Hi everyone,

So after having a quick browse one some car auction sites in the UAE (whilst bored at work ) I have spotted a very rare gem of a car which is currently sat covered in layers of dust in the middle of Dubai, its a police repossession auction but this thing must have been sat there for a few years and on top of the missing bumper and other odd parts it could be an absolute bargain and a great project.

The problem is the auction finishes tomorrow evening and I have no idea about UAE to UK shipping, on top of this the car comes with out any paperwork so the auction house has put it down as 'scrap' as its not transferrable in the UAE but can I import and then register the car in the UK?

The VIN checks out, from what I understand its been a repo years ago but due to the amount of cars and legalities there it can take these cars years to go to auction, they then just sit in the middle of the desert awaiting terrible photos before being put online.

Its not a huge amount of money, I will probably put about 5-8k on the auction, expect to pay about 1-2k in shipping and fees but its still super cheap at that price.

Any advice on this would be appreciated, I have contacted a couple of shipping companies in UAE and awaiting their reply however with it being late on a friday afternoon there now I am not expecting much until Monday at least and the auction will have ran out then, plus I need to pay and ideally move the car from them within 2-3 days.

I am keeping the car secret for now though, if I win it then I will keep you all updated of course!