closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: This just purchased Yea or Nay?

This just purchased Yea or Nay?

Can't quite decide the packaging was superb the watch is beautifully made and number 44 out of a limited run.

Very different and certainly makes a change to the run of the mill Black diver. It is always nice to see something different. Not the kind of watch I would wear, but if it makes you happy that's all that matters.

What is it anyway, how about a few details

Cheers My Friend its by Anicorn its the NASA Mars mission watch You see the hexagonal disc in the centre well that's the seconds hand the Blue circle the hour and the red dor is representing minutes and Mars the red planet its actually created by an Engineer who worked on design of the Mars Rover buggy hence the time is 12.16.Oh its powered by Miyota 9015 auto movement hand winding and a thick Sapphire Crystal with AR coating I've also got a bracelet in the packaging.
    Last edited by Boeingdriver; 9th May 2021 at 12:34.

Being able to tell the time is overrated.

Vive la difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Boeingdriver View Post
    Cheers My Friend its by Anicorn its the NASA Mars mission watch You see the hexagonal disc in the centre well that's the seconds hand the Blue circle the hour and the red dor is representing minutes and Mars the red planet its actually created by an Engineer who worked on design of the Mars Rover buggy hence the time is 12.16.Oh its powered by Miyota auto movement and a thick Sapphire Crystal with AR coating I've also got a bracelet in the packaging.
    Cool, so it's set for Sols instead of days

This! More details please.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Very different and certainly makes a change to the run of the mill Black diver. It is always nice to see something different. Not the kind of watch I would wear, but if it makes you happy that's all that matters.

What is it anyway, how about a few details

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    This! More details please.
    Hi posted a brief description of the watch its very different the Crystal is really thick its WR to 50 Metres not that I'd go swimming but it was ticking straight out of the very luxurious packaging.The Miyota is a 9015 hand winding movement the Ceown at 4 O'Clock position is simply a pull out Crown not screw down or screw in there is a display back caseback i'll try and take photos later to illustrate the movement.

I like it, although the covered numerals would annoy my OCD. Maybe loosen the strap before your hand goes blue though ...

I'm a fan of quirky and different, but if you're looking for honest opinion this doesn't do anything for me personally.

It's a nay from me.

[EDIT]Just to add some reason, too much of the digits covered up on the dial for me. Good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 9th May 2021 at 15:04.

I think it’s cool
    It’s always good to see something I know nothing about or have never heard of.

You guys are really the best thanks for all the input I'm going to have it swapped onto the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boeingdriver View Post
    Can't quite decide the packaging was superb the watch is beautifully made and number 44 out of a limited run.
    Add me to the list of people that really like this: very cool, very different.

Somewhat surprised to find that Anicorn is a UK based company, too, albeit with a foot in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Add me to the list of people that really like this: very cool, very different.

Somewhat surprised to find that Anicorn is a UK based company, too, albeit with a foot in Hong Kong.
    Really I thought they were solely Hong Kong based really appreciate the heads up no wonder they're quick to reply on Messenger.

What a neat looking watch. Very nice!

It's a yes from me. I like to see something out of the ordinary and this is certainly that.

Mitch

Master
    No, No, NO! A thousand times NO!

I like the idea but am afraid the novelty would soon wear off. Atleast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I like the idea but am afraid the novelty would soon wear off. Atleast for me.
    Yeah, I fear the same - I can cope with that on a £200 quartz Xeric, but I suspect that was a little dearer (ETA, not as dear as I suspected, though).

Still, it'll always be fun when you do wear it.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 9th May 2021 at 15:41.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    I wonder if the appeal of this watch is in the movement of the hexagon, but I cant quite work out which bit moves. I like interesting and different watches but when they try to introduce a novel way of displaying the time, they usually fail. I think this one is actually quite legible, but not a watch I'd buy (although I'd be happy enough to wear it).

Master
    I really like that. Nice pick up.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Oh Good God,No!

I love all the varied responses from outright horror to the likes it’s what makes Our hobby so enjoyable the thrill of the hunt the acquisition then the sad truth it funds something else I’m so far finding it cool but them I am a weirdo😊!

Definitely a thought provoking watch and design.
    Whether I’d want one would depend on the price!
    Now where’s the photo on the bracelet?

I doff my cap to you for buying something different, it’s far too easy to buy a homage/exactalike and good on the company for coming up with a unique design.

With that said it’s not for me, then again I’m a boring black diver/Speedmaster type a guy.

Grand Master
    Different....but overall a no from me

- - - Updated - - -

Different....but overall a no from me
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I like innovation like this and always applaud new ideas but I’m very conservative in what I buy. Glad it exists but not for me; well done all the same, enjoy it!

Craftsman
    It’s a nay from me but fair play for trying something different

Gents I applaud each of You for Your thoughts now that I'm used to it initially telling the time took a few seconds but now its second nature oh the watch is linked to the Jezerro crater where the Rover parachuted down to.

Not for me - but if you like it why not?