closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Finally, fans back in Stadiums…

Finally, fans back in Stadiums…

Have to say, it’s refreshing to see the fans back inside football grounds, don’t you agree…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carra speaking with a lot of passion in defence of fans regardless of the club they support.

Master
    A great sight.

Totally backfired. Saying they want 50+1 ownership / decision making then breaking into the place and smashing it up, thus demonstrating they're not the people you want owning or making decisions. And why blockade the hotel? What was the point of getting the game postponed? What could have been a very positive protest ended up being a disgrace to the club.

was looking forward to watching the match aha

I bet some United supporters will be glad the game was called off. Image the shame of losing at home to Liverpool and handing the PL to City at the same time

Master
    Handing it to City...OK.

It would be nice if it were that close.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Totally backfired. Saying they want 50+1 ownership / decision making then breaking into the place and smashing it up, thus demonstrating they're not the people you want owning or making decisions. And why blockade the hotel? What was the point of getting the game postponed? What could have been a very positive protest ended up being a disgrace to the club.
    Couldn't disagree more. I would like to see some fan control mandated in England. And I would like to see widespread protest to achieve it, because it ain't happening any other way.

I think we'd all like to see that but repeating what went on today won't achieve that. Empty stadiums and season tickets not being renewed might help as they won't want empty stadiums projected on worldwide TV as that might affect revenue. In Newcastle we know that only too well. We've needed to stop buying season tickets since Fat Mike bought our club but the lemmings keep queuing up to renew. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got.

Certainly thug behaviour isn't going to achieve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. I would like to see some fan control mandated in England. And I would like to see widespread protest to achieve it, because it ain't happening any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Handing it to City...OK.

It would be nice if it were that close.
    Today

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I think we'd all like to see that but repeating what went on today won't achieve that. Empty stadiums and season tickets not being renewed might help as they won't want empty stadiums projected on worldwide TV as that might affect revenue. In Newcastle we know that only too well. We've needed to stop buying season tickets since Fat Mike bought our club but the lemmings keep queuing up to renew. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got.

Certainly thug behaviour isn't going to achieve anything.
    So not renewing season tickets isn't going to work as you've explained, and certainly not at MUFC where there's a waiting list so what can you do? A #glazersout campaign on Twitter perhaps, or vast swathes of supporters in alternative colours with Glazers out banners when fans are allowed back? Nah, what these parasites tried a couple of weeks back was an extreme move which deserves an extreme protest.

I was looking forward the the game today and will never condone the pitch invasion or chucking bottles and flares at the police, but I'm glad they managed to get the game called off. Eyes around the world were watching including those at FSG so job well done as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Dynam0humm; 2nd May 2021 at 20:07.

Whilst fans in football make the game more than just a business from their perspective, it’s still a business and turning back the clock is never going to happen.

The ESL was a bad idea because it was done without consulting the players or even the managers and it wasn’t merit based with any relegation or promotion. But be under no illusion, all clubs want to increase revenue and the most popular want their slice according to their popularity. The FA, Premier League, UEFA and FIFA all want to maximise income from the game so there’s no good guys in any of this.

United fans are miffed that they’ve not won the league in 8 years and the Glazers have saddled a once debt free club with huge debt making it harder to compete and be relevant. The Glazers involvement with the ESL was probably the straw that broke the camel’s back...... they know they’re hated by the fans but none of today’s events will drive them out.

City fans, on the other hand, until the recent ESL debacle have had nothing but great things to say about Mansour and have delivered success on a level not seen before at the club. Same goes for Abramovic at Chelsea.

I can’t ever see a situation where the EFL goes over to the same system as the Bundesliga because there’s too much money involved.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Today
    If anything a Liverpool victory would be them handing the title to City.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post

City fans, on the other hand, until the recent ESL debacle have had nothing but great things to say about Mansour and have delivered success on a level not seen before at the club. Same goes for Abramovic at Chelsea.
    Yeah, money does funny things to people.

A tale as old as time itself.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    A great sight.
    Which bit exactly ?
    The cop with the slashed face? The goons attacking the car ? The ones kicking the door in perhaps ? Maybe the ones attacking the Police outside the ground ?
    A bunch of self entitled arseholes who are piggybacking the ESL to voice disquiet over the ownership of United not backing them sufficiently to win major trophies. Unbelievably backed by the halfwits at Sky ( a broadcaster that would’ve been hit hard by the super league ) , Neville , Spitty et al making it seem like a popular uprising . Laughably trying to turn it into Tianamen Square in Trafford .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Which bit exactly ?
    The cop with the slashed face? The goons attacking the car ? The ones kicking the door in perhaps ? Maybe the ones attacking the Police outside the ground ?
    A bunch of self entitled arseholes who are piggybacking the ESL to voice disquiet over the ownership of United not backing them sufficiently to win major trophies. Unbelievably backed by the halfwits at Sky ( a broadcaster that would’ve been hit hard by the super league ) , Neville , Spitty et al making it seem like a popular uprising . Laughably trying to turn it into Tianamen Square in Trafford .
    The link between ownership and the ESL is undeniable. It’s about those owning the clubs not having the clubs best interests at heart.

I’m not surprised that you don’t get it, I refer you to my other post just above yours.

Just as an aside, I'm constantly amazed at the name-calling etc in your posts in the 'other' football threads on here.

I'm 43, I stopped that when I was about 12.
    Last edited by demonloop; 3rd May 2021 at 07:47.

The link between ownership and the ESL is undeniable. It’s about those owning the clubs not having the clubs best interests at heart.

I’m not surprised that you don’t get it, I refer you to my other post just above yours.

Just as an aside, I'm constantly amazed at the name-calling etc in your posts in the 'other' football threads on here.

I'm 43, I stopped that when I was about 12.
    Nice deflection.
    Where have I intimated that I don’t get it ? I’ve made clear my objection to the super league .
    I just don’t feel the need to run riot , damaging property and inflicting violence .
    Sorry about the name calling, I’ll refer to the protagonists as gentlemen from now on if that’s OK ?

Craftsman
    Now all we need are some players on the pitch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Nice deflection.
    Where have I intimated that I don’t get it ? I’ve made clear my objection to the super league .
    I just don’t feel the need to run riot , damaging property and inflicting violence .
    Sorry about the name calling, I’ll refer to the protagonists as gentlemen from now on if that’s OK ?
    No attempt to deflect; the bit I refer to you 'not-getting', is the issue with super rich (often not UK based) ownership

I think it is bad for football. End of story.

I don't expect you to agree with that, due to the recent success it has brought to your club

If Saudi Arabia decided to buy Utd and we were winning the CL every year, I would be eqaually opposed to it: be of no doubt about that

And thanks, the absence of name-calling would lead to a more adult conversation

No attempt to deflect; the bit I refer to you 'not-getting', is the issue with super rich (often not UK based) ownership

I think it is bad for football. End of story.

I don't expect you to agree with that, due to the recent success it has brought to your club

If Saudi Arabia decided to buy Utd and we were winning the CL every year, I would be eqaually opposed to it: be of no doubt about that

And thanks, the absence of name-calling would lead to a more adult conversation
    In an ideal world,you’d be owned by Micheal Knighton and we’d still have Peter Swales for a chairman because they tick the English owners box . Is this the scenario you’re hoping for ? Football has moved on immeasurably since your club, along with a number of others decided to form the breakaway Premier League. Im sure you were UK owned at the time ?
    You talk about the money , yet United fans are only unhappy that the Glazers use the club as a cash cow . If they had continued to invest wisely and were still winning the trophies on a regular basis, there would be very little resistance. Make no mistake, the scattergun approach to buying players who didn’t perform and abject results when it mattered had as much to do with the protests as any discord with the owners
    There isn’t an owner in the Premier League who doesn’t hope to make money from their club . Nobody does it for the ‘good of the game’ anymore.

The recent success of City has had no impact on me ‘ getting’ people’s upset with mega rich foreign owners . The owners of City are pilloried for splashing the cash , but few people want to realise that they have still made a huge amount of money out of the business. The Sheikh was no doe eyed boy sitting in his Shaun Goater shirt dreaming of owning the club one day .

Clubs were up for sale and have been snapped up. It happens in all walks of life and business. Why should football be excluded? I’m not in favour of it but surely without the investment,many more clubs would’ve gone to the wall before now.
    The ties between football and the fans was once an in breakable bond but even that is nowhere near as solid as it used to be. The game is nothing like what it was a generation or so ago .

Again , I get the protests, what I don’t get or condone , is the physical attacks on people and property in the name and of an ill conceived protest.

Craftsman
    Never like the way the club was bought by the glaziers but that's the FA/premier league to blame and they need more robust tests in place.

But with news of pogba being offered 400k a week goal keeper S costing us 500k a week and the list goes on i don't think it's only the owners who are being greedy as this money must come from somewhere.

I guess all these players speaking out have to remember their words at contractual renewal.

While I agree with the sentiment folk like Gary neville earned million and continue to do so from football. This money has to be raised from us one way or another.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    One of the Utd fans fell over in the 18 yd box and VAR awarded a penalty.
    Last edited by hilly10; 3rd May 2021 at 20:46.