closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cautionary tale

Quote Originally Posted by amii21 View Post
    So it arrived. Quite like it actually. The 44mm size is spot on, and the crown guard is nowhere near as intrusive as I expected. It also helps that the whole assembly is on the left of the case so it doesn't dig into your hand. I've had it on for a few minutes and it's extremely comfortable. I shall be keeping this, apologies to the taste police. Already got it at a substantial discount so not going to take a hosing if I move it on down the line.

Hey it's nice to see something different, absolutely no need to feel cautious the fact they aren't widely appreciated on here, good for you for going for it.

Like a couple others here I really do like the noseart models and if I saw one for a good price is be very tempted(although my missus would probably be discusted by the principal, haha).

Your one looks pretty damn good though and certainly wears well on your wrist. Sounds like you got a bargain, enjoy!

Without the 'hand grenade' apparatus at the side of the case, it would actually be a decent looking watch. However I'm not the one wearing it and if you like it that's all that matters. That's the great thing about watches, different styles for different tastes.

I like that, it looks very tactile. With that mechanism I would be looking for any opportunity to time something.

This thread has been an education - I hadn't appreciated the quality of build in these watches, nor the history of the crown and trigger mechanism. Ashamed to say I dismissed them on superficialities as gratuitous novelties - a wealthy person's Invicta if you will...

I now see them rather differently - aaaand I must stop viewing this thread, because the more I see of this particular model, the more I want one!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    This thread has been an education - I hadn't appreciated the quality of build in these watches, nor the history of the crown and trigger mechanism. Ashamed to say I dismissed them on superficialities as gratuitous novelties - a wealthy person's Invicta if you will...

I now see them rather differently - aaaand I must stop viewing this thread, because the more I see of this particular model, the more I want one!
    Thanks. The build quality is very high, certainly on a par with a number of other watches I've had (Blancpain, Omega, Breitling, etc). I think I lucked out on the price, since it's now gone back up to £4250/$6250 (I bought mine from AMJ watches at 50% discount). It's not been off my wrist since I got it, and I'm really growing attached to it. If you get a chance to try one on, I'd recommend that (sadly you're too far away from me, otherwise you'd be welcome to try mine on). Cheers.

Master
    Really like that. Looks nicer on the wrist shots than the pics at the top of the thread.

I agree that the watch looks better in the real photo but the lug fit of the strap (assuming it's OEM) looks to be very poor.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I agree that the watch looks better in the real photo but the lug fit of the strap (assuming it's OEM) looks to be very poor.
    yeah it's OEM. Just had a closer look by removing the strap and the it actually tapers in slightly at the lugs, for some reason. Not bothered by it though :)

Quote Originally Posted by amii21 View Post
    Thanks. The build quality is very high, certainly on a par with a number of other watches I've had (Blancpain, Omega, Breitling, etc). I think I lucked out on the price, since it's now gone back up to £4250/$6250 (I bought mine from AMJ watches at 50% discount). It's not been off my wrist since I got it, and I'm really growing attached to it. If you get a chance to try one on, I'd recommend that (sadly you're too far away from me, otherwise you'd be welcome to try mine on). Cheers.
    That's a kind thought, and for me, a potentially expensive one! I'm a sucker for day-date watches, chronographs, brown leather straps even (remind me of my days in the laughing academy), asymmetric dials... Damn nice watch. I will in all likelihood try one at some point when the opportunity presents itself.