closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 70 of 70

Thread: New Tudor Release? Marine Nationale

  1. #51
    Master Saxon007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    What translator did you use to get that? Google reckons there chocolate tarpaulins which is close ‘bache”

    Don’t think there is a translation of the actual word ‘Bachis’ it’s the name of the caps with the pom-pom
    the french navy wear i.e. like the box.
    The translator built into Edge thinks they are chocolate bastards. Google translates as yours did - chocolate tarpaulin.

    Neither sounds particularly appetizing.

  2. #52
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    9,622
    The Yema MN looks ok if you like logos and writing:


  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post


    From Tudors Instagram just now. Possibly a new Tudor Sub?
    Nothing announced, or have I missed something?

  4. #54
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Nothing announced, or have I missed something?
    No you’ve not missed anything, it’s all gone very silent! I wonder if it was all just a tease? Or whether they’re working to Australian time?!

  5. #55
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    4,964
    It would seem that Tudor's is a holding announcement, timed to coincide with Yema (and steal a little of their thunder) without having anything concrete to announce at the same time.
    More waiting for Tudor to extract their collective digit and produce the classics that we all know they are capable of.
    D

  6. #56
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    It would seem that Tudor's is a holding announcement, timed to coincide with Yema (and steal a little of their thunder) without having anything concrete to announce at the same time.
    More waiting for Tudor to extract their collective digit and produce the classics that we all know they are capable of.
    D
    Yes think that must have been it. Everybody (me included!) jumped to the conclusion there’d be a Tudor announcement yesterday too. Here’s hoping, when they do announce their partnership product, for that reduced size Pelagos (and if they’re going with a blue version, that it’s closer to the BB58 blue shade!).

  7. #57
    I found this link today , showing some pictures of the new Tudor

    https://hypebeast.com/2021/5/tudor-f...p-announcement

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by stan collector View Post
    I found this link today , showing some pictures of the new Tudor

    https://hypebeast.com/2021/5/tudor-f...p-announcement

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    They’ve just used a picture of the Bucherer blue/bronze black bay.

  9. #59
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    The BB58 and 94010 side by side. Obviously not blue but the differences between the two models are displayed.

    That old snowflake is stunning! If Tudor did a re-release I’d “pull the trigger” on that “bad boy” (!)

  10. #60
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    24,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    That old snowflake is stunning! If Tudor did a re-release I’d “pull the trigger” on that “bad boy” (!)
    I've said for ages a re released blue snowflake is about the only watch I'd consider queueing for.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  11. #61
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    1,513

    New Tudor Release? Marine Nationale

    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I've said for ages a re released blue snowflake is about the only watch I'd consider queueing for.
    And hopefully take the pressure off the Rolex sub. I can’t see a downside, I’m not sure they want their Rolex’s selling for so much over rrp so it could be the perfect solution all round.

    If it was circa 3.5k I think it would be my daily beater and I’d tap out of collecting for a bit. At that price you could wear it and not worry too much.

  12. #62
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,044
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    And hopefully take the pressure off the Rolex sub. I can’t see a downside, I’m not sure they want their Rolex’s selling for so much over rrp so it could be the perfect solution all round.

    If it was circa 3.5k I think it would be my daily beater and I’d tap out of collecting for a bit. At that price you could wear it and not worry too much.
    Isn’t that what they are doing with the 58?

  13. #63
    It would stop me wavering on that Silver 58!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #64
    Craftsman enndriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    337
    I really don’t see Tudor releasing a new snowflake sub anytime soon - it would pretty much kill the black bay line they have spent the last few years building. I know plenty of people would fall over themselves to get one, me included, but just don’t hold your breath!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #65
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,044
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    I really don’t see Tudor releasing a new snowflake sub anytime soon - it would pretty much kill the black bay line they have spent the last few years building. I know plenty of people would fall over themselves to get one, me included, but just don’t hold your breath!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never going to happen. Submariner is a Rolex property now.

  16. #66
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh, UK
    Posts
    283
    I remember hearing that the French Navy’s motto is:
    “To the water, this is the hour”

    Anyone else remember that gem from their school days?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #67
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    23,520

    New Tudor Release? Marine Nationale

    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairmc View Post
    I remember hearing that the French Navy’s motto is:
    “To the water, this is the hour”

    Anyone else remember that gem from their school days?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You remember wrong. It was phonetically how the French taught non-English speakers prostitutes to salute members of the Royal Navy when they arrived in French ports.
    (Allo, c’est l’heure!)
    (Tapatalk so no apostrophes, sorry)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  18. #68
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    London & Kent
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    You remember wrong. It was phonetically how the French taught non-English speakers prostitutes to salute members of the Royal Navy when they arrived in French ports.
    (Allo, c’est l’heure!)
    (Tapatalk so no apostrophes, sorry)
    Now that is a gem


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  19. #69
    Master Tenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,762
    Really miss my Snowflake. It even had dial rot!

    Looking forward to see what Tudor have planned.



    Found this old pic of it. Sold it for a couple of grand, complete with original folded link bracelet and a spare fat font insert from memory :(


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #70
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    4,964
    I think there is no doubt that Tudor will get round to releasing what everyone wants.
    It will not be called a Submariner, I am sure of that. They wouldn't dream of stepping on those toes.
    So it may be released as a smaller Pelagos (which is a Ti Snowflake anyway, complete with square indices).
    Or as an MN collaboration.
    But it'll come, eventually.
    The message they have got very clearly is that their most effective retro designs are what people want, and what generates waiting lists.
    The BB GMT, the original BB 58 and the BB 58 Blue are the only ones that they couldn't deliver enough of.
    The message has to get through, eventually.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information