closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Home contents insurance renewal surprise.

Home contents insurance renewal surprise.

For the last three years I have been sorting the contents insurance out for my single BL, he lives in a one bed room council flat in a decent area.

2021=£175.97

2022=£147.42

2023=£88.79

These were the renewal prices, I didn't have to ask, what's the world coming too when prices actually come down ? :)

Wish mine had, no its gone up by £30, never had a claim un my life on home insurance or car insurance yet goes up every year...

What does BL mean?

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    What does BL mean?
    Brawny Lover?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    For the last three years I have been sorting the contents insurance out for my single BL, he lives in a one bed room council flat in a decent area.

2021=£175.97

2022=£147.42

2023=£88.79

These were the renewal prices, I didn't have to ask, what's the world coming too when prices actually come down ? :)
    The last two years my car insurance came down. Same car, same drivers etc etc. This year it's gone up by £60, same car, same drivers etc etc. Insurance companies seem to be a law unto themselves.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

car renewal 2023 £121 (£198 2022)so not bad , but £205 after £40 cash back from quidco ( yes you have a wait) for same policy with same x/s /cover with same insurer( aviva)!!

My house insurance premium halved this year and my car insurance premium has been flat since 2018. But, then, I live in a low-risk area and only drive a 5 series.

My home insurance shot up by just over £200, shopped around and could only get it some £60 cheaper than the quoted renewal price so as with car insurance premiums are sky rocketing up.

Craftsman
    Just had my buildings/contents renewal through from Direct Line and it's gone from £235.20 to £329.28, so a nice precise 40% increase year on year - and no changes whatsoever to the policy.

I'll do the rounds tomorrow to see if I can get a better quote elsewhere, but not hopeful on the back of what happened with my car insurance (neither Confused nor ComparetheMarket could beat the renewal price I'd been offered for that)