closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bi-Fold Doors (and windows)

Master

Bi-Fold Doors (and windows)

Following from the Front Door thread...

We are looking for the lot, front door, bi-folds, windows.

We have had Schuco Bi-fold before. I am not a big fan of bi-fold in general (as they are not used often for us) and had thought we would go sliders this time. However, although sight lines are narrow on sliders which look great, I cannot get on with the wide floor profiles and the doors are HEAVY to move.

We have been to see Origin and Schuco in showrooms. I had thought we may switch to Origin this time, they looked fine but Schuco just felt more solid, could be my imagination.

Are there any others I should be throwing into the mix?

Front doors: I love the Origin front door and looks like I may head that way.
    Windows: Not sure, possibly just go same brand as the doors, but could go lower cost as not used as often I guess and just need to look good and function well. Any ideas welcome!

Bi-Fold Doors (and windows)

We have aluminium bifold and if it was my choice, never again, but if forced and capitulate, probably Schuco (which we don’t have unfortunately) and nothing else.

My choice would be heavy Scandinavian sliders in a solid frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 8th May 2021 at 20:20.

A colleague of mine does this very thing . The soft touch , one finger movement type doors. Generally works on a Grand Designs kind of house. He’s calling tomorrow.
    I’ll ask him. He also knows plenty of people in London who do the same kind of project.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    A colleague of mine does this very thing . The soft touch , one finger movement type doors. Generally works on a Grand Designs kind of house. He’s calling tomorrow.
    I’ll ask him. He also knows plenty of people in London who do the same kind of project.
    Brilliant, thanks.

Craftsman
    When we did ours 2 year ago, we decided to go with sliders rather than bifolds. Evaluated a whole bunch of brands including Schuco, ID Systems, Maxlight, Kloeber among others. While their profiles are not thin, we went with Schuco in the end - they just seemed the most reliable...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    When we did ours 2 year ago, we decided to go with sliders rather than bifolds. Evaluated a whole bunch of brands including Schuco, ID Systems, Maxlight, Kloeber among others. While their profiles are not thin, we went with Schuco in the end - they just seemed the most reliable...
    How do you find the floor profiles? Maybe I am over thinking this. How big is your opening? I have looked at a few of the brands on your list too!

Craftsman
    One set of doors was 4.4m wide by 2.7m tall; the other was slightly smaller. Floor profile was great - pretty close to flush with the tiles.

Master
    If you are in London go and have a look here http://www.alukdesignstudio.co.uk/
    Or a little further out these guys have a really good showroom https://www.homehubgroup.co.uk/

Schuco would probably be the best as far as quality doors go.