closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chronosport any other owners on here ?

Chronosport any other owners on here ?

A recent purchase for me , just browsing the usual sites and came across this on ebay . After a bit of reading and a history lesson on the brand , I couldnt resist, a nice sharp example thats hardly been worn ! .

Im not sure on the bezel , as its different to example pics on Google for this model BUT I think it suits the watch .

Im down a rabbit hole now looking at other models from the 60s , 70s and 80s , manual wind computer watch , divers ect.

[IMG] [/IMG]

All the best
    Rob

That’s a nice example
    These are quite cool, the were a catalogue watch but were well made.
    The UDT watches have a curtain cache.
    Magnum PI was an owner of the Monnin cased divers watch.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 1st May 2021 at 16:24.

There are two totally separate Chronosports at play here
    The OPs watch is from the Chronosport catalogue, famous for racing and pilots chronographs. They were retailers that stocked Heuer and many other brands, including thieir own, which have always (to me) looked like they were made by O&W (some by Enicar as well). They also stocked Sicura, Nivada, O&W under their own name and heap of others, including Rolex for a while.
    They were based in Bath, UK, although theey also boasted a US office in New York. Their logo was the jet plane seen in the OP.
    The other Chronosport, responsible for Magnum's dive watch, and the UDT ana-digi famous for being issued to seals, had a logo that is a sailing boat with striped Spinnaker. This was separate, and ended up being part of the Sinn/Guinand set up. It was officially Chronosport Inc, based in Connecticut and with associations to St Moritz in Canada.

They were decidedly not the same organisation

D

Everyday is a school day
    Cheers

Thanks for the comments ,

@ sweets during my research reading old forum posts , there appeared to be some confusion over the sinn / chronosport connection . The mail order office in New York will no doubt have added to this .

My plan is to source a nice beads of rice or a bracelet with end links ,as i think it will look much better . From the old adverts I have seen, these were originally fitted with a beads of rice bracelet.

Rob