closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watchfinder on-line estimates

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I wouldn’t set too much store by their in-house service centre.
    Probably depends upon what they require of it.

Fixing something glaringly obvious - like a broken date function - before a watch is made available for sale I would deem mandatory, and is undoubtedly easy & cheap for them to do in-house.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'inspection' most watches get is very perfunctory, to check they run well enough and clean them up a bit. I'm under no illusions that each passes through close scrutiny & servicing by a master watchmaker. Might even transpire to be more cost-effective overall to do it that way and just fix what comes back under warranty.

But then most of the second-hand watch industry probably works like that, to an extent.

I often think it's no wonder Rolex is such a staple of second-hand watch sellers - not only do they virtually sell themselves at a premium, but they are reliably tough, and even if one does happen to come back with problems, well a five-year warranty probably helps with that too.

Craftsman
    I have had what I would class as a reasonable offer for a watch and thinking of sending it off using their courier service.
    Anyone got any experience with this and is it as straight forward and 100% secure as it seems ?

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    For high-value watches (>£20k), I personally wouldn't feel comfortable posting it to strangers (WF) - what's to stop them doing something disingenuous (e.g. at worst, switching it for another)? Even if I had handed it in to WF personally, I'd like to keep it in sight at all times. I don't think of myself as that untrusting either.
    Are you seriously suggesting that Richemont, the company that owns brands including; Cartier, IWC, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Montblanc, Panerai, Vacheron Constantin, and Watchfinder would try to defraud their customers? And you say you’re not untrusting?

Presumably you’ll never be sending them a watch to service?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    I have had what I would class as a reasonable offer for a watch and thinking of sending it off using their courier service.
    Anyone got any experience with this and is it as straight forward and 100% secure as it seems ?
    Extremely simple. DHL will deliver you all you need including packaging, labels and even protective polystyrene! Then you go on DHL website and arrange collection. They come the next day if you want. From there onwards it takes about 3 days to have the money in your bank.

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    I was quoted £5K for my 2020 Rolex Air King last week. I paid retail £5150 for it last year.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Is that good or bad?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Extremely simple. DHL will deliver you all you need including packaging, labels and even protective polystyrene! Then you go on DHL website and arrange collection. They come the next day if you want. From there onwards it takes about 3 days to have the money in your bank.
    Completely agree, I had a similarly seamless transaction when selling two watches, only it was slightly better, as I managed to complete the DHL paper work quickly and the same courier who dropped off the packaging collected it with the watches inside, just two hours later. Similarly, after inspection the next day, I was given a confirmed offer and money direct transferred to back account the day after that. It is a really good and easy process IMO.

Craftsman
    Sounds the way to go. Thanks for the info, think that's where it will go then.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDSSD View Post
    Completely agree, I had a similarly seamless transaction when selling two watches, only it was slightly better, as I managed to complete the DHL paper work quickly and the same courier who dropped off the packaging collected it with the watches inside, just two hours later. Similarly, after inspection the next day, I was given a confirmed offer and money direct transferred to back account the day after that. It is a really good and easy process IMO.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Sounds the way to go. Thanks for the info, think that's where it will go then.
    If you do go down this route, take a photo of the label you stick on the parcel......... it is the only item in the packaging that has the tracking number on and you can track progress and delivery before WF confirm it.

If you do go down this route, take a photo of the label you stick on the parcel......... it is the only item in the packaging that has the tracking number on and you can track progress and delivery before WF confirm it.
    Very good tip! I sent mine off and hadn't done this and realised I had no details about what I had just sent!

Craftsman
    Thanks for the additional advice.

I sent them my bottom end Bremont MB, I declined their offer and they are delaying sending it back.

Craftsman
    Just completed a sale to WF and to be fair all went great.
    Got what I asked for and from WF sending the the packaging to getting paid took 5 days.
    All positive from me.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I requested a quote for one of Eddie's watches, just out of interest - they weren't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Is that good or bad?
    I thought it was pretty good offer. Yes I probably could have sold it privately for more but I didn't want the hassle that might follow.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk