mile each way journeys -and- ones that do boast longer ranges are just too expensive for me right now.
    Sooo unless I can squeeze out an even better deal with the garage it looks like I need to once again consider diesel as an alternative for the next few years.
    My other car is a Nissan X trail diesel and frankly while it’s not exactly a scintillating drive neither can I really fault it -but- I just didnt fancy two diesels sitting in the driveway..

Hi, I’ve had one. They are awful, will do 130 miles on the Petrol tank and not very nice to drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV anyone got one?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.K View Post

Look at the Hyundai Kona E or Kia Niro E, both can be had for just over £30k now so about the same as the Outlander. Their ranges are about 250 miles.

The new Skoda Enyaq is just about hitting the streets now and, again, can be had for just over £31k with a 60kwhr battery; the 80kwhr is about £40k though.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 26th May 2021 at 08:45.

I looked hard at an Outlander a few years ago, when they largely had the PHEV market to themselves. I didn't get one though.

A friend had bought one and was very pleased with it, buthe's since moved on to a Tesla.

I think they are fairly old tech now - solid and competent, but there are so many other options. Interior now very dated, and the car itself is very s-l-o-w...

Still, maybe worth considering if you are getting an exceptional deal, if not, lots of other options these days.
    So clever my foot fell off.

I looked at them, but I ended up getting a BMW 225xe Active Tourer. I couldn’t fault it at all. I only sold it as I have been WFH since Covid came about and it sat on the drive. It was comfortable, spacious, quite nippy and I achieved a real world 80mpg. It was a great PHEV. For the record it’s identical under the skin to the Mini Countryman PHEV in case you prefer the look of that model instead.

Well I just had a test drive in the new 2.4 L outlander and it’s a significant improvement on the old 2 L model plus they’ve given the battery a bit more capacity too.
    Just found the last ‘Dynamic’ model in a decent colour that (due to Mitsubishi leaving the EU and UK car market although servicing will still be taken care of by dealers) will be bargaintastic if they accept my offer :0)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Just something to be aware of if you plan to service at a MD. It is likely they will take on a different franchise as that's their business model. This will have a knock on effect on the volume and potentially quality of work as techs are let go or retrained on a new (to them) product.

My wife had the non phev, 2016 diesel version for a few years. It was a well appointed and comfortable vehicle for the family. No problems with reliability. Plenty power. What I didn't like was that it was quite wallowy to drive on smaller roads. Felt a bit like trying to steer a boat. I got used to it but didn't gel with it for that reason.

Master
    Colleague of mine bought one, he sent it back within the week as one of the worst cars he had ever driven, slow and dull.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

The new Skoda Enyaq is just about hitting the streets now and, again, can be had for just over £31k with a 60kwhr battery; the 80kwhr is about £40k though.
    I think you’d be lucky to get hold of one this side of 2022

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post
    I think you’d be lucky to get hold of one this side of 2022
    Yep, my local Skoda dealer down here in Worthing reckoned Spring 2022 if I wanted to put a deposit down…