closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What should I Buy

What should I Buy

Good afternoon
    I am looking to purchase another car and was thinking of helping the planet and getting either the Toyota CHR hybrid or going completely mad and getting a BMW i3 with REX So I placed a deposit on a nearly new CHR had a test drive and was underwhelmed so gave up on that idea and looked at the i3 after looking at dozens of reviews on Youtube and got quite interested but due to lock down have no chance of a test drive.So after joining a online i3 users group there are some regular niggles which I think would drive me mad after a while, ie fuel cap door not activating 12v battery failing only one tyre manufacturer at 200 pounds a pop the list goes on but its a interesting car.So I'm going back to a diesel enough of the green stuff and want a convertible as I have just sold my MR2 that I purchased from TZ around 5 years ago you might remember it a pretty silver one Ive had some fun with it never laid a spanner on it apart from oil and filters but a few rust bubbles I felt was the gypsys warning so it had to go and I could have sold it time and again.So I have whittled my choice down to either a BMW 2 series convertible with the 2ltr diesel Auto or the Merc SLK 250d auto 2015/16 I have no experience of either so any advice on what to look for would be very helpful.
    Regards
    Squashy1

I3 Rex owner

Fuel cap not opening - that’s due to not using it often, just pull the cord it opens - do it a few times it’s then working easily with a quick spray if wd40

Battery faults? News to me

Tyres - luck of the draw

Is it a great car - no, but depends what you want it for

I certainly would t buy ine of the 30 mile range phev crap things instead

However, I’m a little disgruntled s d see your point with going back to something with more wow myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I drive the 2.0 CHR in scorched!!! orange fully loaded and love it..... however when I did the first test drive I drove the 1.8.... chalk and cheese and wouldn't have bought the 1.8, and insisted on also test driving the 2.0 before I made a final decision...... it still might not be for you but just thought I'd share the experience......

what should I buy

Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    I drive the 2.0 CHR in scorched!!! orange fully loaded and love it..... however when I did the first test drive I drove the 1.8.... chalk and cheese and wouldn't have bought the 1.8, and insisted on also test driving the 2.0 before I made a final decision...... it still might not be for you but just thought I'd share the experience......
    Thanks Tintin thats the exact one I drove the 2.ltr and same colour perhaps I expected to much, although the salesman rubbed me up the wrong way he was unhelpful and quite rude.
    Thanks Squashy1

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by squashy1 View Post
    Thanks Tintin thats the exact one I drove the 2.ltr and same colour perhaps I expected to much, although the salesman rubbed me up the wrong way he was unhelpful and quite rude.
    Thanks Squashy1
    I get it, my other car is a 30 year old defender and family cars were an outlander PHEV (I wrote it off, not my fault) and before that a Landcruiser so I love jap cars, not used to fast cars and I think the CHR looks great but appreciate its marmite.....and I always go back to the same guy when I buy Toyota cos most salesman aren't great and it does make a big difference... good luck on your search :)

Master

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by squashy1 View Post
    Good afternoon
    I am looking to purchase another car and was thinking of helping the planet and getting either the Toyota CHR hybrid or going completely mad and getting a BMW i3 with REX So I placed a deposit on a nearly new CHR had a test drive and was underwhelmed so gave up on that idea and looked at the i3 after looking at dozens of reviews on Youtube and got quite interested but due to lock down have no chance of a test drive.So after joining a online i3 users group there are some regular niggles which I think would drive me mad after a while, ie fuel cap door not activating 12v battery failing only one tyre manufacturer at 200 pounds a pop the list goes on but its a interesting car.So I'm going back to a diesel enough of the green stuff and want a convertible as I have just sold my MR2 that I purchased from TZ around 5 years ago you might remember it a pretty silver one Ive had some fun with it never laid a spanner on it apart from oil and filters but a few rust bubbles I felt was the gypsys warning so it had to go and I could have sold it time and again.So I have whittled my choice down to either a BMW 2 series convertible with the 2ltr diesel Auto or the Merc SLK 250d auto 2015/16 I have no experience of either so any advice on what to look for would be very helpful.
    Regards
    Squashy1
    You do know there was a sell on fee , I often wonder if you still had it, I am glad it got used, if i had a big enough garage i'd still have it.
    Last edited by Chabsy; 5th May 2021 at 19:22.

What should I buy

Hi Chabsy
    Hope your well yes just moved it on only did 200 miles last year due to lock down used as a second car sold it to a guy that had a business turbo charging motor bikes he saw it and could not resist it said he might supercharge it! loved it in the summer just felt it was time to move it on so I'm fancying a SLK 250D but looking for some tips what to look out for.
    Take care
    Squashy1