closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inguinal Hernia

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    GET WELL SOON , but do take it easy. I had the open sort, are you stitched or the metal staples, just being nosey...I ended up having to get a different pain killer, once the nerves, deeper tissues start healing it can sting a bit, but can be different for everyone so my doc said.
    Stitched....back on the Co codamal for the time being. Fingers crossed it will ease up over the next few days.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Stitched....back on the Co codamal for the time being. Fingers crossed it will ease up over the next few days.

I'd suggest give yourself a very gentle 2 weeks... I played mini golf a week after my surgery, the next day I couldn't move...Mrs P just reminded how she even said don/t be a dick and play mini golf!.
    Last edited by Passenger; 12th December 2022 at 22:27.

Blog Entries
    I had hernia surgery 5 years ago in my forties. Lucky I was in Bupa with work so was admitted 5 days after diagnosis. The surgeon recommended open surgery so that’s what I went with. Take it easy for the 1st couple of weeks as it will only anger it in the long run. I’m the pain does ease after a week. Painkillers were a god send but clogged me up terribly lol. Best of luck with the recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I had keyhole surgery to repair mine. Very uncomfortable for a couple of weeks, and epic bruising. I have always suspected that the surgeon did the repair in about 10 minutes, and spent the next half hour kicking me in the nuts.

@wildheart
    Pleased to hear you finally made it to the top f the list and are now on the path to recovery.
    Do please take notice of the advice they gave and take things easy. I had to add my full (8 week from memory?) recovery period into my diary in order to remind myself that I still had a way to go, as I felt better before I had fully 'repaired' inside, so wanted to get back outside lugging water buckets etc, as I found it torture watching my wife struggle with everything. If you go too early, then you will just set yourself back again and the chances of a successful surgery become less each time they repair you.

One side effect that I didn't mention in my previous post was that the whole left side of my groin was numb for a couple of months afterwards. The feeling finally came back, but it is still not 100% back to where it was pre-surgery.
    The other more positive result was from the bruising, as the resulting swelling of my man-conkers provided an impressive and welcome benefit - even if only short lived....

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I had keyhole surgery to repair mine. Very uncomfortable for a couple of weeks, and epic bruising. I have always suspected that the surgeon did the repair in about 10 minutes, and spent the next half hour kicking me in the nuts.
    That made me laugh so much, I’m sure my surgeon used my willy for purchase...as I think I can see his thumb print in amongst the black and blue!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post

Be careful with Co codamal. It constipates You and You don’t want to be straining at the moment.

Day 9 post op, man this is painful. Off the heavy drugs just use Paracetamol now, but still extremely sore. I think the 3-6 week recovery is very optimistic for me anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app