closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Real World Opinions on Apple iPad Pro Magic Keyboard

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Real World Opinions on Apple iPad Pro Magic Keyboard

Keep being tempted by one of these and reviews seemed divided and they are expensive. Anyone have one of these and if so what is your opinion of it please?

Journeyman
    Bloody expensive.

Does it turn the iPad Pro into a laptop replacement…no.

Does it mean that 90% of the time I use the iPad instead of the laptop…yes.

In hindsight would I buy it again…yes, absolutely.

It's worth the money as said above. Had the apple version with my previous ipad pro. I've now got the Logitech version for my latest iPad...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Keyboard-Generation-Trackpad-Connector/dp/B07W5JK9J8/

Great keyboard, as good if not better than apple's. Downside is the stand is not as good through and it's bulkier. But it's a lot cheaper.

Master
    Not real world experience, but I tend to think that if you want a keyboard, buy a laptop, and if you want an iPad, learn to type on it. Then again, there’s a reason 90% of my posts get edited after I read them back...

Master
    As above, expensive but superb. I've been through a few others and despite the price difference, the Apple one stands out as making a desktop/laptop almost redundant.

"Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Journeyman
    Not a big issue for me but it doesn’t half make the iPad heavy. Other than that, no complaints from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Troubled_Joe View Post
    Not a big issue for me but it doesn’t half make the iPad heavy. Other than that, no complaints from me.

Yes. It turns it into a small laptop in weight. I bought a cheap folding case for my iPad and stick it in that 90% of the time and just use my Logitech case if I'm travelling and think I'll need a keyboard.

Master
    A good device made great with the TrackPad in the Magic Keyboard, but you're paying the same as a MacBook Air, which is a better device, far more powerful and much neater.

It just depends if you need the touchscreen element (for drawing for example) of the iPad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubled_Joe View Post

This. Though I found the angle was limited - I would like that it could be tilted further back.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Some interesting and helpful comments thanks, still hovering!

Master
    Just tried one of these in an Apple store, and was sorely tempted, I will get one at some point. Partly because it’s a very convincing keyboard and trackpad that also makes a very neat case, while also flipping into being laptop style machine in a very solid and satisfying manner. But what really swings it is the ease of attaching and detaching it with magnets, it’s just so easy to switch for a folio case, which now works the same way. I’m a believer in trying to learn to type with the on-screen keyboard, it’s a skill you can learn and while it’s hard to be 100% accurate, it’s worth the effort. But if you really need to get something written on a deadline, it’s a game changer, and while it’s not exactly cheap, you almost get two devices. Probably the next iPad OS will really push the iPad to another level, but mechanically the magic keyboard creates a surprisingly appealing machine. Also FWIW a friend who has one said just get it!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Pulled the trigger on one last Friday, delivered Saturday. It was an unused boxed item from an eBay auction which was just over £90 cheaper than new and I am pleased to say it was as described with warranty until March 2022.

Initial impressions are very good with good key action and it's very well built. It is expensive but at the price I paid I am more than happy.

Thanks to all who offered advice.