closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NEW 2021 Citizen NB6004 Promaster Automatic

NEW 2021 Citizen NB6004 Promaster Automatic

Well, after Signature line diver, finally Citizen included sth. automatic in diver line-up; ref. NB6004-08E and NB6004-83E (rubber and bracelet).

So, duratec titanium all over, sapphire, new Miyota automatic cal. 9051 (antimagnetic, 28800bph, 42+hr pr), 46mm diam., glide diver extension. Bezel reminds me on 800m diver from the 90's. I like the design, overall appearance, and the price/quality ratio seems fair. For me the only negative thing is the bezel insert is not quite useful (not readable which is a must on a diver imo) and if I am to be picky (and I am) that horn endlink is sth that I hate because it extends the L2L and wr 200m only (300 or 500 would seem more solid).

But overall, the case line and specs. are top, compared to Seiko Shogun this is almost twice cheaper . Definetely would wear this 46mm beast...it has that X factor.

Waitting for reviews in this.

Go Citizen, looking forward to new offers from you
    Few web photos to follow...

Also, new aqualand's as a tribute to iconic 1300m (but also only 200m wr?!) and new aqualands depthmeters...

Last edited by martyloveswatches; 14th May 2021 at 07:38.

Apprentice
    I quite like it. Wouldn’t wear it - too tooly for me, but if I was a more active person I’d definitely see myself wearing that.

But would agree re the bezel - the fact it probably is a more tooly watch that people might actually use on hikes, diving etc. means the bezel would probably have been more useful on this than on most ‘desk divers’ - but it just doesn’t look usable from the pics.

I want to like the promaster divers but I think their design is stuck in the past, and not in a good way. That’s probably not a popular opinion.

The one exception is the BN0205, but at 45mm, it’s a lot of watch to wear.

The thing is Citizen/Miyota has great automatics and I always wished more models powered by 82xx/9015/ etc. and not just eco-drive. Hope more models to arrive...

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koriste?i Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I used to have quite a few Citizen Promasters (>10) around 12-15 years ago and was quite a fan. However I don't think they really moved on with the times, as most of the designs seemed stuck in the 80s/90s. I only have a a few now and they hardly get any wear.

This one still has pretty much the same handset as one from the early 90s and the same "Orca" face from over a decade ago - now that may not necessarily be a bad thing but it shows what I mean.

In general however, I do like the chunky looks but think that the knurling on the bezel face, combined with the exposed screw heads and raised numerals, is too much, especially when you already have the heavily serrated bezel edge too.

Almost like they couldn't decide which design feature they wanted on the bezel, so decided to combine all of them!

New watches. Still no reviews and live photos. NB6005 and NB6006 also to come...this dark grey titanium with dark green and gold also seems very very interesting

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koriste?i Tapatalk

Thought I'd bump this thread up, saw the watch on SJX, alas no live pics, but man this thing looks awesome! https://watchesbysjx.com/2021/06/cit...b6004-08e.html

On bracelet for around £600-700, I wonder how the bracelet is. Probably better than Seiko. Lol. Citizens answer to the Marinemaster, maybe? Definitely cheaper than Seiko and looks better build quality.

I quite like this. Quirky, big and bold. Prefer the darker one with yellow minute hand as in the pic is appears the bezel is slightly easier to read.

I did think “wow that must weigh loads!” but as it’s Ti this could be quite decent!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmul View Post
    I quite like this. Quirky, big and bold. Prefer the darker one with yellow minute hand as in the pic is appears the bezel is slightly easier to read.

I did think “wow that must weigh loads!” but as it’s Ti this could be quite decent!
    Jup! I’m mostly only into titanium nowadays and reckon this will wear well despite the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Here’s a little bump to ask if Citizen has anything similar but smaller than this one. (Much as I like a chunky dive watch, 46mm and that bezel are too big a combo for me.)

Love it, may be time to let my Pelagos go and buy something I will actually wear without worry lol

Grand Master
    I too like the look of that. But whether I'd wear it 40m down I am not so sure ..
    /vince ..

For my money the Citizen Promaster range has always had a lot to commend it, and yet it has always suffered from issues.
    The Ti technology (Duratect, Super titanium or whatever) has always been exemplary
    They often used single part case construction, comfy and robust.
    But they never did a decent tough watch with a fully functional bezel (the Antarctic and 4x4 bezels were ropey), and the date was always so tiny as to be useless,and yet they never did a no-date option.
    This new range is more of the same.
    The bezel issue is especially true here, more so now that fully lumed bezels are commonplace in the market at a much more economic price point. This bezel is all style over substance, much to its detriment.
    And the date is still micro. Pointless.
    D

I actually really like that their watches have decent lume and sometimes they get everything right the Altichron(Not current incarnation)was a nice watch a busy dial though oh and I totally agree with Sweets about His comments as regards to the Promaster range.

Master
    In case anyone’s interested, Citizen has followed the (excellent) NY0011 series with a new NY0013 range: https://citizenasialimited.com/

While I haven’t seen an NY0013 in the metal, I handled one of the NY0011 limited editions and was amazed by the build quality.