closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines (Heritage) what do we think ?

Master

Longines (Heritage) what do we think ?

I quite like the look of some of the Heritage range, the Tuxedo models look particularly different.
    Anyone got one ?
    IMG_1431.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Buy one, you will be pleased with it - I picked up a heritage military a few weeks back, really cool watch and love the concept - longines appear to be relatively well priced and nicely made items.

Something that I was looking at for ċ while but I was put off by the lug to lug of nearly 50mm. Seemed to make a sweet spot sized watch unwearable for being too big.

I've had a couple of heritage Longines reissues and you get a lot of watch for the money. And a superb presentation box to boot. I certainly see no quality difference vs the ETA-powered Breitlings despite the vast price difference.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    I quite like the look of some of the Heritage range, the Tuxedo models look particularly different.
    Anyone got one ?
    Currently reduced at Jura

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...-l2-830-4-93-0

Master
    The one I fancy is the Bigeye chrono. The original was superb in every respect, but the new blue dial version eithe kicks it up a notch, or commits heresy depending on your perspective. It's very pretty indeed, but undoubtedly long way from 'heritage'.

At times it has me very tempted but I remain unsure how I'd feel about it as a long term proposition. Is this peak 'faux' vintage?

Craftsman
    I picked up one of their sector dial watches at Christmas, and I've been really enjoying it.

It's kept very good time so far (around +2s per day), and has a good power reserve.

If I was being critical, the two straps it came with were rather poor, and the box was unnecessarily large!

I picked up the Heritage Military about a year ago. It is accurate and handsome - I was concerned about the "aged" dial but on the wrist it is not noticeable. Like Joppers I think the OEM straps are less than ideal and I found the 19mm lugs a bit annoying. I squeezed in a 20mm Rios pigskin using the original 19mm spring bars with no issues. I also wore it on Eddie's 20mm coyote strap and that worked well too. I do wish it had 100mm water resistance though since 30mm seems a bit low for a watch in this style and price range.

I like the range but never quite enough to jump on. The big eye Chrono is perhaps the only one that might make me break form. I tried one on and I found it quite large on wrist given the oversize pushers. It left me wondering whether I should save some cash and get a Sinn 356 instead.

Rambling, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I do wish it had 100mm water resistance though since 30mm seems a bit low for a watch in this style and price range.
    ...30mm is very shallow indeed....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I think Longines offer great bang for buck with certain models, while perhaps lacking a 'luxury' feel - which is fair enough given the pricing. The tuxedo models got a lot of press when released, although I personally think I would tire of their look quite quickly. The Bigeye chrono is great. I was always sceptical of the back story (given the fact that we all have cameras to hand nowadays, I dont think I've ever seen a proper photo of the vintage model that was supposedly brought in by a collector), but it is a great design. The case it a bit lumpy and it has long lugs (about 50mm lug to lug), so the new titanium model could be the way to go.

Craftsman
    I have had a Heritage Conquest for some time now and it has all the benefits of being a current model such as condition and parts availability but also the appeal of vintage models - 35mm size, the styling and a hesalite crystal.

I really like the Longines Heritage range. I've previously owned quite a few models....Lengend Diver, Conquest (three different ones) and a Big Eye Chrono. Really liked them all but generally found myself flipping them in the quest for something else...usually Omega.

I'm very tempted with a Skin Diver but having trouble finding one secondhand and am slightly worried about the long lug-to-lug dimensions.