closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nomos Club - which size to go for.

Nomos Club - which size to go for.

Bit of a waffling post but having read lots of reviews and watched videos I’m still not sure what size
    would be best, ordinarily would take a trip to London and try them but it’s a bit of a trek and
    still not that keen do do it at the moment plus seems most ADS don’t seem to have all the watches.

So asking the opinions of any owners on here.

Am looking to get a Nomos Club, prefer with black or dark blue dial so that has narrowed it down a little to:

Nacht 38 which is 38.5 - Anthracite
    Campus Neomatik 39 which is 39.5 - Midnight blue
    Campus Neomatik 37 which is actually 37 - Atlantic blue.

Ruled out the 42 as too big and the 36 as too small.

The lug to lug on all these are about the same which logically should mean
    the 39 should have the shortest lugs but looking at pictures doesn’t seem to be
    a big noticeable difference.

Could probably stretch to a new 38 but the Neomatiks would have to be used but am happy go either way.
    I like both the standard and Campus dial and don’t mind manual or automatic.

Wrist is 6.75” and fairly flat, I don’t have anything similar to use as a comparison closest is Rolex 6424 36mm which is as small as I would want to go and being vintage smaller size suits it plus has very different shape case and lugs.
    My sweet spot for a diver or similar is 40/41 I do have a Pam 722 which is 42mm and mainly dial but completely different case shape and short lugs and it’s meant to look chunky.

Ideally would go with blue and if I was just going on straight looks I’d pick the 39 as feel it’s a nicer blue but have a nagging feeling it may look too big 2nd would be the 37 but worried might look small.....

Any thoughts input appreciated.

Have a look here - https://forum.tz-uk.com/search.php?searchid=24407502 - my wrist is seven and a half inches, and might geve you a few more pics. I've sold the 36mm version, and a 39mm, too. The lugs tend to be long on Nomos watches, but that can easily be disguised with a NATO or the like.

They're solid watches - I liked them very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Have a look here - https://forum.tz-uk.com/search.php?searchid=24407502 - my wrist is seven and a half inches, and might geve you a few more pics. I've sold the 36mm version, and a 39mm, too. The lugs tend to be long on Nomos watches, but that can easily be disguised with a NATO or the like.

They're solid watches - I liked them very much.
    Link doesnt bring up anything

Hmm, does on my MacBook!

Journeyman
    I wouldn't rule out the 35mm - wears very big, have you any way to try them on? I wear a 35mm tangente with a larger wrist than you.

I have the same size wrist as you and would get the 39.5 myself but all would look fine.

Its just what you like, none of those look silly on 6.75 wrist.

My main want for one of those would be to have a display back, they have nice looking movements if i recall.

Craftsman
    I wear a Orion Neomatik 41 Date 360 (40.5 mm case, 50.7 mm lug to lug) on my 6.7" wrist (we could be twins!). What really helps with these Nomos watches is they are slim and light, and they "hug" your wrist. I would not hesitate to go for the Campus Neomatik 39 based on size alone. I think the weight is about 50-70 g - depending on whether you get the strap or bracelet.

I wear my Orion on a strap, and the weight in total is only 50 g. I think this makes a real difference - it is nothing like wearing a thick, top heavy diver of a similar case width. With the Nomos you get a lovely "statement" dial on your wrist, but which is really unobtrusive when you are not looking at it.

I wouldn't rule out the 36mm. It wears bigger than dimensions suggest. On my 7" wrist:

The lugs are long and gappy.

Nowhere close to me I can try them otherwise wouldn’t be a problem.

This is the 37 and 39 apparently on a wrist same size as mine but still can’t decide, think it’s because
    they are so different to everything else I have.

This is the 36mm Rolex on my wrist, photo makes it looker bigger than in reality

Last edited by TBKBABAB; 6th May 2021 at 17:29.

The Nomos' do wear big due to the lug length mate.
    Much larger than a 36mm datejust.
    Even on an 8" wrist it looks luggy (if that's even a word)

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickyboyo; 6th May 2021 at 17:46.

I had the 38.5mm date version and that was a stretch on my 7” wrist due to the long lugs.

However I think the proportions are better in 38.5 than 36. I would be tempted by the 37mm version.

Journeyman
    With your wrist size - which is similar to mine - there is no obviously right or wrong choice (other than the 42 which you have sensibly ruled out). I have tried a couple of them in store, I just can't remember which was my preference - sorry. As others have said, the lugs are long on all Nomos watches - one of the things I'm least keen on. The style of the Club offsets this a little bit as it's less minimalist than some of their other designs, but still the lugs are longer than on most other watches.

So, I think you could carry them all off but the best choice might come down to whether you like a larger watch on your wrist or a smaller one. I think the 37 would be the obvious choice, but as I say, you'd be ok with the others if you don't mind a larger watch. I like the bluer models you mentioned rather than the grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I wouldn't rule out the 36mm. It wears bigger than dimensions suggest. On my 7" wrist:

The lugs are long and gappy.
    Yep 36 is perfect (I have a 6.75” wrist).

Journeyman
    I also wouldn't rule out the 42 Sport as the lugs are far shorter (proportionally) than the rest of the Club range. The others just looks a bit odd with those massively elongated lugs.

Seems like there probably isn’t a simple answer looking at all the different opinions, luckily a TZer has very kindly offered to lend me a 36 to try, think this will give me a good idea what will work and look right.

The only watch I got rid of because of the lug to lug was a Longines legend diver 42mm dia which was ok but 52.5 lug to lug, I now try not to go over 48-49.

I was about to jump in saying I thought I’d pick up a club campus 38 a few years ago and felt they were surprisingly large on wrist. Ended up buying a funnel 36 and I love it.
    I have a 7 inch wrist, and very flat

Starting to think that the 39 is probably going to wear too big so will wait to try the 36 and then decide between the 37
    and 38, they don’t make the 36 with a black or blue.