closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Can anyone identify this watch?

Craftsman

Can anyone identify this watch?

Has anyone seen one of these before? The back story is that my brother and I bought one each from an army surplus shop in Catterick Garrison around 2004. They were new but had no box or paperwork. We paid £25 each for them.
    I wore it for a few years and remember having the battery changed a few times but alas it is now long gone.
    My brother sent me these pictures as he found his in a drawer last week when he was moving house.
    It’s got tritium tubes which still glow. I’ve done a bit of Googling but not found out much about them.
    It would be interesting to know if any of you have seen one of these before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trilux made early versions of the ACOG / SUSAT type optical sights for rifles.
    They were the company that first used tritium tubes as an illumination source

I am guessing these were a marketing piece or similar.
    It looks are very similar to the stocker and Yale 4xx watches that were issued in the 80s / 90s. The latter had plastic cases and only gained tubes from the 490 onwards.

Craftsman

Can anyone identify this watch?

Apologies for the slow reply. The thought did cross my mind that these were some limited run by Trilux for PR or demo purposes. I’ve encouraged my brother to get a battery fitted to see if it still runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bobbyf; 25th May 2021 at 17:14.