closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is it possible to buy a new spare BB58 bezel ?

Is it possible to buy a new spare BB58 bezel ?

I intend to wear my BB58 (M79030N-0001) a lot and I like a nice bezel on my watches and I was thinking it would be good to have a spare for just in case I do at anytime in the future mark mine.

Ask your Tudor AD.

Im speculating, but I doubt you could just go and buy one, you may be able to get away with claiming you lost it, but they would probably only sell you one as part of a maintenance service.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Im speculating, but I doubt you could just go and buy one, you may be able to get away with claiming you lost it, but they would probably only sell you one as part of a maintenance service.
    Thanks Jason.

edit: Any idea what the current price would be from Tudor ?

I'd just get them to replace the insert when its in for a service

A couple of years ago, I took a full size BB into Rolex St James for service. Cost for a full service plus new bezel was £451.76 inc VAT. Looking at the itemised sheet, new bezel on it's own was £197.30 plus VAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    A couple of years ago, I took a full size BB into Rolex St James for service. Cost for a full service plus new bezel was £451.76 inc VAT. Looking at the itemised sheet, new bezel on it's own was £197.30 plus VAT.
    Thanks, so a full service without the bezel was £215, thats seems a really good price.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Thanks, so a full service without the bezel was £215, thats seems a really good price.
    Yep, I just double checked…£215. That was for a maintenance service on a ETA Black Bay Jan 2019. There was a scratch on the bezel and they asked if I wanted it changing but in the end I decided it wasn’t worth changing.

Journeyman
    I read somewhere that Rolex/Tudor don't service the in-house MT calibers - they do a swap out instead. Can someone please confirm?

Master
    Tudor MT calibre 3 handers are manufactured by Tudor, so why would you assume they can't service them?

- - - Updated - - -

Tudor MT calibre 3 handers are manufactured by Tudor, so why would you assume they can't service them?

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    I read somewhere that Rolex/Tudor don't service the in-house MT calibers - they do a swap out instead. Can someone please confirm?
    Find that highly unlikely.

Yes, I believe that’s correct. ETA movements are serviced, in-house swapped out. At least, that’s what appears to be the case - I’ve not verified it.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Find that highly unlikely.
    Looks like you're right, sorry. Quite anticlimactic.

While googling I've also been reading about the Kenissi movement company which is really Tudor/Chanel/Breitling. Wasn't expecting that either.

That's one thing that really puts me off Tudor... If I send my watch in for servicing, I want MY watch back from servicing. If a few parts need replacing so be it, but if you swap out the whole movement is it even the watch I sent in anymore? Feels like it's a different watch inside the old wrapper.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    That's one thing that really puts me off Tudor... If I send my watch in for servicing, I want MY watch back from servicing. If a few parts need replacing so be it, but if you swap out the whole movement is it even the watch I sent in anymore? Feels like it's a different watch inside the old wrapper.
    Got to admit, that wouldn't bother me in the slightest as I don't feel a personal attachment to part of the watch. In fact, they could probably swap the whole watch for a new one and I wouldn't be bothered. I think the only thing this practice would make me do is question the actual value of the watch I'd spent £3k on.

i haven't read the linked article, but I guess its just about expediency, swap the movement out and the old movement goes off to a service 'farm' and then that goes into the swap out system again?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Whilst we are talking about the BB does anyone know if its possible to get a half link for the 72040-HF11 bracelet ? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Whilst we are talking about the BB does anyone know if its possible to get a half link for the 72040-HF11 bracelet ? thanks.
    I can't see one on the parts list, only the full size links.
    You could phone St James ? I'm sure they would offer a definitive answer

Does the standard bracelet come with a half link? If not, I doubt the part exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Does the standard bracelet come with a half link? If not, I doubt the part exists.
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by animalone View Post
    I can't see one on the parts list, only the full size links.
    You could phone St James ? I'm sure they would offer a definitive answer
    Thanks

The linked thread explains a movement swap that was performed for a faulty watch under warranty.

I'd be happy with that. I think the same has been done for Rolex, but it doesn't mean that their movements are always exchanged rather than being serviced.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

I've now been wearing my BB58 for seven days 18/7 and it has lost a total of one second or 0.14 SPD :)

I found after wearing it for three days and resting it crown down at night it was losing about one second per day, I then rested it crown up and found it would gain about one second per day, now I have started resting crown down or up on alternative nights.

Pretty impressive (IMO).

Think I'd like to pick one up one day, only to try and bleach the bezel & see what a faded one would look like on BB58

Craftsman
    Someone has done it to a 58Blue;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEH-lVMHNHu

Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    Someone has done it to a 58Blue;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEH-lVMHNHu
    Yep seen & followed must say it does look ace

Craftsman
    Is it easy to remove the bezel insert ? I thought I read a while ago the bezel couldn't be removed without a tool only RSC have