closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Porsche watches?

Porsche watches?

I am curious about what people think of Porsche watches. I'm talking of course about the Chronograph 1 series which appears to have an in-house movement and some interesting case dimensions / treatments.

They make them in a wide range of colour schemes, some of them not to my taste given they're 911 branded. I like the 911 but don't own one and not sure I'd buy a car to match my watch ;)

I haven't handled a Chrono 1 yet but plan to do so next week...what do we think about Porsche as a watchmaker and does anyone have experience with the Chronograph 1? I'm guessing the residuals are horrific on an RRP at £9-10k

https://www.porsche-design.com/gb/en...WAP0710090PBLK

Really nice watches but yes the residuals are atrocious and I'd be trying to hunt down a pre owned model unless I had money to burn or I was 100% sure it was a keeper.

Master
    I tried them on in Frankfurt recently, they are cool and nicely done, though a little thick and I don’t know how they can justify the price aside from Porsche branding

Prices are tied into their new car sales market.

A friend who is on his third GT3 and second from his current dealer was offered his current car but only if he also bought a watch or and ebike.

One of mine, nice and legible.

Sent from my SM-A546B using Tapatalk

At that set of prices, I would be buying the originals by Orfina, or (much) later on, Eterna.

As a general point I really cannot see the point of having a re-issue version of something that costs multiples of the original.

Even at vintage dealer prices the cost of this new one could buy you 2 of the very best examples of the original (for instance an early one with the V7750 movement and a later with the Lemania 5100).

I know it was a while ago (8 years), but putting this one together from parts and having it fully re-coated at Schifferle & Schifferle (Orfina's service agent) cost me under £1.5k.

I sold it here, I think someone still has it. Hope so.

D

Guinand have a very similar design (Werksfahrer Chrono) for about 2K including tax.

Sinn 144 St S Jubilee? Virtually identical. Jura advertise them for £1900 (not sure they've got that right)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Sinn 144 St S Jubilee? Virtually identical. Jura advertise them for £1900 (not sure they've got that right)
    I’m not sure Sinn watches are in stock there (or anywhere for that matter). The steel version is about £2700

Master
    As someone mentioned, they are force sold together with the high end cars. That most likely makes the residuals terrbile, but also means that there should be used ones available. ;) I think it's a nice looking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    Prices are tied into their new car sales market.

A friend who is on his third GT3 and second from his current dealer was offered his current car but only if he also bought a watch or and ebike.
    Who do they think they are? Rolex?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I’m not sure Sinn watches are in stock there (or anywhere for that matter). The steel version is about £2700
    Thought it looked wrong. That's a limited edition which came out in about 2011. Doh!

Master
    Didn't Sinn build some of the 'Porsche Design' watches for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Didn't Sinn build some of the 'Porsche Design' watches for them?
    No. Orfina, Eterna, IWC. Sinn did a few Audi watches, but not many

Master
    Oh yes, the Audi watches. That's what I was thinking of.