closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ariel Nomad on order

Hybrid View

Master

Ariel Nomad on order

Another boring what car thread??

Actually, I’m not asking opinion on what car, but I’m going down to the Ariel factory this weekend to look at the Atom and Nomad and wondered if anyone on here had bought a Ariel, or driven one or knows much about them??

I am leaning towards the Nomad, but will look at both and may end up putting a deposit down. I think to get the most out of the Atom, I need to be planning track days, whereas the Nomad will be more usable (haha) for a sunny weekend or evening blast. There is a near 2.5 year waiting list from doing so, and there may be a new model out during that wait time in which case they will give me the option to go for that instead...
    Last edited by mtagrant; 22nd May 2021 at 07:45.

Master
    I had a drive of an atom a couple of years back and wow just wow, obviously not a comfortable place to sit or warm (quite a cold day) but the smiles generated just wow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My mate has an atom arriving this summer. You can put the and change I think as near as 6 months from build date.

I’ve spent more time on the Nomad configurator than I care to admit. Useless as a car, but what a toy!

Ariel themselves may be able to give you a steer (pun intended) as to which would suit your needs the best, either way it's a mighty fine problem to have. They'll most probably have a good idea as to what their customers use their cars for and why, either way unless your surname is Hamilton you're unlikely to get the most out of either variant on the road.

There are a good few videos on YT of both, I presume that you've gone through those? If it was for road use then I'd choose the Atom, personally.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Ariel themselves may be able to give you a steer (pun intended) as to which would suit your needs the best, either way it's a mighty fine problem to have. They'll most probably have a good idea as to what their customers use their cars for and why, either way unless your surname is Hamilton you're unlikely to get the most out of either variant on the road.

There are a good few videos on YT of both, I presume that you've gone through those? If it was for road use then I'd choose the Atom, personally.
    I have spent a lot of time on YouTube as you can imagine. I will drive both, but pretty sure the nomad will be best fit, as although mainly road use, the addition of a windscreen will be a big factor. To get the best of the Atom, I think I need to be more committed and take to a track, which I am less likely to find time to do

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    My mate has an atom arriving this summer. You can put the and change I think as near as 6 months from build date.
    I asked them if I had to choose even which car at the point of putting a deposit down, and the said that they would prefer it. They said needs to be finalised when it goes into build which is around 16-26 weeks before delivery, so ties up

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    I’ve spent more time on the Nomad configurator than I care to admit. Useless as a car, but what a toy!
    …and when you are sent the spreadsheet with options and pricing, you can double that time 😁

Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    I had a drive of an atom a couple of years back and wow just wow, obviously not a comfortable place to sit or warm (quite a cold day) but the smiles generated just wow.

I am hoping the same from both 👍

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    …and when you are sent the spreadsheet with options and pricing, you can double that time
    Indeed! Just checked my inbox, received August 2016.

I guess having a kid just prior explains why I remain Nomadless

Master
    Indeed! Just checked my inbox, received August 2016.

I guess having a kid just prior explains why I remain Nomadless
    Mine are 7 and 9 now, and I think they would love it… time to start looking again 👍

Master
    Blog Entries
    Had a couple of track days at Bruntingthorpe a fair few years back in the Atom it just has to be the most fun ever, and yes they are fast, and grip like hell.

Master
    Well I went down to Somerset last weekend with my 7 year old son to go to the factory and spent a few hours having a tour, being taken out for a ride, and then talking specification and ended up putting down a deposit for a Nomad. Waiting time will be 2 years and 4 months, so arrival September 2023…more certainty than a Rolex Sub at least 😁

They are a really nice bunch of guys and took plenty of time out including taking my son for a test drive. He was rather nervous before heading out, but came back with a massive smile

Started off with a few show models - first picture shows the original atom concept from around 25 years ago, and then bikes the company used to make as someone mentioned earlier on the thread:

Then we were taken out in the same car that Flintoff drove around Scotland in the lates series of Top Gear.

This is one of only 5 Nomad Rs being made and with extras cost over £100k! These are specifically made for the road rather than off-road bias

Had a quick look at second hand cars they are selling or prepping for sale.

….and now have a couple of years to think about my spec. None of it is fixed until the car goes into build, so will be in around two years from now. Current thinking is something like this, but have plenty of time to think about it and convince myself I need more and more boxes ticked!!

Brilliant! A long wait but it’ll be fun to amend the spec fifty times between now and then😆

Master
    Brilliant! A long wait but it’ll be fun to amend the spec fifty times between now and then
    I like the quote in this review, “ the longer I wait , the more I save up and keep amending the spec! “

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-re...s/ariel/nomad/

Steve

Master
    Brilliant! A long wait but it’ll be fun to amend the spec fifty times between now and then😆
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    I like the quote in this review, “ the longer I wait , the more I save up and keep amending the spec! “

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-re...s/ariel/nomad/

Steve
    Yes and yes. I think I may have already done it 50 times already. 😂

So cool! It will be awesome. That road version looks amazing too, but there is something so right about the chunky off road tyres on rally wheels.