closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA: High Quality Luxurious Handmade Watch Rolls

PSA: High Quality Luxurious Handmade Watch Rolls

Hi guys.

If you are like me and like to present your watches in a nice luxurious case then give this guy a try. You won’t regret it.

I expect many of us on the forum have bought many watch cases and rolls over the years from Amazon and eBay etc - you know the low end quality stuff which serves a good purpose, but doesn’t scream quality or luxury.

I often liked the idea of storing my watches in a watch roll (that doesn’t roll!) and also having a display mat or soft area to change straps etc all built in to the design.

I looked for many watch rolls online and the only one that I could see that fitted all my criteria was one made by Bennett Winch - but I wasn’t going to pay £600 for it!!!!

Anyway, I have come across Kauffman handmade hex watch rolls who offer the same high quality and design for a quarter of the price! I have no affiliation with Kauffman, but thought credit is due where credit is deserved.

These cases are serious value for money if you are the sort of person who understands and appreciates excellent craftsmanship, design and quality.

Everything about it oozes quality - the button poppers snap and unsnap with absolute perfection! Extremely high quality soft leather outer and soft velvet interior. No nasty stitching on these.

Here is a link to the website. The guys name is Kofi and he is a true gent!

https://www.shopkauffman.com/

I understand Kofi is also in the process of making some 4, 2 and single cases too (which I will also be buying!)

Here is some photos of my 3 watch case, aka The Tegal, which arrived today:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I put a post up earlier asking for a watch roll recommendation as I don't like how my watches sit proud in the wolf watch roll with the case tight against the watch face.

This looks like it has more room inside

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That looks like a copy of the Bennett Winch roll, but somewhat cheaper.

https://www.bennettwinch.com/product...SABEgLIz_D_BwE

Edit. Just read the post and see you already know that.
    Last edited by ben4watches; 5th May 2021 at 19:40.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Flipping 'ell, this is an expensive place to browse! I couldn't resist and now looking forward to delivery - thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Flipping 'ell, this is an expensive place to browse! I couldn't resist and now looking forward to delivery - thanks for the heads up.
    Haha. You will be more than impressed. Enjoy!

Journeyman
    Good find - £35.00 shipping is very salty though, you're not saving as much after that factored in, plus you get a choice of colours.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Damn right it is, and that's before you get to the "Pairing Notes" on their website!

Now that you have this case how about dropping another €25k: "JLC Reverso Tribute to 1931; Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional; Rolex no date black dial Submariner; Grand Seiko SBGA011 Snowflake would never be out of place here"

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlee89 View Post
    Good find - £35.00 shipping is very salty though, you're not saving as much after that factored in, plus you get a choice of colours.
    not sure where you saw that it shows as free shipping on my computer ? and can choose between black or brown
    Last edited by Mike1988; 6th May 2021 at 10:40.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1988 View Post
    not sure where you saw that it shows as free shipping on my computer ? and can chose between black or brown
    Just noticed you're in Ireland so that's probably why its £35 for postage
    Last edited by Mike1988; 6th May 2021 at 10:40.

Master
    These are seconds, hence the discount. Same guy, same shop.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1988 View Post
    Just noticed you're in Ireland so that's probably why its £35 for postage
    Makes sense - then you've the VAT/processing fee as the mustard on top regardless of where you buy it. Goddamn Brexit killing the watch trade.

Thanks for sharing this, Mike - I've gone for the black. The seller is open to offers too, which make it almost half price. Beats carrying my watches around in some rolled up socks and the odd service case!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, Mike - I've gone for the black. The seller is open to offers too, which make it almost half price. Beats carrying my watches around in some rolled up socks and the odd service case!
    how much did you get it for ?

Journeyman
    Nice one - let us know how you find it with loads of pics - the 3 or 4 watch roll will be a contender if I upsize my collection

Quote Originally Posted by davidlee89 View Post
    I'm not seeing that on eBay - it says postage free

Ignore me, just seen the answer a few posts up.

Nice looking and practical. Not sure I would want to commit that size of wedge though having recently got an absolute bargain in the Wolf sale. And just how often have I managed to get away in the last year to use it?
    Last edited by Dr Wolff; 6th May 2021 at 19:05.

Mine arrived today and I'm delighted with it, thanks for posting.

Ordered one of the discounted eBay ones today. He doesn't say so in the eBay listing but he has one more vintage brown left (I got the other) and he accepted an offer. Looking forward to getting it.

Craftsman
    Just ordered the last Navy one!

Value wise compared to the ACM & Molequin they are a steal!

Mine arrived today
    Very happy with both the case and the service.
    Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

Last edited by Kevin; 10th May 2021 at 16:32.

Master
    Mine has also arrived today, really nice bit of kit and super fast delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Mine has also arrived today, really nice bit of kit and super fast delivery.
    Is your's the black / purple version? It does look more red than purple from your photos.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Is your's the black / purple version? It does look more red than purple from your photos.
    I would say Burgundy. It's a very deep wine red. I'm in the conservatory so huge amounts of light coming in.

My antique brown/khaki one rolled in yesterday. Very pleased and Kofi is a really great guy to deal with

Ordered one of the brown rolls on ebay yesterday and it arrived this morning, great service and only a tiny nick on one of the leather patches which could explain why it was discounted.

The inner holders are fractionally too big for my wrist size, I can clip my watches in place but I'm worried it may stretch the bracelet, so I'm using a rubber band to shape them a to more relaxed fit.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by welshmatt View Post
    Ordered one of the brown rolls on ebay yesterday and it arrived this morning, great service and only a tiny nick on one of the leather patches which could explain why it was discounted.

The inner holders are fractionally too big for my wrist size, I can clip my watches in place but I'm worried it may stretch the bracelet, so I'm using a rubber band to shape them a to more relaxed fit.

I also found the cushions to be a very tight fit for my bracelet watches (6.75in wrist). I've stuck them on anyway as I can close it, just tighter than I'd like. Hoping it'll ease over time. Now you have me worried that all my bracelets will stretch!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I also found the cushions to be a very tight fit for my bracelet watches (6.75in wrist). I've stuck them on anyway as I can close it, just tighter than I'd like. Hoping it'll ease over time. Now you have me worried that all my bracelets will stretch!
    I'm sure you'll be fine, mine are just under 6.5in and I really have to squash the cushion in, and you can feintly see the speedmaster logo imprint after!!

I ordered the brown roll. The quality is superb for the price point. I have since ordered another one. I also asked Kofi about other products and he is developing a 4 watch roll.

By the way has anyone come across a decent quality watch tray, similar to the the AD trays?

Received mine today, eBay seconds, and it’s amazing quality and communication from Kofi was spot on. I’m small wristed so agree re the cushions being large but can’t see any real issues

Craftsman
    I spoke to them today and they are working on a new design over the next couple of months so the cushion fits a smaller wrist. 6” is the minimum apparently and you need to squeeze the cushion hard to relax it a few times and then insert into a closed bracelet.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Hi guys.

Sorry to bump my old thread but thought it would be better to do the following review here than on a new thread.

So I decided to purchase Kauffmans new “Deluxe” watch roll. One day I can pass my watches and the case down to my children.

It was an expensive purchase for me, but having been speaking over email with Kofi (owner of Kauffman) I knew I wasn’t going to be disappointed with what arrived today.

The sheer quality and craftsmanship of the Kauffman Deluxe watch roll is simply breathtaking. The feel and smell of the materials reminds me of getting into a luxury super car. The watch pillows are soft yet firm enough to hold your watches firmly without the worry of stretching bracelets. The heft of the watch roll just feels solid and well constructed.

Again, like my previous review on the discontinued Kauffman Tegal watch roll - I have no affiliation with Kauffman but thought credit where credit is due should be shared, and what better place to share it than on a watch forum.

If you are someone who appreciates the finer things in life, the diverse design of luxury items and real quality, then treat yourself to one of these Kauffman Deluxe watch rolls and you won’t look back!

Keep your eye out for more Kauffman products in the near future. Kofi tells me that more diverse products are in the pipeline too.

Kauffman seem to be a small company with the right attitude - i.e small enough to care about what the consumer wants and very proud about what they manufacture and supply. Quality doesn’t seem to be jeopardised ever.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone make their decision and if not then I’m happy just to praise Kofi at Kauffman for his hard work in designing and manufacturing this superb heirloom watch roll.

Photos:

Am I being dense? I followed the link in the original post and these appear to be just short of 500 quid... which really isnt "a quarter of the price". Did I miss something obvious?

Edit :- yup, I did! I see now the link took me to the "deluxe" watch roll - presumably far more expensive.
    Last edited by Umbongo; 8th November 2021 at 15:14.

At £90 it was good value imo - but I sold it on as the cushions were too large for a 6.75" bracelet. I wonder if the cushions are now smaller in the Deluxe model (Kofi did say smaller cushions were in the pipeline). Too rich for my tastes, but I'm sure there's a market.

Master
    Seems now he's realised he can sell 3 watch boxes for £500, he no longer sells the £90 variant. Such a shame

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Seems now he's realised he can sell 3 watch boxes for £500, he no longer sells the £90 variant. Such a shame
    Isnt it...

Mentioned this in the WOLF PSA thread in Sales Corner a few days back. I was going to point people to Kauffmann instead as I considered them much better value for money, but sadly it seems that time has passed.

Can't comment on whether the new product is worth it or not without having tried it, but I won't be parting with £500 to find out personally.

PSA: A whopping 50% off DISCOUNT CODE on the superb Kauffman Deluxe Watch Rolls!!

Only valid until 22nd November and stock is limited until the next batch is made.

Hi guys. Kofi at Kauffman has asked me to post this Xmas treat for TZ forum members ONLY!

Grab yourselves a luxury Xmas treat!

A huge 50% off the superb Kauffman Deluxe watch rolls!

Use code: KAUFFMANDeluxeTZ

Thanks for the heads up Stonewood, the old ('standard'?) £90 ones were bloomin' good value for money but to be honest even at half-price/£250 I think the 'luxury' ones are over-priced.

(Just my opinion of course).

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD:
    If anyone is thinking of selling their old/standard one, please PM me, thank you. NOW SORTED, THANK YOU.
    Last edited by spuds; 16th November 2021 at 13:22.

Craftsman
    Do the new ones have smaller cushions?