timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bridges in China

Bridges in China

With recent storms a couple of problems have emerged. See:

Master
    Blog Entries
    Reminds me of this https://youtu.be/j-zczJXSxnw

I worked on a network bridge design we named Taco in development ... bosses didn't like it ...

That's so unfair to be dozens of other top stories in the news today, maybe start a thread for each of those too.

Craftsman
    "So many glass-deck bridges have been built in recent years and are very popular with tourists."

Not with me. No way, Jose, not in a million years. Oh no. NOT.

Some time ago I went up the CN Tower in Toronto, and at the top it has small, very thick, glass panels in the floor, where it overhangs...well just 500m of nothing between you and the ground. I could not stand on one of those panels, so I don't know why anyone would willingly go across one of those glass bridges.

The last time I went on top of the dome of St Paul's in London was too much. I have now learnt my lesson, and keep well away from high places.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    "So many glass-deck bridges have been built in recent years and are very popular with tourists."

Not with me. No way, Jose, not in a million years. Oh no. NOT.

Some time ago I went up the CN Tower in Toronto, and at the top it has small, very thick, glass panels in the floor, where it overhangs...well just 500m of nothing between you and the ground. I could not stand on one of those panels, so I don't know why anyone would willingly go across one of those glass bridges.

The last time I went on top of the dome of St Paul's in London was too much. I have now learnt my lesson, and keep well away from high places.
    Can I refer the honourable gentleman to this thread I posted a few years ago?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...t=Glass+bridge

Master

SydR

Bridges in China

The Grand Canyon Sky Walk is a glass horseshoe shaped walkway that hangs out over the canyon 240 metres below. I’ve flown below it in a helicopter and thought it looked fun. Mrs Syd though the opposite.
    Last edited by SydR; 10th May 2021 at 15:59.

I quite like the glass floor in Tower Bridge

Craftsman
    I take some acclimatising, spend the first few minutes feeling like the buildings falling over, then love it. 450m Tokyo sky tree is the tallest I’ve been up.

When they opened the treetop walkway at Kew you were meant to go the opposite way round so the slatted floor would look like it wasn’t there, but people kept crawling around so they switched direction!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    With recent storms a couple of problems have emerged. See:

What’s more bizarre about all of this is why on earth would you sit in your car at the end of a dangerous bridge filming it?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    What’s more bizarre about all of this is why on earth would you sit in your car at the end of a dangerous bridge filming it?
    On the road to somewhere and expecting to cross the bridge you arrive to find it like that. Not unreasonable to record the scene from the safety of your vehicle at the road's end, IMO. It's not something you see everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    On the road to somewhere and expecting to cross the bridge you arrive to find it like that. Not unreasonable to record the scene from the safety of your vehicle at the road's end, IMO. It's not something you see everyday.
    Yeah I suppose, I guess if it were me I would be heading in the opposite direction in case something goes flying through my windscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I quite like the glass floor in Tower Bridge

Have you pushed that small child over in order to get a better view?

So clever my foot fell off.