closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: PSA - Free Money

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I can not understand the popularity of this brand.

Brand heritage = no

Attractive watch = marmite

Technical excellence = no

Especially the latter item where they couldn’t even get it right across a small number of limited edition pieces, not mass produced items. Very poor QC.
    Used to post on TZ = yes

I think Ming gets a lot of support here for that alone.

What some see as strong brand design theme others see as a one trick pony.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/all/ming-...id20417781.htm

Just seen one at 11k +, a little optimistic:)

PSA - Free Money

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I don't see where anything along those lines was actually said. Folk are just getting angry about an imagined scenario.
    “””Gavin bought a watch, and was unhappy with the unevenness of the lume on the hands of the watch – he reached out to Ming, and they explained this was normal, and within their standards. He disagreed, and they offered to take the watch back for inspection, but warned him that if they deemed it to be acceptable, they would not send it back, but refund him instead (and keep the watch).“””

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    “””Gavin bought a watch, and was unhappy with the unevenness of the lume on the hands of the watch – he reached out to Ming, and they explained this was normal, and within their standards. He disagreed, and they offered to take the watch back for inspection, but warned him that if they deemed it to be acceptable, they would not send it back, but refund him instead (and keep the watch).“””
    I'd have to wonder, if he was unhappy about the lume, why wouldn't he be happy with this solution?

Some of their quoted remarks about 'not making issues public' do seem a bit counter-productive, though.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

PSA - Free Money

“””Gavin bought a watch, and was unhappy with the unevenness of the lume on the hands of the watch – he reached out to Ming, and they explained this was normal, and within their standards. He disagreed, and they offered to take the watch back for inspection, and advised him that, as a goodwill gesture, if they deemed it to be acceptable they would refund him his money for the watch he wasn’t happy with (and retain the watch).“””
    FTFY!

Honestly, Ming are getting pilloried because they refunded an unhappy customer instead of telling him to F off!
    Last edited by Dave+63; 9th August 2021 at 16:49.

What are you quoting? I can write a story too, it's meaningless out of context. Who said these words and what role do they have in this?

The messages between the customer and Ming are posted earlier in the thread - that's the true source. At no point does the customer ask for his watch to be returned if the lume issue is not solvable. The customer did however describe the watch as an eyesore, so I think the presumption that he would want his money back is perfectly reasonable and was clearly outlined upfront. Again, people are getting bent out of shape because Ming acted as if dealing with an actual customer as opposed to a profit flipper... aka refund the unhappy customer rather than protect the flippers sale value despite him apparently disliking the watch...

If there's a message somewhere where Ming refuses to return the watch when asked, I'm onboard with the criticism. But I imagine if such a message existed it would have been the first one shared.

What are you quoting? I can write a story too, it's meaningless out of context. Who said these words and what role do they have in this?
    Easy tiger. See post #205

Easy tiger. See post #205
    Now see post #222 for the actual words that were said, as opposed to the blogger inventing a story out of it. My comments from previous post still stand, it's manufactured outrage over nothing.

Now see post #222 for the actual words that were said, as opposed to the blogger inventing a story out of it. My comments from previous post still stand, it's manufactured outrage over nothing.
    Calm down no need to get outraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Calm down no need to get outraged!

Mine is with Schwartz-Etienne and Ming have identified the issue and are in the process of making improvements to the movement which will also be implemented in all 17.09 models moving forward. They are also going to increase the warranty by a further 12 months.