closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Braun AB 20/20 tb travel alarm clock.

Master

Braun AB 20/20 tb travel alarm clock.

This is more a clock talk than a watch talk topic. I like the design and simplicity of the AB 20/20 tb. I'm optimistic I'll be back travelling again soon and would love a simple travel alarm clock. I prefer to sleep with my iPhone as far away from the bed as possible. Does anyone know if Braun have a reissued version or if there is somewhere I could pick up an original. Google is failing me.

Braun did remake some of these models a few years ago. Probably more for nostalgia reasons than any other, I bought the voice control one. Unfortunately, it didn't feel the same quality as the original one and the tick was so loud that I eventually gave it to a charity shop.

Craftsman
    I have an original genuine made in Germany AB1 and it still works perfectly and i treasure it.The original versions of these clocks are iconic sought after modern designer collectables.The only way i know of finding an original of the model you show is to keep searching e-bay.Problem is you will be up against various collectors including the Blade Runner fans(a couple of different Braun alarm clocks were used in the original Blade Runner film). I have seen modern re-issues of the AB1 style but not a remake of the model you are looking for.
    Last edited by silver centurian; 11th May 2021 at 18:20.

Master
    Thanks both. I am a fan of Dieter Ram's work and design philosophy but I'm not a collectors. So I won't be paying a collector's prices for something I plan to use and probably abuse. I'll keep an eye on eBay. I'l see a small number of similar models, but all a fairly steep prices for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Thanks both. I am a fan of Dieter Ram's work and design philosophy but I'm not a collectors. So I won't be paying a collector's prices for something I plan to use and probably abuse. I'll keep an eye on eBay. I'l see a small number of similar models, but all a fairly steep prices for what they are.
    Seem to be one or two vintage items in the states around the £40-£45 mark
    Retro cool if you’re willing to pay the shipping or a US member could help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk