closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thumb arthritis. Any suggestions

Thumb arthritis. Any suggestions

Hi all. Started getting pains a few years ago on and off but not too bad.
    Now though especially my left thumb throbs. and is painful and swollen most of the time
    Both my mum and dad had arthritis.
    Any ideas or remedies ?
    Gonna make a docs appointment Monday
    Using ibuprofen gel and taking paracetamol at the mo
    Cheers

Master
    Me too. Hard to grip things.

Naproxen works wonders. Best see your GP and best of luck.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    +1

Turmeric with black pepper capsules were recommended to me.

No idea if they work.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Now though especially my left thumb throbs. and is painful and swollen most of the time
    Any ideas or remedies ?
    Cheers
    1 teaspoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar(with the mother) in a small glass of water 1st thing in the morning, recommended to me, takes a little getting used to apparently stops the build-up of excessive calcium and very good for the gut, which I know is true, also try cutting down on caffeine. Good luck

Sorry I can’t offer specific advice but this reminds me of my Dad a few years ago who got really worried about numbness and pains in his hands. He went to Harley Street as he was convinced he had MS or something serious. Turned out he was addicted to playing Tetris on his (much younger) partners Gameboy and had a case of ‘Nintenditis’! I’m not sure this was a medical term but it caused much hilarity at the time - apparently he was playing it in the waiting room at the surgery and carried it into the consultation - which made the diagnosis a cinch for the chuckling Doc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Any ideas or remedies ?
    Cheers
    Useful info here:
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/abou...ons/arthritis/ but seeing the doc makes sense. Have a look at symptoms, is there any pattern to it being better/ worse etc and mention family history etc. Good luck.

Cheers all. Trying the Apple cider vinegar.
    And got some cbd oil drops. Gonna give it a go for a week or so

Apple cider vinegar and CBD oil is not going to take away swelling and throbbing. Some joint pathologies benefit massively from early intervention. Early intervention completely changes the course of disease.

I humbly suggest you see your GP ASAP. Tell the reception person you have painful and swollen joints. They won't be any resistance to making an appt if you tell them that. I highly suspect they'll refer you for urgent rheumatology assessment (to be seen within 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    Apple cider vinegar and CBD oil is not going to take away swelling and throbbing. Some joint pathologies benefit massively from early intervention. Early intervention completely changes the course of disease.

I humbly suggest you see your GP ASAP. Tell the reception person you have painful and swollen joints. They won't be any resistance to making an appt if you tell them that. I highly suspect they'll refer you for urgent rheumatology assessment (to be seen within 3 weeks).
    Will do cheers. Just found the x ray card I should of went for when I first went to the doctors. But it eased up so I didn’t think I needed an X-ray. Bloody 2016.
    Wonder if I can still use the x ray appointment card ?

Master
    Had something similar issue. After a consultation I ended up having a trapeziectomy (sp) and it’s been fine since and that was about 10 years ago

Took advice. Spoke to gp this morning went for x rays this afternoon and bloods tests next week. Cracking service